Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2018 at 9:33 AM
Names
I was wondering do you have any preferred names? I like Adam, Anna, Ivan, Martha, Arabella, Matthew,... What are yours?
JJ :lovestruc
Screenshots
Attached Images

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th May 2018 at 12:53 PM
Aurora, Misty, Maya, Scarlett, Nina, Jasmine, Sylvia, Kyra (pronounced as "Kira"), Heather, Claire, Malinda, Lia, Kizzy.
I like unique, fantasy, posh girl names.

Lucas, Aiden, Adrian, Daniel.
I struggle with male names on the Sims 2 & 3 if I'm creating a family from scratch. I mostly get out of it by creating or downloading a movie or tv character or inspired character.
Alchemist
#3 Old 8th May 2018 at 8:35 PM
iiiiiisBoris

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 11th May 2018 at 1:12 AM
Depending on the situation, the more unique, the better. However, names like Matildred, Bertrude or Prancine sound like it was a slurred together, pressed for time, "that's what you could come up with?" response.

Then again, at least when I think of names when naming original Sims, I tend to gravitate towards a theme when making families or single Sims.

Names are usually a concept that is used on people to denote demarcation and being that names are things people give you, associate with people wisely or you'll spend a few years being called "Sack of Shit". True Story

In the long run, I really don't judge names, but if it's the matter of giving a child a name, keep in mind the child is stuck with the name either until death or if enough petition for the child to have a different one.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th May 2018 at 11:32 AM
I love the names "SofÃ*a" and "Alejandro"!!
Space Pony
#6 Old 14th May 2018 at 11:31 AM
Basic, Tier 1= Emily David Chris Mark Susan Jennifer
Common, Tier 2= Dylan Nicole Corey Jessica Melissa Joey
Uncommon, Tier 3= Rose Cody Alice Russell Liam Deborah
Rare, Tier 4= Elijah Rebecca GiGi Ephraim Isaiah Ruby
Very Rare, Tier 5= Emmett Sebastian Jewel Kayla Layla Boris
Legendary, Tier 6= Isis Adeline Ali (male) Gwendolyn Reiner Eugene

Dag-Dag
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th May 2018 at 1:48 PM
When it comes to Sims, it depends on the family or representations I'm trying to convey.

In general (as in, for my own future children) I go for strong but uncommon names. Something that isn't usually heard of, but when my kids tell people their names they don't go "What?!".

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th May 2018 at 2:43 PM
For my sims:
http://www.nameoftheyear.com/
Otherwise they just get called Sim.
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 4:54 AM
Maddie, Lily, Maylene, Cassie, Cody, Josh, Katelynn,
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 5:32 AM
i really like names like madeline, ophelia, paige, patricia, oliver, evelyn, vivian, and aria