Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#15051 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 6:53 PM
Any hacks allow sims inherent stuff from the inventory or business from their parents, regardless where or despite living elsewhere from their parents? I look it up at the wiki, doesn't mention of any behaviour from Vanilla as such, I would like to know If there is so I won't have to give gift everything to the daughter.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#15052 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 7:18 PM
Not that I've ever seen. The best you can do is get the Inventory Transfer Vase and hope they don't die unexpectedly.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#15053 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I'd hide mine, but if I did I'd probably keep forgetting to turn on FRAPS in the first place.

Exactly.
Alchemist
#15054 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 1:59 AM
Has anyone ever figured out how to edit the Visitor Controller? I'd like to make it so that the gypsy and Crumplebottom aren't banned by default, but looking at the mod in SimPE... It's all Greek to me. Apparently the question has been asked a few times, but no answers, which makes me think it's not easy to change. Does anyone have all EPs but use an older version of Visitor Controller that doesn't ban npcs by default? I don't think there's an alternative to VC, either, is there?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#15055 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Has anyone ever figured out how to edit the Visitor Controller? I'd like to make it so that the gypsy and Crumplebottom aren't banned by default, but looking at the mod in SimPE... It's all Greek to me. Apparently the question has been asked a few times, but no answers, which makes me think it's not easy to change. Does anyone have all EPs but use an older version of Visitor Controller that doesn't ban npcs by default? I don't think there's an alternative to VC, either, is there?

I've asked about the defaults, too. Hope you get the answer.
Scholar
#15056 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 8:35 PM
Hoodchecker is showing 89 instances of 'Sim has no character file'. Normal, or problem?
Mad Poster
#15057 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 9:01 PM
It depends. If you have multi-PTs or any CC that uses NPCs, that's normal. Number's a bit high, though.

For what it matters, you can copy (not move - that'll corrupt your other hoods!) those character files into your hood's character folders to get rid of the error. No need to rename them, either.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15058 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 12:48 AM
Just noticed something in this picture:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...=20110706191708

What are those things/statues on the pedestals? There's four of them. Do we have those in the game?
Mad Poster
#15059 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 1:38 AM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 30th Aug 2018 at 2:11 AM.
Aren't those the bases of the dog show signs from Pet Stories?

Download it HERE

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#15060 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Aren't those the bases of the dog show signs from Pet Stories?

Download it HERE

Oh cool! Thank you! :lovestruc
Scholar
#15061 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
It depends. If you have multi-PTs or any CC that uses NPCs, that's normal. Number's a bit high, though.

For what it matters, you can copy (not move - that'll corrupt your other hoods!) those character files into your hood's character folders to get rid of the error. No need to rename them, either.

I've just tried removing everything from the downloads file but Hoodchecker, crumplefix and nounlinkondelete, and I'm getting the same result. It also makes no difference whether the hood is Maxis, Tarlia, a download (Sedona and Emerald Heights), or newly created with no subhoods and no lots or Sims placed - all my hoods have 85-90 of these 'no character file' Sims.
Mad Poster
#15062 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 3:45 AM
HoodChecker doen't go in your downloads, it's a standalone program. Also, the contents of your downloads folder doesn't change what character files are present.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15063 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 5:08 AM
The contents of the download folder can chnage the number of character file present if they have NPC creating mods in there. Those NPC's shouldn't be removed. I doubt anyone's download folder would contain 85-90 NPC's though. HoodChecker shouldn't mind where it is run from.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15064 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:52 AM
The contents of the downloads folder does not change the character files in the neighborhood folder, it only changes what character files are in your downloads folder. That's why you shouldn't remove NPC character files from downloads, because those files are not stored elsewhere.
Mad Poster
#15065 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Just noticed something in this picture:

What are those things/statues on the pedestals? There's four of them. Do we have those in the game?

Yeah, that's a picture from Pet Stories.
Mad Poster
#15066 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:42 AM
It's the main entrance to Bartholomew Greens - the competition lot from the finale where Alice Whitt finally defeats the evil Diana DeBore at the big dog show. (This picture is from my Sims 2 game. I don't have Pet Stories myself.)

Another picture actually from Pet Stories here:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_...tholomew_Greens
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#15067 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 4:05 PM
Can I move sim to another neighborhood by putting them in a bin? Or is there no way to do so without any risk of corruption?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#15068 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 4:09 PM
Don't move them with using the bin, that will corrupt both neighbourhoods. I think the only way to "move" is to clone them with SimPE.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#15069 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 5:27 PM
Is there anywhere else other than the downloads folder where I can put a water-texture enhancement mod (like Voeille's or Moi's)?
Scholar
#15070 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The contents of the download folder can chnage the number of character file present if they have NPC creating mods in there. Those NPC's shouldn't be removed. I doubt anyone's download folder would contain 85-90 NPC's though. HoodChecker shouldn't mind where it is run from.

Oops, didn't think of that! But I was 99.99999% sure I didn't have any such mods anyway, and that being the case I'm thinking those 85-90 Sims without character files indicate game-wide corruption, even if only one hood is currently showing signs of it.

Given that I play from discs and reinstalling them all takes quite a while (although I do at least have collections to speed things up a bit), I'm debating whether I should just try a total reinstall now, before the new semester starts, rather than wait for things to explode when I really haven't the time or energy to deal with it. If a fresh installation still shows the same thing, at least I'll know it was there from the beginning - but I'll have given up my current hoods for nothing.

Is it possible that an installation from discs could have been borked by an antivirus?
Mad Poster
#15071 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:51 PM
Yes, it's possible, or security permissions. This is why I generally install all my games under C:\Games\ rather than Program Files. The OS is less likely to throw up a fit if I try to modify something in there.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15072 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 8:07 PM
I agree with @Bulbizarre - anything that gets installed to the Program Files or Program Files(x86) folders are subject to UAC & file virtualization.

As a general rule, I would install everything to C:\Games (or the name of your choice; I choose 'games' cos it's easy to type) except for drivers, antivirus/antimalware and also any program that integrates with the shell (for example, 7zip or WinRAR).
Scholar
#15073 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 10:11 PM
That's probably what happened, then. McAfee wouldn't let me make an exception for Sims 2 because it insisted it was a program file and therefore essential to the running of the computer, so maybe it did mess up the installation right from the start.

Goodbye, Sheffield! Goodbye, Greater Pleasantview and Sedona! But don't worry, little pixel-people: reincarnation is just around the corner. In a C:\Games folder. Thanks, Bulbi and simsample!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15074 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Can I move sim to another neighborhood by putting them in a bin? Or is there no way to do so without any risk of corruption?

Noooo! Never use the bin. Ever. *Rocks fall and everyone dies*

Now that I have your attention. If you want sims a,b and c moved from Hood 1 to hood 2 your only option is to extract them in SimPE then clone them in body shop. Yeah, sucks I know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#15075 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

If its a subhood you want to move them to, they can go (family only) into the sim bin. You cant move the family with their house to the lots and houses bin.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Page 603 of 1347