Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:57 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 8:41 PM.
Scholarship Challenge - University Requried
The purpose of this challenge is to have your teen sim qualify for every scholarship.

Here is a list of all scholarships:

A + Grades

High Cooking skills

High Mechanical Skills

High Charisma Skills

High Body Skills

High Logic Skills

High Creativity Skills

High Cleaning Skills

High Billiards Skills

High Dancing Skills

Previously Abducted by Aliens

Is a Zombie

Good Career Performance

Is and Orphan

Rules:

1.No skilling cheats or game mods allowed
2.Your teen sim can be created in CAS screen, or natural birth
3.Your teen can be in any level of their teenage life.
4.No cheats or game mods for killing parents (this should be the last scholarship you attempt)
5.Custom careers are fine
6.No cheats or game mods for turning your sim into a zombie (however you can use a cheat or game mod to cure them of being zombie, when they become a young adult)
7.No cheats or game mods for being abducted by aliens.
8.Needs game mods are allowed

The only cheat you can use is aging off, because I don't know for sure if the game lets you complete all of these depending on how you play, you might be able to, if that's all you did was focus on this challenge for your teens life. Basically it's up to your discretion whether or not you should use aging off.

Also it helps if your sim has a knowledge aspiration.

You can use the list in any order you choose, but the orphan scholarship must be the last scholarship you attempt!

Have fun!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th May 2010 at 12:15 AM
That...sounds...so...hard!

Powdered doughnuts make me go nuts!
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th May 2010 at 2:15 AM
yeah I'm gonna try this. I haven't played ts2 in a while i think this might be a good way to get back in the swing of things
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 2:41 AM
oo it seems like no one is posting on this thread... oh well I'm gonna post my updates just cuz I like to

Ok This is William and Sandy Schulp. William is a knowledge sim and Sandy is a family sim and they will soon be giving birth to the little simmie who is gonna earn all those scholarships :P

Ok first things first time to try for a baby

And again...

...and again...

...and again... Well it took 3 times but Sandy FINALLY got pregnant

Oh yea I forgot, here's a top view of their house

Ok I just thought this was kinda creepy, I had some sims die in this house and I deleted their graves off the lot but they popped back up again...I think I might just keep them there for some added fun

YAY!!! Pregnant bump, but ick those clothes!!!

Ahh that's better... though u can't really tell she's pregnant...o well thanks to lianasims for making adorable maternity outfits.

O CRAP!!! I forgot to take pictures. oh well Sandy and William gave birth to a baby boy named Spencer. Very cute IMO. Now time to put him to work

Here's Spencer maxing out Charisma

And Creativity

Spencer had almost maxed out logic when he grew to a child...so close. Oh well. BTW I LOVED his nursery thanks to aats2.

Well that's all for now. Even though nobody's on this thread I'll update some more later.
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 4:31 AM
Haha I'm already doing another update. I must say I really enjoy playing Spencer. He's a little cutie.

Anyways I made a little addition to the house. I added a little study and I updated Spencers room.

So the first thing I did was have little Spence finish maxing his logic which put him in Platinum mood. Awesome!!

Then he maxed out cooking.

Then before I knew it, it was time for Spencer's first day of school.

When he got home Sandy taught him how to do homework.

Then he maxed out mechanical.

Ahh look at all the skilling going on. Sandy and William are both trying to get to the top of the Medical Career.

I would just like to point out that this is the one challenge I have done where I don't need ghosts haunting my lot...but now these two haunt the lot EVERY NIGHT!!!

After a couple of sim days Spencer gets an A+! YAY!!!

Soon after he maxed out Cleaning. Well the only thing left is Body and children can't work out so I guess Spencer's free 'til he's a teen.

Here's Spencer as a teen. Very cute he looks just like his daddy.

Welp that's all for now I'll probably update some more tonight even if I am talking to my self.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 12:04 AM

Ok It took me a couple of days but after a much needed makeover for Spencer, I'm back.

First thing I had him do was go ahead and apply for all the scholarships he qualified for. Which was quite a few!!

After that he maxed out his body skill. Rather quickly too. It only took him one night

WWooo. I've never gotten to the top of the Medical field. William gets picked up in a Limo now. Nice.

