Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 10:24 PM
Default Machinima Experiments: A study of Chester Gieke and a channel introduction by Florence Delarosa
I'd like to make a machinima series, but I'm experimenting with shorter videos first, and I'm hoping that they're entertaining in some way even though I was putting more focus on the technical details. These are the videos I finished:

A Study of Chester Gieke - As the title implies, I go into details about Chester's character -- what his personality is, what kind of background he has (and why it's so glitched up like everything else in Bluewater), and what his relationships with other people might be like. The only audio is music.

Channel Introduction - Despite being what would hopefully be the first thing to show to an audience, I made this after the above video and thus went a step further with Simlish speech! Florence introduces me as a budding video maker and gives a peek into my current plans for Bluewater Village.

Yes, I know my Youtube name doesn't match my MTS2 name, but for various reasons I would like it to be that way. Anyway, before I move on to even more advanced projects, I'd really like to have feedback about the lighting, subtitles, voices, etc..

Known Issues:
* The subtitles on many still images disappear quickly. I swear that's not in the actual video file I have. Does anyone know what's up with that? I've covered it with annotations and will just not use still images from now on. If it helps, I put the video together in VideoPad and saved it as an .avi.

* There are minor graphical errors where glitchy artifacts appear now and then, they don't appear during gameplay. My best guess is that it means my graphics card sucks, but I have no budget whatsoever to buy a better one.

* Smooth edges is disabled, as a corollary to my bad graphics card. I've tried fiddling with the configuration files to force it, but it never seemed to work. For what it's worth, recording in-game seems to lessen the harshness, and having sharp edges is helpful for greenscreening still images (and possibly movies if I get the resources to do that).

Thank you for taking the time out to see my videos!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 8:50 AM
I have to say these are probably the best sim videos I've seen on youtube. Its surprising to see someone actually keep simish in and make it sound natural. These are very well shot too and I'd like to see more coverage on the premade and bin characters because some of them I honestly think are cool. I await more from you!