Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 8:23 PM
Default Bugs and glitches you have encountered in The Sims Stories games
I have always wondered why hasn't EA ever offered support for The Sims Stories games. Until recently, the Stories games had their own site where you could interact play mini-games related to all three games, register your games (though I couldn't ever log-in since the years I found the site) and download welcome-kits which I couldn't download for some reason (that is, I could only download only the CS one).

More importantly however, is that EA has never released official patches for the games. Based on the respones I read on various forums, it seems that Stories games have their fair share of bugs and glitches, and even lag for some people. Have you ever encountered glitched or bugs in either of the three stories games?

I myself only encountered three bugs - two in PS and one in CS. And the worst kinds - the one that appear in Story Mode. If you can't fix them, you might have to restart the story. I can't exactly remember the PS bugs (it was a long time ago), but the one was in Stephen's story. Though I can't recall what was actually wrong, I do recall it was at the part where he was at the restaurant with Erin and I had to quit without saving (something like that anyway) and the story reset to one of the previous goals. The second one was with Alice's story, and it was something to do with the magazine she bought to train the dog. Either I deleted it, or I couldn't interact with it, but buying the magazine again didn't help, so I had to start the story again.

The one I had with CS was this year, and, boy, was it annoying. I even created a thread in the Sims 2 Help section about it, but I couldn't solve the problem. I was about half-way into the story, the part where you have to make friends with the villagers, when one of them (the one who wanted to play chess) got stuck in a loop playing it! I would make my Sim stay on the lot for days, but the Sim wouldn't get up the chair - he would just play the chess all the time. If I directed my Sim to interact with him, nothing would happen; I couldn't even play chess with him. His motives was, I think, frozen, because he would never get up - stuck in a loop. A user here suggested that I use Pescado's Batbox, but I tried multiple times forcing error and whatnot, and it didn't do anything. I had to restart the story again, though I didn't play. And I was just about to start playing CS again, now with cool mods I found, but the whole thing ruined it for me.

PS: Could it be possible to make a 'General' option when submitting new threads? I was prompted when I tried to submit this thread, so I checked 'Castaway Stories', though this thread is related to all three games.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 10:16 PM
The only time I have ever had a problem with any of the stories games is when I tried to use mods before the story was done.

Some time I get in a hurry and try to do the story part before the pop-up tells me to and have to restart or quite with out saving and start that part over again.

If you still want the welcome-kits then see this tread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=514416

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:24 PM
I know. I saw that thread months ago and it helped me to find and install the kits.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 5:23 PM
modding is the only time iv encountered problems and deleting the mods seem to work
Theorist
#5 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 3:31 PM
I'd read long ago on these forums that having BoilingOil's NoSimLoaded token is a life saver for laggy games. I popped it into my CS game (after I've finished the story). But then, a few weeks later, I wanted to play another story. I completely forgot that I had BO's mod in my Downloads, but it came to obvious on the Boneyard part.

So yeah. Pretty much what others said, having mods in the game before the story's finished causes bugs for me, otherwise everything's fine. It could happen, though, that somehow the game glitches out even if you didn't do anything bad to it... taking that in consideration (plus the fact that you play ~3 chapters per day), I'd be cool if you did a backup every 3 chapters or so, so that you don't have to replay the entire story because of a single bug.