Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 8:22 PM
Default Tips and tricks for completing LTW
Share your techniques how to complete certain/any lifetime wishes a quick and easy way? I'm particularly interested for WA ones, as I have almost full household of Sims of all those wishes.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 8:50 PM
You can get around quickly with the jetpack from ITF for adventures. No more running for hours through pathways to get to the next part in the adventure, :} just fly there.
Site Helper
#3 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 12:10 AM
With just WA, you can learn martial arts and then meditate long enough to learn zeneport. This lets you teleport to any spot on the map that you can see. If you do it often enough you only need to meditate a short while in order to teleport.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 8:17 PM
The best advice I can give is to point out that if the household is working together, you can coordinate getting your wishes done. That means you can have your Seasoned Traveler take the job off the board (so they get the visa points at the end) but have your Great Explorer go through the dungeon first to take out the traps and get to the final room. For quests that call for you to get a specific item out of the dungeon (which is a lot of them) that item will only spawn for the person who took the quest so have the Seasoned Traveler open the glowing chest with the needed item in it. Either while on the trip or back at home, any non-quest artifacts can be given to a person working on Private Museum (they don't need to be the ones who collected or bought the artifacts) and nectar can be handed to the person working on Bottomless Cellar (because the nectar doesn't need to be made or bought by that sim).

One big note: only the first person that walks in the room flagged as the room that completes the dungeon (which might not be the last room) will get credit for completing the tomb and tombs can only be cleared once. So if you have two explorers, only the first one that enters that room gets credit for completing the dungeon. Likewise, only the person that took the quest will get the visa points from completing it. Artifacts (and nectar) belong to the household however which means they count for everyone working on the museum/cellar. For the museum, artifacts can be placed anywhere on the lot but only nectar stored in a rack that's in a basement counts for the cellar.

If you use Nraas's Traveler (which I recommend), you can bring the whole family along (just remember to edit the base camp to have a crib if you take toddlers). Kids can't open chests, push statues, etc. but they can fish or collect insects needed for quests taken by other people. Teens can interact with dungeon items- and fight mummies- so technically you could have the parents working on their tans at the park while the kids are off exploring potentially lethal tombs.

A random thing to make dungeons easier: being a ghost in tombs doesn't let you float through walls but using the ghost potion from the Generations chemistry will. You can use it to skip all of the Pangu's Axe dungeon by drinking it at the stairs when you can see the ax and walking over the abyss. The potions will also come in handy because some of the dungeons were built with hallways too narrow for your sim to walk through.

And finally it seems (at least to me) that studying martial arts from the skill books while sitting in a library will raise your skill faster than practicing with the training dummy. Yes you can have a bookworm that has never been in the same room as a training dummy with a level 10 martial arts. Since getting the final part of the Dragon's Cave quests in China will require you to have martial arts 10, the above Seasoned Traveler will need to max out their martial arts skill.
Site Helper
#5 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 12:46 AM
Another thread reminded me of something I tend to do: Keep at least 6 uncut gems and unrefined ingots of each type you find. Also keep at least 10 of the various crops that are at least Good quality, at least 5 of the random relics from each world (broken dishes, etc...) and at least 5 of each kind of fish and insect in it. When you leave for vacation, take this collection with you. Then you don't need to worry as much about having to find something that isn't spawning. (And if it is spawning, you can collect extras.)
If you are doing quests in the vacation worlds, you will end up with quite a lot of ones where you are asked to bring something that is found in another world, and it's helpful to already have it with you.

Oh, and the one that involves winning martial arts tournaments: Call for the opponent. Then go to the map view and watch for your opponent. When the opponent gets to the lot, IMMEDIATELY click the opponent and challenge them. They won't tell you that they have arrived, and if you don't immediately challenge them you may have them leaving to go do whatever had been next in their queue. Then you have to call them again.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
The best advice I can give is to point out that if the household is working together, you can coordinate getting your wishes done. That means you can have your Seasoned Traveler take the job off the board (so they get the visa points at the end) but have your Great Explorer go through the dungeon first to take out the traps and get to the final room. For quests that call for you to get a specific item out of the dungeon (which is a lot of them) that item will only spawn for the person who took the quest so have the Seasoned Traveler open the glowing chest with the needed item in it. Either while on the trip or back at home, any non-quest artifacts can be given to a person working on Private Museum (they don't need to be the ones who collected or bought the artifacts) and nectar can be handed to the person working on Bottomless Cellar (because the nectar doesn't need to be made or bought by that sim).

