Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Which pollination technicians would you like to see?
Original Pollination Technician
17 12.88%
PT #9 Smith and/or other maxis-style aliens
13 9.85%
Green-skinned, black-eyed, but humanish features
65 49.24%
Vulcans/Romulans
31 23.48%
Drow/dark/other elves
40 30.30%
Robots and androids
26 19.70%
Other colors of aliens (please suggest skins)
32 24.24%
Cat people and other anthropomorphs
34 25.76%
Celebrities
24 18.18%
Other (please state)
5 3.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 1:14 AM
Default Poll: What kinds of pollination technicians do you want to see?
Earlier I posted my hack that allows you to have multiple pollination technicians. I also posted a thread where people can request pollination technicians for the next version of the hack, and upload them. I didn't get very many specific requests, but there seemed to be a fair amount of interest.

At some point in the near future I'm going to issue a new release of the hack that includes more Pollination Technicians. Please vote for all those you'd like to see most.

Note: Any suggestions with custom content are contingient on that content being redistributable. I've gotten permission from Bink13y to redistribute his aliens and robots, and sugarandcaffiene gave permission to redistribute her eyes, but I have yet to be able to get a hold of any of the original creators of any of the good cat skins I've found. If you know of any nice ones that are OK to distribute, please let me know.

Note to moderators: Sorry about the deleted duplicates. The poll kept getting screwed up because of the 5 minute timeout.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 3:35 AM
I would love to see a rainbow of aliens, with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, or violet skin; but not the no nose version of the maxi aliens. Also would love Vulcan, Romulan, Klingon, Andorian, and a variety of elves. Actually, anything would be a welcome relief from the green no nose version. But I have no skills, just wishes...
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 3:54 AM
I would like to see all sorts of colored aliens, like purple and blue and green and orange. Any and all would be nice.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 4:24 AM
I personally like my aliens with black hair, black eyes and the defult maxis green skin.

I would like a group of "prettier" polli techs, but still with somewhat alien features (I'd like to keep the big eyes.... but softer features, and the smushed nose has got to go)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 5:39 PM
Green skinned but humanish is the most popular by far, so far. Do people generally want almost completely human features, or something more like what SugarandSpikes describes? E.g. big eyes, etc. but not the completely smashed face.
Banned
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 5:45 PM
heh, celebrities is a funny idea. Thats something I'd expect Maxis to do. Your alien baby looks a bit like George Bush? Of course, hes the pollinaton tech.

Anyway, I said green with human features, and agree with sugarandspikes.
Inventor
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 5:45 PM
I go for more like what SugarandSpikes describes.
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 5:52 PM
I agree with sugarandspikes, but I also would like to see some pointy ears, possibly. I LOVE elves so maybe an alien elf of some sort? I also think that colored alien skins would be cool, like blue or red.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 5:56 PM
i would like more colours for my aliens. particularly blue.
i would also like them to have more human features, especially the nose is bothering me. but i absolutely want them to have pointy ears.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 5:58 PM
I second what eldamorwen said =D

And I also agree with what gesine said, I would like different colored ones as well.
Not bright colors, but softer, darker colors.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 12:39 AM
I've posted a few snapshots of some I'm working on in my request thread. Let me know if that's what you're looking for.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 3:11 AM
Your wish is my command. *PRANG* The first multi-PT expansion pack is now online.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 3:43 AM
I agree with the ugly flat nose but what I don't like even more is the skinny cheek bones, the skinny narrow faces to me makes them look very ugly. I usually make my own with skins and eyes I found out here. I have had a few beautiful green people, not often.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fwiffo
Your wish is my command. *PRANG* The first multi-PT expansion pack is now online.

