Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 8:12 PM Last edited by WesHowe : 28th Aug 2009 at 9:08 PM.
Default MATD and Shaders
In objects mesh (MLOD/MODL) files are parts called the MATD (Material Definition) that define parameters the game uses about how the mesh will be colored and displayed.

In the latest version of the ObjTool, I added the capability to review and potentially change the Material Definitions, using nothing more sophisticated that WordPad or NotePad.

One of the lines contains the ShaderName, I edited the line that contained
Code:
ShaderName Phong

to read
Code:
ShaderName Ghost

The screenshot shows my cloned cheap ghost stereo (playing music) alongside the unmodified game item. As you can see, changing the shader defined for the stereo caused the entire appearance to change. So far as I can tell, no unearthly changes in performance have happened, because I did not make any scripting mods.

<* Wes *>
Screenshots

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 12:16 AM
Thank you Wes for this added feature you and your talent is very much appreciated

Thanks again
Liz
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 12:30 AM
Thanks. If you do anything cool, please post a pic. There is a lot of room to explore new things here...

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 1:55 AM
you are welcome and I will once again thank you

Liz
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WesHowe
In objects mesh (MLOD/MODL) files are parts called the MATD (Material Definition) that define parameters the game uses about how the mesh will be colored and displayed.

In the latest version of the ObjTool, I added the capability to review and potentially change the Material Definitions, using nothing more sophisticated that WordPad or NotePad.

One of the lines contains the ShaderName, I edited the line that contained
Code:
ShaderName Phong

to read
Code:
ShaderName Ghost

The screenshot shows my cloned cheap ghost stereo (playing music) alongside the unmodified game item. As you can see, changing the shader defined for the stereo caused the entire appearance to change. So far as I can tell, no unearthly changes in performance have happened, because I did not make any scripting mods.

<* Wes *>

Question do I have to decompile in order to change MATD? also in the MODL/MLOD info I get this :
Group Count = 2
Group 0: Faces = 1006, Vertices = 1040, Matl_block = 1
Group 1: Faces = 26, Vertices = 32, Matl_block = 7
Total faces = 1032, Total Vertices = 1072

Do I have to change all of the ShaderNames of each MTLSRC file I saw the ones with the name Phong but also saw some with 0x00000000 do I change them also with the name Ghost I am so confuse please help me understand

Thank you
Liz