Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Have Some Personality Please!

by PolarBearSims Posted 16th May 2017 at 2:18 AM - Updated 16th Mar 2024 at 10:14 PM by PolarBearSims : Mod Update 11/17/20

1202 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 981 Feedback Posts, 220 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 49
Theorist
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th May 2017 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KevBoothEnglish
This mod does sound interesting even though I use quite a few no autonomy mods. I also don't like the ask for loan feature and use a mod to disable this. Having said that, I agree about the conversation part. The ability to gain info and build relationships autonomously sounds appealing. I don't like the autonomous jogging feature, you invite sims over to interact with them not have them just getting up and going jogging whenever they feel like it. I will however give this a try. Might even try your other mods too, I'm trying to be a matchmaker and invite sims over to get them chatting but I can't tell if it's working or not. Autonomous romantic interactions may well show me. :-)

if there is a mod that disables the ask for loan option, that may not work with that interaction with mine. Depending if they use the exact same XML. The rest of the mod should be fine but I can't guarantee the ask for loan is going to be right. If I get more not wanting the loan interaction, it can be removed.
Theorist
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th May 2017 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stuzy44
I have also had the travel problem it's not so bad but when your sim is waiting for his meal to arrive and he gets asked 5 times to travel it gets a bit much.

He's a popular sim! New update removed that option so it shouldn't happen anymore.
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th May 2017 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
On the festival, well since it adds a romantic aura then the mod must be doing what its designed to do lol Since thats how the sims feel then glad to hear they are responding to their feelings for once Most of the romance is set to a lower chance if they are just aquaintances but it can be overrided if other factors are higher. If it sounds like it needs to be adjusted let me know and I can do that.

They weren't flirting with strangers. I had a big group of 8 Sims and their partners at the festival. Everyone was friends with each other and then they started to flirt with their best friends wives/husbands. It was hilarious. Don't you dare to change a thing! :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 16th May 2017 at 5:18 PM
I logged in just to thank you for this mod, I freaking adore it! Thank you for making my game a lot better! You're the best!
Test Subject
#30 Old 16th May 2017 at 5:21 PM
Quote:
if there is a mod that disables the ask for loan option, that may not work with that interaction with mine. Depending if they use the exact same XML. The rest of the mod should be fine but I can't guarantee the ask for loan is going to be right. If I get more not wanting the loan interaction, it can be removed.

It's Shimrod101's 'Ask For Loan' Hidden From Pie Menu (1.19) mod and it uses the files:

mixer_social_AskForLargeLoan_targeted_friendly_alwaysOn_E882D22F_00000000_00000000000070F1.xml
mixer_social_AskForSmallLoan_targeted_friendly_alwaysOn_E882D22F_00000000_00000000000070F2.xml
Theorist
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th May 2017 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KevBoothEnglish
It's Shimrod101's 'Ask For Loan' Hidden From Pie Menu (1.19) mod and it uses the files:

mixer_social_AskForLargeLoan_targeted_friendly_alwaysOn_E882D22F_00000000_00000000000070F1.xml
mixer_social_AskForSmallLoan_targeted_friendly_alwaysOn_E882D22F_00000000_00000000000070F2.xml

Yea one of those files is the same. I read somewhere that the game should load mods in the order they are listed in your folder. I don't know the title of shimrods file but rename it if you have to so it comes after mine in your folder. If it does then hopefully it will hide that interaction for you. If it is hidden in your pie menu then it will be for all other sims as well
Theorist
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th May 2017 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinzeDrop
They weren't flirting with strangers. I had a big group of 8 Sims and their partners at the festival. Everyone was friends with each other and then they started to flirt with their best friends wives/husbands. It was hilarious. Don't you dare to change a thing! :P

Ok no problem glad to hear it seems to be working as planned. Now if you have my autonomous proposal and breakups mod you might see them split up or get divorced also lol. Let me know if you see any mean interactions happen. I wasnt sure how to set those ones to run with proper timing.
Test Subject
#33 Old 16th May 2017 at 8:26 PM
He's a popular sim! New update removed that option so it shouldn't happen anymore.

your right he is popular.lots of friends.i use the population thingy in command centre so i get lots of people in my places at once.Oh and thanks for the mod..great work
Test Subject
#34 Old 16th May 2017 at 10:39 PM Last edited by kevinnclay : 16th May 2017 at 10:52 PM.
I would like "Get to Know" added as an anonymous friendly interaction. "Flirt" and "Whisper Seductively" added as anonymous romantic interactions.

I believe you have the wrong idea about "Ask Due Date". It is meant to be used by Mischief sims as a jest. You can ask sims this when they aren't pregnant as a Mischief interaction. It really should be removed from the friendly category and moved to Mischief or Mean.

One thing that really annoys me about my romantic sims is that they want to kiss each other all the time when the other partner is two floors away and on the other side of the lot. I don't know if you can lower their drive to do this constantly as it seems to be high priority.

Thank you for your hard work on this mod!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#35 Old 16th May 2017 at 11:28 PM
I tried it and while being at my gynecologist activity few patients tried take him on date and two proposed lol my sim cannot get rid of horny women your mods rocks but... who wouldn't want gynecologist as husband, right? :P
Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th May 2017 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kevinnclay
I would like "Get to Know" added as an anonymous friendly interaction. "Flirt" and "Whisper Seductively" added as anonymous romantic interactions.

I believe you have the wrong idea about "Ask Due Date". It is meant to be used by Mischief sims as a jest. You can ask sims this when they aren't pregnant as a Mischief interaction. It really should be removed from the friendly category and moved to Mischief or Mean.

One thing that really annoys me about my romantic sims is that they want to kiss each other all the time when the other partner is two floors away and on the other side of the lot. I don't know if you can lower their drive to do this constantly as it seems to be high priority.

