Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 4:44 PM
Default Bringing back dead/deleted sims?
Hi! Is there a way to bring back dead and/or deleted sims? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 8:08 PM
Yes. First you have to find the right charactor file of the dead Sim (each dead Sim has 2) and re-import into the game. I know it sounds hard, but with Sim Surgery, it is fairly easy.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 8:26 PM
Or you can yype in boolrop testingcheatsenabled true
in the cheat box and then hold down shift and click on the news paper click career awars then Paronamoal or whatever then go under th treasure thing by like mood relationship Personality yeah and go under career award and yo will find a telephine and call buy it call him and put a high bid number to get hom back./\
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 8:53 PM
Mod_bv, how do I find the right character file of the dead sim and re-import them to the game?

Ateammaterial, there's no Paranormal career in The Sims 2. Or is it in the expansion pack?
Inventor
#5 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 8:55 PM
Look at the SimPE GUide by Carrigon. I assume you have it, because I don't know where I have it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 10:05 PM
Sorry, don't have it. Maybe someone else on this forum has it or knows where it is and could provide a link?

Thanks in advance.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 10:13 PM
If you have University, the Paranormal career is available. Yes, as Ateammaterial said, you can use the boolprop cheat, shift-click on the newspaper, and get the Resurrect-O-Nomitron from the Career Rewards part of the newspaper. I think you can only resurrect Sims that have died while you played the game, i.e., I do not think you can resurrect Skip Broke since he was already dead when you first played the game.... Try it anyway, maybe it will work for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 3:13 PM
Sorry BringMeSugar, I don't have University expansion pack.

But even if I did, I couldn't bring back deleted sims and what about sims that are the current sims great-great-great grandparents for example, could I bring them back from dead if I had University?

Thanks for the info guys.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shemeika
Sorry BringMeSugar, I don't have University expansion pack.

But even if I did, I couldn't bring back deleted sims and what about sims that are the current sims great-great-great grandparents for example, could I bring them back from dead if I had University?

Thanks for the info guys.

I've never been able to bring back deleted Sims, but maybe there is some way. Anyway, I'm too stupid to figure it out.

I have brought back many dead Sims, including the Crumplebottom family (Prudence and Agnes), the elder Goths, Michael Bachelor, Bella Goth (twice, because she died after the first time I did it),and Darleen Dreamer. I used Sim PE and Simlogical's teleporter bush each time. It was kind of tricky to get some of them back, the easiest were the elder Goths. I don't have University, if that matters.

Wish I could bring back deleted Sims. There are many I've lost when I had to reinstall the game 3 times before I found Clean Installer.

If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.
Jack Handey-Deep Thoughts
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 5:29 AM
Do you mean deleted sims that you've deleted with the move objects cheat? Can't you bring them back by using the InSimenator's "restore family"?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 5:49 AM
You can't have deleted their tombstone. If you did, then they're gone for good.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
Do you mean deleted sims that you've deleted with the move objects cheat? Can't you bring them back by using the InSimenator's "restore family"?

I mean the Sims that I have moved to the family bin and then deleted, or the SIms that have been lost through reinstalling the game. I see them in Sim PE, but they are greyed out, and I don't know how to get them back. I don't think there is a way to do it once they are gone. If there is, I wish I knew how.

If you accidentally delete a Sim during gameplay, you can simply save, leave the lot, and when you come back they will be there. I did that just yesterday when I accidentally deleted Nina Caliente.

If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#13 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 1:32 PM
Sims that have been deleted from the fambly bin or had their tombstones deleted are permanently gone. Their character data is entirely destroyed and they cannot be recovered by any means short of a backup or manual recreation.

Sims which are simply deleted by move_objects or otherwise de-instanced are fine, and if they live on the lot you're playing, will respawn by the mailbox if you save & reload the lot.

Sims which are *DEAD*, but have intact tombstones, can be resurrected from the dead by removing their Death Token in SimPE's memory editor, then unchecking all their ghost bits and adding them to an existing family. If you have the expansion pack, the Resurrectonomicon can do this normally, in-game, without hacking.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 8:01 PM
But is there a way to extract the dead\deleted sims that don't have a tombstone to bodyshop?

J. M. Pescado, if their character data is entirely destroyed why do they still show up in SimPE?
Inventor
#15 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:05 AM
Shemeika, once you delete the Sim from the family bin or their urn, you basically just deleted the Sim files for that Sim.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:31 AM
I have a hacked mailbox I got from here. I clicked on option ( make me know everyone )
and behold they know every sim I ever deleted.
However it does not make the sim come back to the neighborhood which sucks.LOL
Instructor
#17 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 9:52 AM
But is there a way to extract the dead\deleted sims that don't have a tombstone to bodyshop?

J. M. Pescado, if their character data is entirely destroyed why do they still show up in SimPE?

Hello Shemeika,

As stated above, when a sim is deleted from the family bin or the tombstone assigned to a dead sim is deleted, all of the resources associated with the sim are unlinked and destroyed. The only exceptions to this unlinking are the catalog description and thumbnail assigned to the sim for the purpose of family tree (hence they still show up in SimPE as well as family tree).

Download the InSIMenator at InSIMenator.net
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 1:05 AM
Thanks for the info Eric etc. I guess you have to build your own graveyard so the sims aren't lost forever. Is there a way to build a graveyard on the community lots?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Sims which are simply deleted by move_objects or otherwise de-instanced are fine, and if they live on the lot you're playing, will respawn by the mailbox if you save & reload the lot.

I once accidently deleted a sim from a lot I was playing, and before I exited the lot I saved and when I came back to the house the sim was still missing. He was still in the family tree and not grayed out but he was not in the lot. I also saw him on the community lot after that. Is there a way to get this sim back to his house?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 12:22 PM
I once accidently deleted a sim from a lot I was playing, and before I exited the lot I saved and when I came back to the house the sim was still missing. He was still in the family tree and not grayed out but he was not in the lot. I also saw him on the community lot after that. Is there a way to get this sim back to his house?

Have you tried using the Insimenator UV, or the teleporter painting or bush?

Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 12:32 PM
The closest I have ever came to resurrecting a deleted sim was by creating an exact duplicate in CAS. I dont think theres a way to export the sim back to the game. I did this with Hero Monty, I went into Sims PE and recreated her life/memories, and then fixed her family ties. She looks exactly the same, except some of her clothes are from thing I downloaded. I always give her a brother though, but thats just me.
Inventor
#22 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 1:52 PM
You can, however, extract a deleted Sim's thumbnail and use it as a guideline for recreating that Sim.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 3:00 AM
Jicour, I have the Insimenator but how do you get the sim back?

Mod_bv, how do you extract deleted sim's thumbnail?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 3:50 AM
I accidentally deleted a tombstone once, but still managed to get the sim back (I don't have SimPE) using the parinormal phone thing, I had that assignable tombstone thing (I don't remember who created it) and it worked just fine.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 1:23 PM
Jicour, I have the Insimenator but how do you get the sim back?

Mod_bv, how do you extract deleted sim's thumbnail?

If you have Sim PE, there is a tutorial

http://www.sims2techguide.net/article.php?p=32

I used this to get Bella Goth, and then I used it to get other dead Sims back. You can do the same, Bairy is very clear in this tutorial and very easy to follow. I'm not good at technical things like that, but I was able to do it with those instructions. Just remember, when you follow the tutorial, and when you go into Sim PE neighborhood memory, if you want to bring a dead Sim back, you have to look at the memory for each of that Sim's family members, and sometimes friends, and remove any reference to the Sim's death or to his ghost.If you don't have Sim PE, get it. It's really great.

Page 1 of 2