Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 4:07 AM Last edited by gh0stic : 11th Jun 2019 at 5:10 PM. Reason: SOLVED

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default sim in family bin with a tombstone
Uh, just as the title says, I was scooting around sims in my hood to get it better organized and i completely spaced out and forgot they have a tombstone in their dang inventory.

things to note:
i know better than to delete tombstones/sims from the bin (im playing this sim actively, just wanted to move them into a nicer non shite lot on the other side of the hood so its ONLY the sim in the bin)
i made a cemetery lot specifically for gravestones and literally forgot to move the thing out of the sims inventory before scooting them to the bin
my backup copy of this hood is unfortunately gone so i dont have any backups RIP @ ME
i run the hoodchecker and nothing bizarre ever comes up, my game is running normally as far as i can tell

i have NO intention to delete the sim or the tombstone at all, i dont know if my game is effed now bc i didnt have the nounlinkdelete or the nocorruptdeath mods in yet.

what do ya'll think, did i bone my game already?

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 7:52 AM
If the Sim is in the Family Bin, and not in the Lots and Houses Bin, you’re good.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 8:56 AM
You'll save yourself a lot of stress if you remember that the problem is removing sims from the neighborhood.

Each neighborhood is separate from every other neighborhood, and consists of the main hood, the family bin, and any attached subhoods (including stealth hoods). Sims can move around freely within it.

The lot bin exists outside of any neighborhood, though it is accessible from all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 9:34 AM
That's fine, the only time it's bad to have tombstones in a sim's inventory is if the sim dies.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
If the Sim is in the Family Bin, and not in the Lots and Houses Bin, you’re good.

Yes! The sim is only in the family bin!

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You'll save yourself a lot of stress if you remember that the problem is removing sims from the neighborhood.

Each neighborhood is separate from every other neighborhood, and consists of the main hood, the family bin, and any attached subhoods (including stealth hoods). Sims can move around freely within it.

The lot bin exists outside of any neighborhood, though it is accessible from all.

I'll admit, I never liked that nonsense. I wish they'd realized exactly how effed this is ha. I haven't moved a sim from neighborhood to neighborhood in YEARS thankfully - now about to start doing it again now. oh HELL no

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That's fine, the only time it's bad to have tombstones in a sim's inventory is if the sim dies.

I am actively playing this particular sim, he'll have to live long enough for me to get him placed into his new lot and let me grab that tombstone outta there first - then he can die if he must!

Thank you all for your help - what a GIANT relief. I was searching high and low, asking on tumblr for crying out loud. I am so extremely relieved!!!

Scholar
#6 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 6:09 PM
Glad you found help.
I've had some tombstone issues make me nervous before.
Also I'd suggest you get those mods-- 'no unlink on delete' and 'no corrupt death'.
Helps with some of the death issues.

" Inama Nushif "
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Glad you found help.
I've had some tombstone issues make me nervous before.
Also I'd suggest you get those mods-- 'no unlink on delete' and 'no corrupt death'.
Helps with some of the death issues.

i downloaded them immediately after id realized my error of tossing that sim in to the family bin. all seems to be ok now though which is so good.