Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 11:01 AM
I have started this challenge over after I got the answers to my questions and so far my founder has got a teenage daughter with a random person from France. I have unlocked the Gardener career with my founder and the Painting career with her daughter, and idirectly the City Hall.

A question: Is it allowed to unlock more than one building per person?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smukkemiss
I have started this challenge over after I got the answers to my questions and so far my founder has got a teenage daughter with a random person from France. I have unlocked the Gardener career with my founder and the Painting career with her daughter, and idirectly the City Hall.

A question: Is it allowed to unlock more than one building per person?

If you're playing "Hard" mode; No.
If you're playing "Easy" mode; Yes.

It's a personal preference.

I post my Sims stuff here http://greenpowerfluff.tumblr.com/ + more.
Test Subject
#28 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 7:25 AM
Thank you for your answers. I think I will pick and choose according to my mood
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 8:52 AM
Well, I really enjoy your perfect challenge. I have got Forsyte family: Richard Forsyte was NPC and his surname was Brown, but he married my founder Deliah Forsyte and moved to her. Richard took her surname too. He became a great inventor and had got really high skills: mechanic, invention and fishing. Deliah had got high culinary skill and try to be the great artist. They have get five children:Isaac, Irving,Demetra,Arnold,Fenella and Edith. Isaac became a personal trainer, he had got the 10th level of logic, the 8th skill of athletic and high skill of charming. His wife Emily from NPC, had got the high skill of horse riding and she trained her personal horse Purple. Irving, my insane sim, have got high skills of sculpture,writing and fishing. Demetra was obsessed of gardening and create her personal greenhouse.Arnold became a sly teen, his interests only his perfect body, charming smile and the items of other sims, he likes to steal. Fenella and Edith don't what kind of sphere they would prefer. If you interest my story i can show you screens.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAnna
Well, I really enjoy your perfect challenge. I have got Forsyte family: Richard Forsyte was NPC and his surname was Brown, but he married my founder Deliah Forsyte and moved to her. Richard took her surname too. He became a great inventor and had got really high skills: mechanic, invention and fishing. Deliah had got high culinary skill and try to be the great artist. They have get five children:Isaac, Irving,Demetra,Arnold,Fenella and Edith. Isaac became a personal trainer, he had got the 10th level of logic, the 8th skill of athletic and high skill of charming. His wife Emily from NPC, had got the high skill of horse riding and she trained her personal horse Purple. Irving, my insane sim, have got high skills of sculpture,writing and fishing. Demetra was obsessed of gardening and create her personal greenhouse.Arnold became a sly teen, his interests only his perfect body, charming smile and the items of other sims, he likes to steal. Fenella and Edith don't what kind of sphere they would prefer. If you interest my story i can show you screens.

I would LOVE to hear more.

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 6:07 AM Last edited by LadyAnna : 25th Jan 2013 at 6:42 AM.
There are screens of my sims:

Richard Forsyte

Inventor, the father of six children. He preferred to create his strange items in the attic.

Deliah Forsyte

She liked culinary and art. Richard's wife.

Isaac Forsyte

The elder child of Deliah and Richard. Isaac decided to be a personal trainer. He bought a few sport items and open his business. He married Emily Johnson, another NPC. He also have got son , Colin by name.

Irving Forsyte

The second child of Deliah and Richard. He is a sculptor. But he also have get high skills of writing, fishing and painting. He married Jinna Folk. No children.

Demetra Forsyte

The third child of Deliah and Richard. She is obsessed by nature, gardening and she have get her personal greenhouse.

Arnold Forsyte

The fourth child of Deliah and Richard Forsyte. He likes internet chart, logic skill and stealing things from his stupid friends.

Fenella Forsyte

The fifth child of Deliah and Richard Forsyte. One of their twins. She dislikes nature, but she likes sport and chess.

Edith Forsyte

The sixth child of Deliah and Richard Forsyte. She is very emotional girl, with great fantasy. She likes kid tv and fantasy books.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 6:48 AM
About my city - it's blank map of StoryBrook town. I have got some common lots: military base, the gypsy wagon, coffe house, hangout, criminal career lot, par, city hall and pond . My sim family Forsyte owned gypsy wagon and a pond. Three houses for my sims. I have got some another families:Folks, Wilds, Maigeries, Myst.

To be continued...
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 7:36 PM
New persons of family Forsyte

Emily Forsyte (Johnson) - wife of Isaac Forsyte.

