Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#201 Old 7th May 2016 at 6:27 PM
Here is my local Grocery store, now owned by Hwang Yeom after the death of his wife Destiny.

Advertisement
Scholar
#202 Old 8th May 2016 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Valentine90
Here is my local Grocery store, now owned by Hwang Yeom after the death of his wife Destiny.

That could make a very good court house.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Forum Resident
#203 Old 8th May 2016 at 12:40 PM Last edited by Mr_Valentine90 : 8th May 2016 at 6:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
That could make a very good court house.

Thanks, that's a good idea actually. I have a few other nearby shops and businesses in the same style. I'll take pictures next time I load up my game.

Just going to add them here.

First up is the Gym.

Next are the Financial Offices that employs quite a few of my fortune sims. The inside is a little bare as these businesses are just starting out and cost quite a bit to build.

Next is the restaurant owned by celebrity chef Donghae Yeom.

The Nightclub is next, it is unowned for the moment until I can find a suitable sim lined up to buy the place.

Last but not least is the town hall soon to be owned and furnished by the mayor. As it is now I have only built the shell as I am unsure what to put inside. I was thinking of having a public library on the lower floors.

Field Researcher
#204 Old 18th May 2016 at 11:32 PM Last edited by eduseo : 22nd Jan 2017 at 4:49 AM.
I have yet to decorate the inside, but this is the exterior of one of my sims pottery shop so far.

Forum Resident
#205 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 8:23 AM
So, I actually got the idea for this lot from joandsarah77. Her doctor lived and worked on the same lot. For my tiny town, I thought that would be a perfect idea! However, I did like the idea of having the buildings separate. So my doctor (Oliver S. Beaker) built his new clinic next door to his house. This way he can keep an eye on his long term patients suffering from mental illness. Patient C and Patient L claim that they've been kidnapped, but everyone in Sedona knows they're crazy.

I do have pictures of the house, but it's not the actual business!

Thanks joandsarah!

(My apologies, but I still don't have a photobucket account.)
Screenshots

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Field Researcher
#206 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 1:38 AM

An outside flower shop/stall with a little pond at the back for my gardening enthusiast. :D

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Mad Poster
#207 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 6:23 PM Last edited by gazania : 28th Jul 2016 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Because my initial entry was so wordy that even I was falling asleep!
I entered this lot in a community lot contest on Sim Pearls. While there are fine contests here, unfortunately, I do not have the time to do several buildings over a course of weeks, and one-off contests are more suited for me. And the people are nice at Sim Pearls, just like here! At least no one told me my lot totally stunk. (I could imagine entering this lot at MATY!)

If MTS ever does a one-off contest like this, I might be able to enter. But I know in any case, I'm still advanced-beginner. I still have so much to learn. Looking at lot contest entries on both sites and checking out the forums, I've learned even more tips this time. I remember my first lot pictures in a contest (MTS) around 2008 or so. The lots were terrible. I commend those who were diplomatic then. Maybe I'll get to intermediate one day.

I know I'm outgunned in these contests. On the Sim Pearls contest, for instance, most of the entrants are among the best lot-builders and picture-takers out there. My chance of even getting a bronze is slim-to-none. But I've learned so, so much from these people, and they inspire me. I thank them heartily.

Here is my slideshow and picture of The Bountiful Owl Cafe. My Sims adore this place, so I must have done something right. (Thank you for the owls, Rebecah. Thank you musthavecatz, riekus13, Michelle, Icad, Sunni, Veranka, Exnem, The Ninth Wave, Ohbehave, Raynuss, Buggybooz, Tiggy027 and so, so many other creators. I did make one owl picture myself, though. Don't be floored at my contribution, please. )

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/s.../slideshow/Cafe

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#208 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 2:52 AM
@AliaD85 cool, love that I gave you an idea for your game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#209 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 5:51 AM Last edited by eduseo : 22nd Jan 2017 at 4:52 AM.
A school is underway! It's taking a while to fund, but it's a start! (Currently a couple of residents live on the top floor temporarily hence the mail box and stuff, but they will move out and it will be converted into the rest of the school. Might as well use the empty space whilst it's there!)

Exterior:

First room:

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#210 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 9:25 PM
So, for the first time in a long time, I fired up Little Carping today. I went to see how they were getting on over at the prison but I also, since I finally finished my pub tile set, started to redecorate my pubs. Here are two:

The first is The Castle on the market place in Carping Magna, Little Carping's shopping district (it's meant to be the local market town to Little Carping's village)

The lot is a community lot and there are tills in that market so sims can shop there. I'm quite pleased with my walls.

