Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 2:14 AM Last edited by Fyren5 : 26th Apr 2019 at 12:55 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [[SOLVED]] "Bad Object Array" Error - Why & How?
Hi everyone, just wondering what causes the "Bad Object Array" error?

I've just experienced it for the first time ever. I was playing a fresh Belladonna Cove from Meetme2theriver which was luckily just a throwaway test hood so I knew things were good to go for my REAL hood. I loaded the Rutherford household and just went straight to speed 3 to check for errors. Geoff & Connor were resetting but not in a T-Pose. They lost their plumbobs for a mini second and reset. I exited the game and loaded again but this time I turned boolProp on. I got the error "Bad Object Array" from both Sims at different times. This was also when I added the Batbox and Sim Blender on the lot. It also happened without the Batbox and Sim Blender. The reset also happened to the other households in Belladonna Cove, too (without boolProp on).

I haven't installed any new mods or CC recently. I have recently installed houses from here on MTS & a few of the Veronaville and Strangetown houses from Power Aspiration Penguins' tumblr. I removed my entire downloads folder and the household was fine. I went through my mods folder and tested a few sim hours in the game on speed 3 and it seems the error has gone away? Very odd.

Does anyone know what happened? I'm so confused. I'm actually scared it will pop up again...

Attached the error log for people who know how to read them. :D
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_E001_t5491.rar (13.1 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 1:56 AM
@Chris Hatch would you be able to read the report?

I think you need to make a backup and pull your content and see if you still get this as it's probably caused by CC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:39 AM
The short answer is the lots are affected by a phone/phone call related mod. Since the lots came from another source and you don't normally have a problem it is likely to be an override that came in the lots that's not working with your cc and once clear it won't return.

The long answer is;
Geoff is trying to tell a Joke to Conner who is sitting in a chair.
Geoff is waiting for Conner to enter the interaction which is taking a longer than normal as he is sitting down.

Somehow the phone global 'Interaction - Call - TEST' was run by Geoff, that is a normal phone interaction test but it's not normally available autonomously so unless you have a mod to change that I doubt Geoff ran it while waiting, it could be that you ran the mouse over a phone which will run the test.

That op-code has been overridden by a mod, the problem begins at node 22 but the default only has 12 nodes. At that point the current object id is zero which is not possible in the default code, it would have thrown an error much sooner. From this point on the current object id becomes weird.

While checking what party phone calls are available it runs the op-code 'CT - Phone Call Available?' from the 'Phone Call - Party - Party' object, which then uses the semi-global op-code 'Calls - Handle Call (Create Dialog Array)'. However the default 'CT - Phone Call Available?' never calls that semi-global so once again it must be overridden by a mod. At this point the current object id is Geoff's plumbob.

'Calls - Handle Call (Create Dialog Array)' node 16 where the error occurs is clearing the array on the current object id which is still Geoff's plumbob and since plumbobs have no arrays you get a bad object array error.

Geoff's plumbob has an id of 128 which is 0x0080, that is the same value as the party phone call Selector Sub-Category so I guess something has muddled up the current object id with the Selector Sub-Category.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:04 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 26th Apr 2019 at 12:56 AM.
So the problem is a phone or a phone call mod?

The only mods I have related to phones and phone calls are these:

Pescado's Autosoc, Autoyak (basically Macrotastics), Phone Hack & Phone Hack Module
SimWardrobe's Throw Massive Parties-Pets-Seasons

I've always had these Mods in my game and I'm confused why they would show problems now instead of before.. HCDU shows no conflicts except with Sim Blender, Sim Manipulator & inSimenator which I use all 3 with no issues all the time..

I'm still very confused, not sure what the next step is now. I appreciate the help, Chris. So thank you.

@Chris Hatch

Update for you.. I put my mouse over the phone just to see what would happen, since you mentioned it above. It threw that error at me each time I went over the phone. I'm going to go through my downloads again to find the reason why it's doing it.

Sorry for tagging you like this, I won't do it again.

Final edit: I figured out the problem. It was my own mistake. I downloaded a version of the Community Lot Parties mod that wasn't compatible with Apartment Life.