Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 10:48 PM
Default Architect/Interior Designer looking to make CC
I've pored over some of the tutorials and list of specifications, but I have a question, and it may be stupid. Does any part of the creation process employ NURBS (Non-Rational Uniform B-Spline) editing?

I'm basically asking if I could use Rhinoceros or Google Sketch-Up to create bases for custom content? would the skills learned in these programs be very similar to the skills/tools utilized in something such as Blender or Milkshape? I understand that one still has to take the 3D object and put it through a Sims3 item creator.

I am only seeking to make windows and furniture. More particularly, a set of windows/doors inspired by Case Study House No. 8 (otherwise known as the Eames house. Link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eames_House ).

An alternative to this would be creating a "curtain/blind" overlay to apply to a Regifted Window or to a 2x1 tile window. However, I do want to create furniture, as there doesn't seem to be enough modern/midcentury modern design classics.

Sorry to ramble on, I just wanted to illustrate my immediate, direct goal for learning to mod/create CC. My focus is build mode/furniture.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 5:27 AM Last edited by Monsoon : 13th Mar 2013 at 6:34 AM.
Yes, I make stuff in Sketch-up and then convert it into collada, open in blender, export as .obj and finally open in milkshape to scale it perfectly (1sq=1sq in-game) and convert it to .wso, so if you are experienced in using blender*, go ahead.

*I meant sketch-up, sorry