Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 10:29 PM Last edited by Prime : 27th Sep 2019 at 6:21 AM. Reason: The problem was solved but now I have a new one
Error with Neighborhood decoration Object? Does not display right (strange Red Glow?) help? FIXED/SOLVED
UPDATE:

I got the building working in the sims 3 and now it is viewable from the neighboorhood view BUT there's another problem.

The building is giving off this strange red glow... what is causing that? and how do i fix it?

EDIT:

This error has been fixed... here's how I did it:
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 11:48 PM
When you made the object, did you replace the meshes for both LODs? I think you've replaced it for the high level of detail, but not the low level of detail mesh, so when you zoom out it shows the original low lod mesh
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
When you made the object, did you replace the meshes for both LODs? I think you've replaced it for the high level of detail, but not the low level of detail mesh, so when you zoom out it shows the original low lod mesh

i actually didn't know that i had to do that but i'll get to it right now
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 3:25 AM

It worked BUT it's still not viable from the neighborhood view. How can I make it visible to the neighborhood view?
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#5 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 11:04 AM
Perhaps the statue that you cloned from isn't visible from the town view. You could either clone a different object that doesn't disappear from the town view or try what this person did:
www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=550055

This is about fading when the camera gets close but it may be a similar process for it fading as it zooms out (sorry I'm a bit vague, I've never done this before )
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 11:21 PM
Perhaps the statue that you cloned from isn't visible from the town view. You could either clone a different object that doesn't disappear from the town view or try what this person did:
www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=550055

This is about fading when the camera gets close but it may be a similar process for it fading as it zooms out (sorry I'm a bit vague, I've never done this before )

that would be a good idea. but which object should i clone?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 7:04 AM
Is it marked as Large Object? Double check in S3PE and if it is not, you could try to mark it as such. You can find that setting under Object Type flags: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti..._Reorganization
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 4:59 PM Last edited by Prime : 5th Sep 2019 at 5:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Is it marked as Large Object? Double check in S3PE and if it is not, you could try to mark it as such. You can find that setting under Object Type flags: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti..._Reorganization

how do i make it so it can be opened in S3pe? i created it in tsr workshop

UPDATE:

I figured out how to get them to open in s3pe, using this: http://modthesims.info/d/364038/del...-sept-2009.html
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 8:07 PM
UPDATE:

I got the building working in the sims 3 and now it is viewable from the neighboorhood view BUT there's another problem.

The building is giving off this strange red glow... what is causing that? and how do i fix it?