Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2351 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 5:37 AM
Honey, temptation is knocking and it certainly is cold outside. Receive him!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2352 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Really? I'm grateful they didn't add Gangnam Style in the music... To be frank, I haven't checked the music yet. They didn't add it, did they?

http://youtu.be/EJHc26iM7jg <--- The real Harlem Shake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=V6A5ti7xFRM <--- The Real Harlem Shake done to the meme's music.
Alchemist
#2353 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catnipeverdeen
http://youtu.be/EJHc26iM7jg <--- The real Harlem Shake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=V6A5ti7xFRM <--- The Real Harlem Shake done to the meme's music.

I meant Gangam style. They didn't add the music in the game right? Whew.
Top Secret Researcher
#2354 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 3:37 PM
Does anyone keep the link where they mod the science skill to be learned when using chemistry set? I thought it was from here but cant seem to find it.
Mad Poster
#2355 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 7:08 PM
Has anyone tried Ani's apartment mod? I figured I'd ask about it here before I get my hopes up and download it
Forum Resident
#2356 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Does anyone keep the link where they mod the science skill to be learned when using chemistry set? I thought it was from here but cant seem to find it.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...799#post4093799

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Scholar
#2357 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 1:05 PM
Okay...it's silly question,but how to take sim-self photo with other sim using smartphone?(I don't find this option in smartphone)
Alchemist
#2358 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 1:13 PM
I think you need a certain level of Jock influence to do that. It's not the question that's silly, it's the answer.
Instructor
#2359 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I think you need a certain level of Jock influence to do that. It's not the question that's silly, it's the answer.

Certain relationship levels too. Had a sim couple that had not even been to university that took a romantic couple photo with thier cellphone.
Top Secret Researcher
#2360 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 7:10 PM
I don't know what it is, but all these little interactions and items that has been added in Uni seems to improve the game a lot.
Imagine if they included minor stuff like this in every expansion instead of throwing one major new thing in there, like performing etc.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2361 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 7:44 PM
Performing could have been a minor addition as well. We didn't need an expansion pack that focused on being a celebrity because we already had one, though I did like what they added to the pack. Even without the performance stage object, the stages themselves are great for the bands and look nice in general.

The Salt Lake Team adds in a lot of minor additions to the game, surprisingly. Showtime features a lot of stuff that had NOTHING to do with performing. Supernatural did. University Life Did.

Top Secret Researcher
#2362 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 8:48 PM
What did it add of minor interactions in Showtime? I can't remember.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2363 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 8:56 PM
I don't think Showtime added minor interactions, just a lot of minor objects to flesh out the game world. Jukebox, pool table, golf, arcade tables, MP3 player, Meditation machine, etc. Lots of little cute things.

Mad Poster
#2364 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 9:22 PM
I have grown to hate the social groups, it messes up how I like yo play my Sims. Why do my couch potatoes must be a part of the jocks group so they can take a romantic pic on the smartphone? Ugh!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#2365 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 9:53 PM
The threshold to become a part of them should be higher.
Or it could have been so that when you reach the first "level" or whatever, you get an invitation to join the social group by a leader or some sort.

Top Secret Researcher
#2366 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 10:56 PM Last edited by Margaret Pendragon : 23rd Mar 2013 at 11:22 PM.
I agree Lewisb40, I've come to feel the same way. The thing that makes it so problematic for me is the amount of time needed to maintain the standing in each group. Has anyone modded that yet? I may look into it, if not. Well, if it's possible, that is.

EDIT I do see a tunable that appears to disable influence skill decay, if anyone wants to be a guinea pig.
Mad Poster
#2367 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 11:49 PM
Really wish it was possible to have the picture functions without the social groups influences. I know the influences are needed for the jobs, but I hate it so much. I don't want my flirty, man whore to be a nerd because he played a few computer or video games. Probably enjoyed a few raunchy, mature, comic books. (That's my story, I am sticking to it) The man whore is a musician but gets enough nerd influence to get offered a technology job. Sad thing is he will wish to have the damn job. If I want to play a nerd, then I would create one. Thank you very much.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One Minute Ninja'd
#2368 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Really wish it was possible to have the picture functions without the social groups influences. I know the influences are needed for the jobs, but I hate it so much. I don't want my flirty, man whore to be a nerd because he played a few computer or video games. Probably enjoyed a few raunchy, mature, comic books. (That's my story, I am sticking to it) The man whore is a musician but gets enough nerd influence to get offered a technology job. Sad thing is he will wish to have the damn job. If I want to play a nerd, then I would create one. Thank you very much.

The other problem I have with the social groups outside of Uni world is, there are no social groups. No world offers sims with any of the social group "scores" for your sim to even socialize with. Yes, you could go through with something like MC and assign groups individually, but that's tedious. It's almost as though, in order to unlock those social "skills' like taking a photo together, EA wanted you to just use the LTR's that are the lowest cost rewards they have, and just give the group memberships to your sims without all the trouble of actually having a social structure outside of Uni world.

Someone on the development team must have had a sense of humor about it, though. I had my sim, who is a level 10 rebel, level 10 nerd, and level 7 jock, ask her romantic interest to call someone about them. The friendly interaction is worded something like "drop someone's name to impress them....". Normally, the sim places a phone call to that third sim, and acts like that sim they're calling is vouching for what a good sim your sim is. This time, instead of placing the call and getting a positive relationship response, the sim looked at my sim and said "You really have some issues to work out. I'll leave you alone while you deal with it". Blew me away. Now THAT developer deserves a prize.
Instructor
#2369 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I have grown to hate the social groups, it messes up how I like yo play my Sims. Why do my couch potatoes must be a part of the jocks group so they can take a romantic pic on the smartphone? Ugh!

...?

Sorry, it's just that I took a romantic pic on the smartphone with no social group standing whatsoever.
Mad Poster
#2370 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 2:55 AM
That is funny and nice eskie. I could love that, but when my sim ask the " tell someone how good a friend I am" interaction it goes through very well. Just don't know how it benefits my sim, so I will try it again.

I have a town filled with social group set for them. I just put in Twallan's updated mods last night, so I thought EA Story Progression was issuing them. As my Sims talk to and befriends them, they are uping his influence, also being a computer whiz doesn't help anything. From playing computer games to playing chess, my military man is overcoming being a jock to a complete nerd. Now his feelings get hurt when he is called a nerd by the jock socialites. Frustration I tell you.

Field Researcher
#2371 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 2:15 PM
I've not been following news recently and can someone answer this? Why doesn't Twallan's Relativity mod work in university world?
Forum Resident
#2372 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 2:50 PM
You will get better answers on his wiki. Since that is where the mod is hosted.
Inventor
#2373 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mera Benzema
Why doesn't Twallan's Relativity mod work in university world?

I've put the mod back almost immediately (no updating was needed) and it is working fine at University as well as in the homeworld.
Lab Assistant
#2374 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 5:08 AM
When sims "Play Online" or "Play Online With . . . (another sim) using a video game console and the television, a Hands Free Ear Piece/Mic combo appears in the sims ear and they talk crap while playing ! LOL
Also, the relationship with the other Sim their playing an online game with increases while they play together
Page 95 of 95