Oh I just saw that. You did a good job! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 4:22 PM
MEOW! cat skins! cat and other mutants-skins! why not try X-men skins?? Wolverine, Mystique, ..
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 4:35 PM
diffrent colors would be nice like purple, orange, red, .....brown?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 5:20 PM Last edited by moonluck9 : 15th Jul 2005 at 5:23 PM.
I like green skined normsl feature aliens and I would like to some other colors to. Not to bright of colors but colors like orange, blue, purple, red and teal. I would like to see slightly bigger eyed aliens not as big as the first expantion and no pointy ears.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:52 PM Last edited by pixie : 28th Jul 2005 at 7:56 PM.
Earlier on your multiple pollination technicians thread someone had an idea of abduction by fae folk instead of aliens... OOhhh, I would love that to happen to my sims as they (and I, obviously) are more into the Medieval, Lord of The Rings, magical...(whatever, you got it) sort of things.

The idea of aliens doesn't quite fit in my sim world, and I would be more happy to have pollination techs that are more like mythical beings... like elves, faeries, werewolfs... something like that. It would be fascinating to have sims that are half-blood elves or something, because their parents were abducted by them.

Of course, in that case using telescope might be somewhat strange I'm waiting for someone to make a hacked magic tree or something more appropriate to replace it
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 2:16 AM
I think a big variety of anthropomorphs and colored (with realistic skins, but strange colors) aliens would do fine. So we would never know what kind of bizarre creature is hiding on that belly. >:D

[masked delusion]
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 3:09 AM
I personally would like them to look more human, so that when you see the Sim, it takes a sec to realize they are an alien. So, basically, a more human looking skin tone, with more human looking features.
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 8:45 PM
I don't know if this is still open for suggestions or if it's a done deal, but I'll add my input anyway.

Personally, I'd like to see aliens with cool, blue-silver skin (not Maxis texture), vibrant dark blue eyes (dark blue irises, normal whites and pupils) and human-ish features. In terms of facial features, I'd like to see fuller lips and wider eyes, with a nose flatter than a normal human's, but not pushed-in like the default Pollination Tech, and maybe a smoother, narrower jaw line.

Well, that's my two cents.

It always makes me wonder when someone nearly rips my hair out with carpenter tape and then laughs their little head off as I yelp in pain.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 9:20 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Death as a technician.
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 7:09 AM
I'd like to see some of the aliens in the pack being the standard humanoid with black eyes (without runowever face) with standard, good genes like your last pack however with varying skin colours and some anthropomorphic sims to simulate different races of aliens that your sim could have offspring with.

If your still looking for a creator with furry skins, you could try http://genensims.com/. I'm not sure what their policy is because I couldn't find it stated anywhere other than just "give credit if you repost or redistribute" so you'll probably want to contact them before hand to make sure. They have nice ones, though personally I don't much like the tiger marking on the face of their tiger skin; too busy for me.

It would be really cool if you could get Enayla to let you use her skins for the project as hers are very detailed and, well, simply gorgeous. It would also be really cool if you made a tutorial of how to make custom, multiple aliens? ^_^ If you haven't already that is.

HarpersE
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pixie
Earlier on your multiple pollination technicians thread someone had an idea of abduction by fae folk instead of aliens... OOhhh, I would love that to happen to my sims as they (and I, obviously) are more into the Medieval, Lord of The Rings, magical...(whatever, you got it) sort of things.

The idea of aliens doesn't quite fit in my sim world, and I would be more happy to have pollination techs that are more like mythical beings... like elves, faeries, werewolfs... something like that. It would be fascinating to have sims that are half-blood elves or something, because their parents were abducted by them.

Of course, in that case using telescope might be somewhat strange I'm waiting for someone to make a hacked magic tree or something more appropriate to replace it

Oh, I definitely love that idea. If you ever find that magic tree tell me! Maybe you could make 2 alien expansions, one with Fae and the other with standard aliens? In the Fae I'd like to see dryads, satyrs, nymphs, vampires, faeries, and things like that. Maybe merfolk ^,^

HarpersE
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:11 AM
I'd like to see some with Enayla's fantasy skins. Even more than four would be nice... I'd like to keep the original PT as one, though.
Page 1 of 2