Thank you for your hard work on this mod!

Thank you for the suggestions I have seen ask due date under mischief but I've also seen it under friendly to ask a pregnant sim. I will double check, normally there are more than one code if it's for a different pie menu.

O can check the setting for kissing. One thing I have noticed even before this mod, my toddler would exit the apartment go across the festival just to talk to someone they knew. I may not be able to stop them from kissing others if they want a sim that's considered on the same lot as yours.
Theorist
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th May 2017 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
I tried it and while being at my gynecologist activity few patients tried take him on date and two proposed lol my sim cannot get rid of horny women your mods rocks but... who wouldn't want gynecologist as husband, right? :P

A handsome doctor is hard to resist lol. However, the newest update has that interaction removed.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 17th May 2017 at 3:20 AM
PolarBearSims: Thank you for share this is great, after of play for while i had some small request. Do you can please make one flavor or post some tutorial to remove the autonomous fiirt greeting ????? before i post this i see my active sim with him date dinnig in restaurant and then see him firt greeting other males even when him had 100% female preference. I remember before use this mod see sims doing firt greetings but repecting the sexsual prefernce, now with you mod seem like the sims ignore the sexsual preference. Thank you
Theorist
Original Poster
#39 Old 17th May 2017 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edespino
PolarBearSims: Thank you for share this is great, after of play for while i had some small request. Do you can please make one flavor or post some tutorial to remove the autonomous fiirt greeting ????? before i post this i see my active sim with him date dinnig in restaurant and then see him firt greeting other males even when him had 100% female preference. I remember before use this mod see sims doing firt greetings but repecting the sexsual prefernce, now with you mod seem like the sims ignore the sexsual preference. Thank you

I can look and see what the flirty greeting settings are. A lot of vanilla game interactions have not so good settings and need tweaked. I will put it on my list of requests

On your other question, I will look and see if there is anything with sexual preference. No guarantees I will find anything in the codes. I feel like I've seen something but I can't say for sure.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 17th May 2017 at 4:10 AM
I can look and see what the flirty greeting settings are. A lot of vanilla game interactions have not so good settings and need tweaked. I will put it on my list of requests

On your other question, I will look and see if there is anything with sexual preference. No guarantees I will find anything in the codes. I feel like I've seen something but I can't say for sure.

Thank you for the answer. All i wish is if you can rolllback the firty greeting to vainilla state because like say before i dont remember before use your mod same sex sims making firty greeting. The only case i remember see same sex autonomous firting in vainilla is with firt rule from clubs which seem ignore the sexual preference.
Theorist
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th May 2017 at 4:34 AM
Thank you for the answer. All i wish is if you can rolllback the firty greeting to vainilla state because like say before i dont remember before use your mod same sex sims making firty greeting. The only case i remember see same sex autonomous firting in vainilla is with firt rule from clubs which seem ignore the sexual preference.

Flirty greeting isn't in this mod so what ever it's doing is the vanilla game.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 17th May 2017 at 5:14 AM
Flirty greeting isn't in this mod so what ever it's doing is the vanilla game.

Well thank you then must be other mod because ii dont remember see it before. In fact i start the game again and my active sim can date 3 males and him giirlfriend. Anyway meanwhile i found the cause i download this mod No Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions by egureh http://modthesims.info/d/537857 which stop completly the firty greet.
Instructor
#43 Old 17th May 2017 at 5:25 AM
A handsome doctor is hard to resist lol. However, the newest update has that interaction removed.
oh I managed download better version then I like it it's not problem I can always decide not to go so thx a lot
Theorist
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th May 2017 at 5:38 AM
Well thank you then must be other mod because ii dont remember see it before. In fact i start the game again and my active sim can date 3 males and him giirlfriend. Anyway meanwhile i found the cause i download this mod No Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions by egureh http://modthesims.info/d/537857 which stop completly the firty greet.

No problem I went ahead and looked at it anyway. No wonder it happens when it isn't supposed to lol moods have no affect on it lol, conversations mean nothing lol and it's set autonomously if others want this added with changes made I can thank you for mentioning it. Never thought of introductions.
Test Subject
#45 Old 17th May 2017 at 5:48 AM
Update: Removed the interaction Ask on Date

Thank you ^_^
Instructor
THANKS POST
#46 Old 17th May 2017 at 9:09 AM
This looks very interesting! I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 17th May 2017 at 5:33 PM
Thanks for your hard work.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 17th May 2017 at 6:17 PM
Hello! I use the more traits mod that gives every 25 traits. Will this cause any bad issues? Love the idea for this mod and want to install it! was so sick of them just chatting.. for hours.
Theorist
Original Poster
#49 Old 17th May 2017 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by winterwi
Hello! I use the more traits mod that gives every 25 traits. Will this cause any bad issues? Love the idea for this mod and want to install it! was so sick of them just chatting.. for hours.

It shouldn't since those traits aren't in the interaction themselves. A lot more than the listed interactions will happen bc the game does have a few autonomous. Just ones listed are ones I changed. Also since they aren't "chatting" anymore I've noticed they actually want to woohoo. Never happened before this mod lol.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 17th May 2017 at 7:16 PM
Another solid mod, thanks for this! I'll try it out today
Have you looked into the cradle-to-grave mod? It was started by Zerbu a couple years back, but he's long since abandoned it. It basically tweaks the needs decay based on age (teens have faster decay on hunger/energy, young adults have slower energy decay, elders have high energy decay, to name a few), and adds mood swings along with a couple other things. Teens (and I think pregnant Sims?) would randomly get angry/tense/sad/playful/flirty moodlets. It would add a lot of diversity to the game if you added a mod like this, and would tie in well with this mod. Unfortunately it seems the big mods tend to get abandoned.
Page 2 of 49