One big note: only the first person that walks in the room flagged as the room that completes the dungeon (which might not be the last room) will get credit for completing the tomb and tombs can only be cleared once. So if you have two explorers, only the first one that enters that room gets credit for completing the dungeon. Likewise, only the person that took the quest will get the visa points from completing it. Artifacts (and nectar) belong to the household however which means they count for everyone working on the museum/cellar. For the museum, artifacts can be placed anywhere on the lot but only nectar stored in a rack that's in a basement counts for the cellar.

If you use Nraas's Traveler (which I recommend), you can bring the whole family along (just remember to edit the base camp to have a crib if you take toddlers). Kids can't open chests, push statues, etc. but they can fish or collect insects needed for quests taken by other people. Teens can interact with dungeon items- and fight mummies- so technically you could have the parents working on their tans at the park while the kids are off exploring potentially lethal tombs.

A random thing to make dungeons easier: being a ghost in tombs doesn't let you float through walls but using the ghost potion from the Generations chemistry will. You can use it to skip all of the Pangu's Axe dungeon by drinking it at the stairs when you can see the ax and walking over the abyss. The potions will also come in handy because some of the dungeons were built with hallways too narrow for your sim to walk through.

And finally it seems (at least to me) that studying martial arts from the skill books while sitting in a library will raise your skill faster than practicing with the training dummy. Yes you can have a bookworm that has never been in the same room as a training dummy with a level 10 martial arts. Since getting the final part of the Dragon's Cave quests in China will require you to have martial arts 10, the above Seasoned Traveler will need to max out their martial arts skill.

Very helpful stuff. If I understood correctly, If I send two sims (one of a Seasoned Travel lifetime wish and other is Great Explorer) to work together on a tomb, I should always have Seasoned Travel take the adventure. Now the rest of the job in tombs can complete the Great Explorer, and it would be very practical If they're the ones walk in the last room, as that helps progress in finishing their ultimate goal. Now I suspect Seasoned Travel will only need to be handed over only important relics/items by the purpose of any adventure (from Great Explorer hand in this co-operative work), that their task is assigned by the adventure to be credit for his object. Is that correct? I'm novice to the whole tombb exploration system, so i had concern that If I send two sims to one same tomb simultaniously or per turn, only one will get credit and the tomb won't reset, leaving other unable to complete.

Also, i didn't know you could learn martial art by and only by reading a skill book. I could also use Sim with Martial Art Master lifetime wish to advantage by sending her to helpless Sims in tombs to fight off mummies when needed... or zenoport in inaccesible rooms to switch locks, attain keys or whatver. For now, I took a break from this household.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 7:45 PM
Sorry for double post, but how I complete Private Museum LTW alone? I had send a Sim alone without Dungeon Explorer and Seasoned Traveling, as they're recovering trip and thus could not fly with her. Tips and tricks what artificats she should collect and where from, that are considered valuable to the LTW?

Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 6:00 PM
Sorry, I had taken a brief break from the internet. One tip I can give is that the artifact collections in China tend to be lower value (the vases in the vases collection are occasionally worth less than the high end common relics). The relic collections of dangerous creatures (found in all three world) and golden figurines (in Egypt) are more valuable. The lifetime reward 'Learned Relic Hunter' (for 15,000 points) will increase how much all of the relics you find are worth so it is probably a good purchase if you have the points available.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 8:29 AM
Keep your Sims happy while in the tombs - buy lots of showers in a can, have edibles in their inventories, pop books in there as well. Get sleeping bags (assuming you have Generations?).

Now you can leave them in tombs as long as needed to compete the tomb. They can eat, sleep & shower when needed to keep their comfort up. (Note that their bladder won't decay in a tomb unless there is a toilet in the tomb. )

Have them phone other Sims to build relationships & stop social needs decay.

When they get the scared moodlet from being burnt etc, have them read (preferably a skill book) or phone someone.