Interior, looking across the bar:

And the little pub garden at the rear, backing onto the market:

The other one is strictly not a business or shop - or at least it is but is part of an apartment lot. The idea, when I eventually get it done, is to have Moghughson's NPC worker's apartment hack and have a couple of shop workers and a bar tender on lot working on the ground level while the apartments are in the upper stories:

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#211 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 1:12 PM
Here are a few of the residents of Hayle playing poker in The Carpenter's Arms, a pub owned by the local vampire.

Theorist
#212 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 2:27 PM Last edited by HCAC : 14th Sep 2016 at 2:49 PM.
Default Some Community lots in my new neighborhood-building in progress
Here are few from my neighborhood named Rejuvna.

This is a lot with a laundromat on one side (left) and a restaurant on the other. I'm still working on my buildings inside and and out but I like how these match each other.

A closer look at the laundromat...I like taking photos through a window or door. It's the filmmaker in me!

A few rooms from the local library named---Humble Library (thanks for the free computers, weirdo).

The children's section

That part of the library the older folks sit in and read the newspaper or pretend to while watching everyone else.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Theorist
#213 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 2:09 PM
Default Some more of my neighborhood lots
This is Cinderella's Bakery. I named it in honor of the bakery back in my RL hometown.

Cakes, pies, breads, coffee? That's my kind of place. The dude working there seems bored, though.

A few more shots of my laundromat:

Even though you are NOT supposed to smoke in the laundromat, there always is someone in there or outside the door puffing away (ugh). Why shouldn't your clean laundry have that just disgusting tobacco smell? Buy your cigarettes at the laundrette! (Can you tell I have been to the laundromat too many times in my life?)

Laundromats have terrible chairs and hard benches, old magazines and kids running around screaming. If they have a tv on, it's probably tuned to Judge Judy or whatever passes for realty tv at 4 in the afternoon.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#214 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 3:55 PM
@Maxon, how exactly do you play out your market lot? The last time I built one of these it was hard to manage the finance side being that there can only be one technical owner (if it's a business lot) and juggling the employee' salaries (i.e. the stall owners) with what they actually have to sell from their inventory.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#215 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 9:05 PM
It's just a community lot - not an owned one. There are, I think, two working tills on the lot plus a bartender of course.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
#216 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:07 PM
The front and the first floor of an Antique Shop in the burtonesque/dark-but-cartoony neighborhood I'm building.

Field Researcher
#217 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 7:33 AM
I wanted a colourful night club sort of thing that I could run and still sort of fit the wooden theme I have for this 'hood in particular (though it's still a work in progress.)

Downstairs:

Upstairs:

Test Subject
#218 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 7:05 PM
Art deco restaurant.

Link Ninja
#219 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:24 PM
I thought I should have some more shops in my shopping subhood, and since it's more of a beach-y tourist trap I figure I need to sell surf boards (I have the surf mod by MSD right now the only way for sims to get a surf board are if I manually put them into their inventory)

So here is my 'surf shack' so far. I'll throw a copy into my bin in case there's any interest for an upload since it hasn't been used yet but I hope to have one of my sims take ownership and sell surf boards to the rest of the sims in my hood so they can have surfing outings. There's also some clothing racks because hey, a sim might want to get a new swimsuit or appropriate beach attire before they head out to surf.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#220 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:39 PM
Very stylish - I've been promising myself to make one of those for a while. Ever since I got the mod. Love that wallpaper.

Link Ninja
#221 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:54 PM
Thanks @maxon - I love the mod, it adds an extra oomph to beach activity that was missing from the vanilla. Here is that wall paper set you liked.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#222 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:39 PM Last edited by leah10006 : 1st Feb 2018 at 3:15 PM.
Town Square Cute Coffee Shop :lovestruc x
Original Town Square by ruthless_kk

************ Leah****************
See my Blog https://lolasimsposts.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 3:14 PM
Bridal store xx :lovestruc
Original Town Square by ruthless_kk

Lab Assistant
#224 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 5:34 PM
Baby Store in the Town Square :lovestruc

Scholar
#225 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:38 AM
I recently updated my favorite bowling alley lot I've been using in my town for YEARS. I think I built this around 2012 and it holds up so well layout-wise. This lot is constantly visited but I noticed it was a bit bland. Now it looks spanky new! I mainly changed up the walls, floors, added some deco and a few objects. Here are pictures of before and after (of 6 years!)

Screenshots
Page 9 of 12