Dang I forgot to get a picture but Spencer got to the top of the Law career track. oo well here's him getting the scholarship.

DANG! You see what I mean?? These ghosts even come out during the day. They've scared Spence quite a few times. :P

So after getting him to the top of his career I decided to have Spence spend a little time on his dancing skills...

Than I bought a pool table so he could practice his billiard skills.

He eventually got both those scholarships. Than I had him summon some aliens. Unfortunately I forgot to turn the cutscenes off so I didn't get a pic of him as he was getting abducted.

So now everything's done it's time to put Spence by himself and let him starve to death...

...but I decided starving him would take to long so I decided I would let him drown :X

Ahhh Grimmy we meet again. Grim: *Crazy broad always killin off all her sims w/ her crazy challenges.* X0

Welp here's Spencer's grave time to go have him brought back as a zombie. I've never had a zombie before. I'm excited.

Scholarships Achieved:

Hogan Award for Athletics
Bain-Gordon Communications Fellowship
Kim Metro Prize for Hygenics
London Culinary Arts Scholarship
Will Wright Genius Grant
Bui Engineering Award
Quigely Visual Arts Grant
Sim City Scholar's Grant
Extraterrestrial Reparation Grant
Young Entrepreneurs Award
Phelps-Wilsonoff Billiards Prize
Tsang Footwork Award

Scholarships Left:

Undead Educational Scholarship
Orphaned Sims Assistance Fund
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 12:14 AM
Oooh, I may just try this!

skyeiskewl- HOLY CRACKERS! You've gotten really far! Bravo!

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 12:45 AM
Haha thanks. I don't really have anything better to do. I'm currently on maternity leave just waiting on my baby to be born so I got all the time in the world.

Anyways this isn't really an update I just wanted to introduce everyone to Aadi Singletary. The Simmie that's gonna bring Spencer back as a zombie. She goes to La Fiesta Tech. She's a Popularity sim with a secret love for Grilled Cheese. I realized I don't have ANY sims that can even get into the Paranormal career, so I'm gonna get her to join the Secret Society and use their bone phone, :P
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 2:13 AM
Oooh nice challenge. I think I'll try this one in my new ubermegahood.
Theorist
#10 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 3:30 PM
But for the teen to become a zombie, won't the parents need a Resurrect-O-Nomitron (or whatever that thing is called), which is only available from a career that requires a Diploma. Does that mean we must play the parents first and get them a College Diploma, or is it okay to use mods to get the Resurrect-O-Nomitron? Like using inSIM to either hack their career, unlock the career reward or download a buyable Resurrect-O-Nomitron?
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:41 PM
The Batbox (lot debugger) has an option to "Update Pre-Uni Sim" or take a sim who hasn't been in college to get them the extra Wants slots. I don't know if it gives them a diploma, though, but maybe they'll be able to get into Paranormal.

By the way I can't wait to try this challenge! I didn't know how to get pictures for it though, but skye did a really good job of it!

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:46 PM
that is so cool
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:47 PM
cool pictures man
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 5:57 PM
vhanster I didn't even realize that 'til I started playing the challenge sadly. So now I'm putting a sim through uni and then I'm gonna have her move in w/ Spencer's parents and once she gets the phone I'm just gonna have the parents resurrect him. It sucks and it's taking FOREVER but oh well. I wish I woulda thought about that before I started the challenge.
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 1:13 AM

ok So time for another update. I updated Aadi's dorm a little bit. I think it's very cute thanks to tsr.

So the first thing I had her do... was head to the LFT Student Union to try to find some Secret Society members. Where she met Katharine Iforgetherlastname.

After a bit of hanging out they became friends. Yay!! 1 SS friend down 2 to go.

Than Aadi met...I wanna say his name is Aaron??

But she didn't get to make friends with him cuz shortly after she had to go to class.

GAY!!! I can't get Aaron to get over but the freakin' professor drops by whenever he feels like it. :X

Finally got Aaron to come over. that's SS friend #2

Than she met...Thomas??

But he left shortly after

YAY!!! I got lucky. Turns out 'Thomas' lives in Aadi's dorm

So Aadi and Thomas talked all night

And the next night this guy who would make GREAT legacy material came and kidnapped Aadi.

