Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 8:56 PM
Default How can I omit certain sims from Story Progression?
Okay, so I have been playing the game with the NRAAS Story Progression mod for quite some time now, and as much as I love it, I dont like when certain sims get divorced, move out of their house, get married, etc... For any of you that have played with The Sims 4 MC Command Center, you would know that there is a way to prevent story progression from effecting households that you have marked as played. I used this a lot when I would switch between families to play for a few days at a time. This is the kind of function that I am looking for with Story Progression for TS3. As you all know, The Sims 3 is a different world mechanic than The Sims 4, and there is no way to mark a household as "played". I have done some research into how I can do this, and have come across some forum posts here and on the terrible official sims forums discussing the utilization of castes and such, which is what I am assuming 99% of the responses are going to tell me to use. However I am having some issues with doing so. The first problem is that I dont get options under things like romance to disable divorce and things like that, I have also assigned castes to certain sims by going through caste>manual and choosing the custom one, but it doesnt seem to stop the sim from getting a spouse, for example, even though I have the options to disable romance and some other things, which I do disable, but I dont think it is working. Any insight would be helpful! I also dont know if this is supposed to be on the help forums or general discussion.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 9:00 PM
Maybe make an assigned cast for played sims, and add the cast to the household. Then you have a lot of options for controlling them and their behaviors. It wouldn't be automatic, but it would work and you can also mark households you intend to play.
Nah, looks like you tried that...

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Maybe make an assigned cast for played sims, and add the cast to the household. Then you have a lot of options for controlling them and their behaviors. It wouldn't be automatic, but it would work and you can also mark households you intend to play.

I do assign them manually, I wasn't looking for something automatic, just a way for me to tag a certain household with a caste to stop them from doing certain things, the problem is that the list of things like romance and moving out seems to be missing things. Not to mention, the castes sometimes dont even stop the household.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 9:24 PM
The caste system though is the way we usually recommend doing this and it works well for most of us. Are you perhaps missing any steps here or maybe have more than one caste of the same Priority level that is getting in the way? Could possibly another mod from a different source that SP is not designed to know about be pushing these things?
http://www.nraas.net/community/Stor...-Caste-Settings

The effects set by a caste will flow down to Sim Options, so if you see for example Romance: Disallow set to "(False)" with the parentheses, then the sim is inheriting the setting from a higher level such as Caste or Town. The game clock does have to run for at least a short while for the flowed down settings to show up correctly even though the effects should be immediate.

Some of the caste (sim, etc.) settings require SP add-ons as indicated on the mod's Interactions page that lists them all out. Romance: Allow Breakup for example requires the SP Relationship module.

If the caste options are just not going to work for you, then you could also manage each household individually with Household Options. That's more of a pain though and more prone to human error as you rotate through active households. But anyway, the hierarchy when things are working correctly goes
Town > Lot > Household > Caste > Sim

Options should flow from left to right, while individually set options on the right (explicit, with no parentheses) will trump those on the left and again, two different castes altering the same settings will yield random results unless one is a higher Priority caste than the other.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 9:24 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 2nd Mar 2019 at 10:12 PM.
There is an option to stop a family from moving in the base SP.
I think you need the SP relationship module and to mark the "Romance: Allow Breakup " to false.
Edit:
Your requirements are (as I understand it):
  1. No divorce
  2. No moving out.
  3. No marriage
Okay, install NRAAS SP relationships https://www.nraas.net/community/dow...onship_V267.zip
Create a new cast. Assign it priority 1 just for laughs.
In the new cast, set "Romance: Allow Breakup", "Romance: allow marriage", "Household: Allow Move as Family" and "Household: Allow Move Solo" to false.
Then Apply the new cast to the households you don't want to marry, divorce or move.
Edit 2: You might consider raising the priority of the active family cast so it is higher than your new cast and set those four items back to true for active family.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 3:19 PM
You don't necessarily have to do it with castes. If you click on a house, you can assign these limitations to the whole household, or if you click an individual sim, to that sim. Things like romance, marriage and emigration are in the list of options. It's more of a hassle, since you have to go by every household, but it's my preferred way of doing it.