Emily was born in Appalouse Plains, in the big farmer family. She likes animals, especially horses. She had got the high skill of horse riding and fishing. Emily and her husband have get son Colin by name.

Jinna Forsyte (Folk) - Irving's wife.

She is another personal trainer and masseur, she have got the high skill of sport. Jinna is obssesed of healthy style life.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 2:21 AM
I was looking into the story progression mod and needless to say I'm not mod savvy and was a little overwhelmed. Is it possible with this mod to essentially freeze one household so to speak while allowing others to continue? I'm thinking of a more Sims 2 play style just with the houses of my Sims and their family members. That way the neighborhood of families I'm not controlling can go on their merry way and my families wait for me to play them before doing something stupid.

Dr. Qusul Pa'Lhaxalic has been reassigned and has a new partner. Stay Tuned.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Secresa
I was looking into the story progression mod and needless to say I'm not mod savvy and was a little overwhelmed. Is it possible with this mod to essentially freeze one household so to speak while allowing others to continue? I'm thinking of a more Sims 2 play style just with the houses of my Sims and their family members. That way the neighborhood of families I'm not controlling can go on their merry way and my families wait for me to play them before doing something stupid.

Just turn off progression in the menu?

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:10 PM
I believe that stops the whole town, although I'm not sure about that. I just hadn't heard good things about EA's story progression but really love this mod. I will have to play with it.

Dr. Qusul Pa'Lhaxalic has been reassigned and has a new partner. Stay Tuned.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 6:49 AM
Secresa, you could play every family every sim week. And you may not use story progression.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 3:05 PM
This is so fun! The farther I get, the funner it gets! I am entering generation two since I took a short break.
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 3:13 AM
Excited to start
I am excited to start this challenge. could you please add the spreadsheet? Will post when I have an update.
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tonyshotmama
could you please add the spreadsheet?

The spreadsheet is at the end of the post, below the spoilers
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CeresIn
The spreadsheet is at the end of the post, below the spoilers

I found it ty.
Test Subject
#42 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 4:55 AM
Help please
Ok, feeling very dense. Comp was down for a bit so just getting started, got NPC house, garden, and founder. bulldozed everything else. Now what do I do? I am really into this challenge just a little confused on building lots and getting jobs and progressing with my family.
Test Subject
#43 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aj'sgirl
Ok, feeling very dense. Comp was down for a bit so just getting started, got NPC house, garden, and founder. bulldozed everything else. Now what do I do? I am really into this challenge just a little confused on building lots and getting jobs and progressing with my family.

I never started this challenge, but I planed it several times. The first thing you should do is to start making money and get a husband or wife and make babies.
The challenge says that you can move in an NPC, but can't move them out, so I planed to move in two NPC (and marrying them among themselves) and move out my founder (plus his/her family), so that way I have two households. Repeat this process until all NPC have their own houses. That way you have more population and you can start using them to unlock lots and Jobs.
Making basic houses in small lots ($10,000 each) make this process faster.

Hope that helps
Test Subject
#44 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 2:33 AM
[QUOTE=CeresIn]I never started this challenge, but I planed it several times. The first thing you should do is to start making money and get a husband or wife and make babies.
The challenge says that you can move in an NPC, but can't move them out, so I planed to move in two NPC (and marrying them among themselves) and move out my founder (plus his/her family), so that way I have two households. Repeat this process until all NPC have their own houses. That way you have more population and you can start using them to unlock lots and Jobs.
Making basic houses in small lots ($10,000 each) make this process faster.

Hope that helps [/QUOTE

Yes it does, does my founder have to marry an NPC? Cause I have a sim saved on PC that I want her to marry, he is not in game yet. How can I get him there? Can I move out the two married NPC's that we started with? Does anyone know if I can use master controller and story progression to keep all other households going but not my founder?
Test Subject
#45 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 7:47 PM
I installed the mods recently, so I'm not very familiar with them. I can't help you with them.

What occurs to me is that you can move the sim in the NPC's house. There are several websites that contain this challenge and, in one of them, I read that you can fill the NPC's house at any time. I think it is on the site where the original challenge is posted.
Test Subject
#46 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 5:08 AM
This has been my favorite challenge I've ever tried so far. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 9:27 PM
ok I think I got this figured out. I am horrible at stories so I will be posting pic updates of my world. I need a theme idea however if anyone can help?
Page 2 of 2