Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:32 AM
(Just to get back on track with the theme)

... When you're making tutorials, not just reading them.
... When somewhere around 90% of the content in your current game goes under the category "newly created CC for testing"
... When SimPE, Photoshop, 3D programs and other creation tools sees more use than your actual game.
... When most of your game sessions consist of testing new CC, taking pictures of new CC, or restarting your game after another session in SimPE because the new CC crashed your game on the first try.
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#27 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 3:51 AM
I can do slots, but had a duh moment, of course you would backtrack. on removing. "bangs head" and I am ok with adding deco, I can change routing ones, I just am not good at adding routing ones.

now to back on track...

I know I am working on it too much when all my dreams are what I should make, mesh, or mod :P
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#28 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
... When somewhere around 90% of the content in your current game goes under the category "newly created CC for testing"

In my case, it's when the CC in my Downloads folder is all made by me* and all the regular CC is in a folder elsewhere called 'temp storage'. Game loads much faster.

There's also the '... the only neighbourhood you open up is the one called Testing'

*except for the Not to be Removed folder.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#29 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:56 PM
when you haven't played in so long, that you forget what you have in your main folder and realize there are a dozen new mods you want in there you haven't had time to play. and when you start a new hood you are excited about, and then get a brilliant idea to make something, and you never go actually play... because before you do, you need this, this and this, and then days go by and you realize you have switched everything to your testing folder so you can get in and out quickly, and that you STILL haven't played.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
when you haven't played in so long, that you forget what you have in your main folder and realize there are a dozen new mods you want in there you haven't had time to play. and when you start a new hood you are excited about, and then get a brilliant idea to make something, and you never go actually play... because before you do, you need this, this and this, and then days go by and you realize you have switched everything to your testing folder so you can get in and out quickly, and that you STILL haven't played.

Ahahahah!!! THAT! Exactly...lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#31 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
In my case, it's when the CC in my Downloads folder is all made by me* and all the regular CC is in a folder elsewhere called 'temp storage'. Game loads much faster.

There's also the '... the only neighbourhood you open up is the one called Testing'

*except for the Not to be Removed folder.

Exactly!
My laptop game is almost exclusively for testing CC, and the occasional photoshoot with minimal CC.
(I've got a "testing" neighborhood on my laptop, too - haven't touched the others since 2016, by the looks of it... )
Instructor
#32 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:01 PM Last edited by d4RE : 19th Feb 2018 at 10:04 PM. Reason: i can't type worth beans

Yes - this one. Happened to me just last week, where I consciously went to an old neighborhood to "just play" and maybe make a lot with some of the new CC. Five minutes in, and I was exiting and firing up Blender because I had to have this and this and this before going back to play. About an hour later, realized what I was doing and shut all Sims related stuff down. Then I played Defense Grid for three days to "discipline" myself.

The other thing I do is grab receipts, napkins, or whatever to sketch a piece of furniture or architectural feature everyplace I go - restaurants, church, shopping...
just a girl
#33 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:08 PM
This is hilarious! I'm so having this diagnosis :D
Helptato
#34 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 2:52 AM
When you look at real houses in a estate agent's window and try to work out how to simmify them

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Forum Resident
#35 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sparklypotato
When you look at real houses in a estate agent's window and try to work out how to simmify them

basically what I do on Pinterest
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 3:14 PM
... I can change routing ones, I just am not good at adding routing ones.

And this is exactly what I need for a small bed I made, adding routine slot on the other side...
Someone knows of a routine slot tutorial maybe?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#37 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:03 AM
you know when you stay up to 3:30 in the morning just to "try one more time" when you are making something.
Theorist
#38 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:24 PM
When you can remember the names of the sims in your testing/creating game better than the ones in your main game.

Seriously, I have actually gotten so attached to some of my testing sims that I extracted them to add to my main game at some point.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#39 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:21 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Feb 2018 at 11:00 PM.
... When I know the reason my game crashes while testing new CC is that I have an object in my game with the wrong number written in a GMND reference, before I've even checked in SimPE. And when I also know which set (out of 3-4 different) the object belongs to, and that it's one of the slaved/repositoried objects.

...When I've nearly stopped categorizing deco objects into statues or deco/misc (unless there's no other logical category), because it's so much easier to find deco objects for rooms and situations when they're in logical categories. Bathroom items under bathroom/misc, food in appliances/misc, kids items under kids, party items under party, etc. Also, new sets are much easier to find if all the items have the same prize and logical naming. (besides, I don't bother much if they're useable or not, since I do mostly decorating and posing anyway).
Page 2 of 2