WTF???!! Are you kidding me? I wasted all this time getting her into the SS. I wish I woulda known that you actually had to KNOW the dead person...I guess that does make sense. Oo well I guess I'll just have to play Aadi all the way through Uni. this is gonna take a while...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skyeiskewl
Oo well I guess I'll just have to play Aadi all the way through Uni. this is gonna take a while...

You can have her take the phone in her inventory and then drop out of school if you want to save some time.
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 8:29 PM
aww ur right!!! GAY I wish I woulda thought of that I just played her all the way through uni and didn't even THINK to take the bone phone w/ me. grr... could i still go to the secret society after I've already graduated??
Theorist
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skyeiskewl
could i still go to the secret society after I've already graduated??

Unfortunately, I don't think you can go to University lots (Including secret societies) once you leave the campus grounds

Quote: Originally posted by Liisiko
You can have her take the phone in her inventory and then drop out of school if you want to save some time.

Err... Even though it is faster to drop out, I don't think you'll be able to get your diploma that way- because the Diploma itself is, I THINK, some sort of a career reward for completing/graduating college. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I've never had my Sim drop out
Instructor
#19 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 9:11 PM
So, slight flaw in my plan... when you become a zombie, you lose most of your skill points. I was totally done besides making the parents die, too.

Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Unfortunately, I don't think you can go to University lots (Including secret societies) once you leave the campus grounds

Err... Even though it is faster to drop out, I don't think you'll be able to get your diploma that way- because the Diploma itself is, I THINK, some sort of a career reward for completing/graduating college. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I've never had my Sim drop out

You are correct on that, but if you join the secret society, pocket the bone phone, and THEN drop out... you will still be in possession of it. And then you don't need to do the paranormal career.
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 12:23 AM
[QUOTE=katalina522]So, slight flaw in my plan... when you become a zombie, you lose most of your skill points. I was totally done besides making the parents die, too.

yup I made that SAME mistake... I gotta another question...can zombie teens not make any higher than a C+? cuz Their grade drops too once you bring them back... And it seems like no matter if he did his homework his grade stayed at a C+. Oh well it took a LONG time but I got all the scholarships except the one for having an A+. I sorta gave up on that though lol. I'll post the ending pics here in a bit.
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 12:43 AM

Ok so I got Aadi all the way through college graduated w/ honors and everything. It took FOREVER but the paranormal career finally popped up. ONLY after Aadi got pregnant by Geoffrey Cormier a guy that lived in her dorm at uni. So now she has to wait 3 days until her babies born to go to work. >(

AWW I guess it's not all bad. Aadi had a little baby boy named Baback. And he is just absolutely ADORABLE.

Well it took a a few days but I FINALLY got a bone phone! Yes This challenge is almost over with. !!

Well I THOUGHT it was almost over with... I had NO idea that zombies come back with only half their skill points. HOW FREAKIN' GAY!!! Now I gotta gain ALL those points back.... Pooey. This was NOT supposed to last this long.

This has NOTHING to do with the challenge but I wanted to show everyone what a cute kid Baback grew up into..

Well it took a while but Spence eventually gained all his skill points back, and both William and Sandy eventually died of old age giving the Orphaned Assistance fund as well..

That's it I finished the challenge. YAY ME!!! It was pretty fun. I def. learned alot that I didn't know. Hehe I don't really play around with university or zombies very often.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 10:39 PM
isnt it a little rude to say its gay that zombies dont keep skill points?

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 11:59 PM
Seriously amyandmia? I was just ranting and raving about my sims. I'm pretty sure that's allowed on these message boards. Go pick an online fight w/ someone else.
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 12:29 AM
Nice job, skyeiskewl! You really worked hard! It's going to take some time for me to motivate myself to do this.
Instructor
#25 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:37 PM Last edited by katalina522 : 7th Jul 2010 at 10:54 PM.
Seriously skyeiskewl, such usage of the word gay is considered derogatory to many people. I mean, you wouldn't dare use the name of any other racial/ethnic/cultural group in place of saying 'stupid' or 'annoying,' would you?

In other news, I have discovered that it might be better to kill your sim and resurrect him/her during childhood before you waste time earning all your skill points.
Page 1 of 2