Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 6:19 PM
Default christian music..
what was the best christian song you ever heard? mine has to be "Awesome God" sung by Rich Mullins. (who wrote that song btw?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 11:24 PM
Hard to say. Amazing Grace is certainly one of the best songs, Christian or not, I've ever heard. My favorite Christmas song is Mary, Did You Know?, such an emotional song.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 5:57 AM
Um for me that's a hard question! There are so many beautiful Christian song out there!!..But thinking now two of my most favorite song are Walk by faith and Capture Me. Both song are by Jeremy Camp.When I heard Walk by Faith the first time I was on a hard life moment and I instantly fell in love with the song was a blessing for me on that moment..one small part of the song is "Well I will walk by faith Even when I cannot see it Well because this broken road Prepares Your will for me"..And Capture Me that talks about how the love of God Capture us.. one part of the song is:Your beauty Lord I know it captures me, Your sweet embrace it brings me to my knees.Oh, You capture me, Oh, Lord you capture me.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 9:18 PM
For me, it has to be Name, by Fireflight. It talks about how God loves you and knows you and your name. The first time I heard the song, I was going through difficult times and was feeling alone, but the song reminded me that I wasn't alone and that I should take the time to be greatful for what I have been blessed with, rather than focusing on what I didn't have.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TatianaEstelle
For me, it has to be Name, by Fireflight. It talks about how God loves you and knows you and your name. The first time I heard the song, I was going through difficult times and was feeling alone, but the song reminded me that I wasn't alone and that I should take the time to be greatful for what I have been blessed with, rather than focusing on what I didn't have.

I love that! :D

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 3:01 AM
Mine would have to be Awake and Alive by Skillet.
Theorist
#7 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FloatingSock
Mine would have to be Awake and Alive by Skillet.

Same here, though I have to admit that I didn't realize that it was a Christian music first time I heard it
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 2:59 PM
For me, the one song that comes to mind; Shadows by RED.
If you listen to (or read) the lyrics, you can see why.

"There's a hate inside of me like some kind of master
I try to save you but I can't find the answer
I'm holding onto you, I'll never let go
I need you with me as I enter the shadows"

It makes me think of all the times my life has sucked and I've worried over my own faith; if I would lose my belief in God's existence. It always freaked me out to think about it. But even during the saddest times of my life, I knew there was no way I would give up on God. I love Him too much. I could never bring myself to let my faith in Him go, even if I wanted to. This song speaks volumes to me. I love it. ^__^
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 3:30 AM
Love Me - JJ Heller
Your Hands - JJ Heller
I'll Fly Away
<3
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 10:47 PM
I have to agree with The Creeper, I don't really care for church music, funny thing is I don't really care for country music either but I love Jesus, Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood.
Scholar
#11 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 10:52 PM
"Watch you Crawl" by Red, and "Hymn for the Missing," also by Red. Watch you Crawl is just plain awesome, and Hymn for the Missing always makes me cry a little

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 3:14 AM
Default My Favorite
My Favorites are "Still"-Hillsong and "Hallelujah"-Planetshakers
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 3:51 AM
A favorite of mine is "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing", but, I especially love, "In the Garden".

"And He walks with me, and, He talks with me, and, He tells me that I am His own. And the joy we share, as we tarry there - None other has ever known... None other has ever known."

And, "Hold Me Now" by Kirk Franklin.

"Somebody told me that You would wash all my sins, and, cleanse me from the scars that are so deep within. So I'm calling to You, if You can hear me, I don't know how. I was wondering can you hold me now?
"You are the only one that's patient when I fall. Your angels come to save me every time I call. You don't laugh at me when I make mistakes and cry - You're not like man; You understand me...
"So here I am this sinful man peace won't allow - I was wondering can you hold me now?
"Don't you worry God is faithful, and He cares about the tears you drop and the pain you feel - Hes there. When you are weak, that's when He's strong. Even though you don't know how, God can, and He will, hold you now."

And, also, "Help Me Believe" by Kirk Franklin, mostly because in my earlier years (and even sometimes, now), this explains how I feel.

"Wish I could see that this mess I'm in will really work out for my good - You said it would. So, if You can hear me, can You give me a sign, 'cause I don't feel You like I should... Please if You could.
"My faith is almost gone, I can't hold on much longer, take this cup from me.
"Help me believe, can I believe? Let me believe, I wanna believe. I'm no good on my own, please, give me another chance.
"It's hard to believe in what I can't see, to give You my will 'cause your will's better for me.
You can look in my eyes and see, I wanna believe...

"Cause it's killing me - Jesus, You know how it feels 'cause You've been hurt before... Don't wanna hurt no more.

"I'm trying to hear You speak, but my heart is growing weaker, take this cup from me...

"I know dark nights will come, and some days there'll be no sunshine, and You're too far to see... Help me Believe."

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 4:02 AM
I really like "Back In His Arms Again", I can not remember who does that also "Redeemed"by Big Daddy Weave!
Thank You Jesus for all the wonderful and talented christian singers! I am a member of my church choir and
love praising God, even if I am not as talented as they! The Lord loves me anyway even if I miss a note! What
an awsome God we have that watches over us all!!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 7:09 PM
Your Love Never Fails is my ultimate favorite song. I like the version by Jesus Culture, and I also love Your Grace is Enough, almost everything by Phil Wickham, Tim Hughes and Chris Tomlin. I also like some of the Newsboys.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Forum Resident
#16 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 7:42 PM
I like Promises by Sanctus Real, Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave, 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman, just about anything by Fireflight, and Even If by Kutless.
Scholar
#17 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 10:45 PM
I don't like christian music that tries to emulate cheesy pop, rock, and/or rap. I like gospel music, it feels great to sing along too.
Scholar
#18 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 7:35 PM
Some of my favorite artists are Chris Tomlin, Stellar Kart, Colton Dixon, and Plumb. I also really like the Wow Hits albums and usually get them every year. Some of my favorite hymns include Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, Amazing Grace (I know it's everyone's favorite, but still), Be Thou My Vision, and Great Is Thy Faithfulness.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com