Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 6:51 PM
Default Default replacement thumbnails
I asked this some days ago in the Stupid/Random Questions thread, but I didn't get an answer, so I thought I'd create its own thread. Is there a way to make the thumbnails of defaulted clothes match the default instead of showing the thumbnail of the Maxis item?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 7:15 PM
I'm sure I answered this question recently, though it may not have been when you asked it. You can delete the CASThumbnails file from your Thumbnails folder. Or, if you have the testingcheats active, you can click (right click, I think?) to update an individual thumbnail.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 7:21 PM
I did answer this, on the stupid questions thread. But yeah, things tend to get buried quickly and replies are easy to miss. I had to go back half-a-dozen pages to find my answer, just to make sure I wasn't imagining having answered, so I'll quote myself:

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Yes, hold down the CTRL key (or whatever the equivalent is on a Mac) and RIGHT-click on the thumbnail you want to change. This will update it so that it will show your replacement, not the Maxis outfit.

OR, you can do what what Peni said and delete the thumbnails, but that's kind of a pain if you have a lot of CC. Because as you're going through the catalogs, your game has to regenerate all the thumbnails for the objects PLUS all their recolors. If you have a lot of that stuff...Yeah, it's a pain and depending on what and how much you've got, it can take forever to find what you want. If you just need to update a few thumbnails, it's much better to do the CTRL+ right-click thing. I don't THINK you have to testingcheats on to do it...but I could be wrong since that's always on in my game. (I want to know whenever my game errors and why, personally.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#4 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 9:59 PM
another way to refresh thumbnails would be that button in Body Shop Mechanic program. downloadable through Downloads section of this site.
I take it deletes a certain file.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 2:35 PM Last edited by Yvelotic2001 : 1st Aug 2018 at 3:25 PM.
I thought I'd read somewhere that deleting the thumbnails folder would update the thumbnails, so I did it some days ago, but nothing happened. I'm gonna try again today and see if it changes, otherwise I'll try the right-click method.

EDIT: I deleted the thumbnails and it worked, thanks

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!