Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 5:28 PM
Default Cmomoney Blender Tools in 2.5
I downloaded and installed the oh-so lovely Blender tools. I was all pumped up to do some meshing and I was glad to see that the tools appeared to be working because when I clicked file>import it gave me the option to import s3m2b files.

But any model I import doesn't actually show up in the 3d viewport. At first I thought my camera settings were off, so I took a thorough look around but no: nothing there. All that appears is a tiny orange dot in the middle of the screen which it gives me the option of deleting.

When I do import something the side panel automatically opens up "bones" and if I import more than once it says bones.002 or 003 or etc. In the top corner it says that I have 0 vertices 0 faces BUT I have 1 out of 6 objects selected.

One last thing that may or may not be relevant is when I export my MLOD/MODL files from S3PE it didn't actually give me an option to export as s3m2b. It gave me the option to export to pack or file. When I go to export as pack it exports a s3pack but when I export to file it automatically has it set to export as a .model file. I thought, oh well I'll just type in s3m2b where it says model. That's how I've been exporting my files, I thought maybe this might be the problem?

Yeah I have no clue whats going on.
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 6:13 PM
You have to have the MeshExpImpHelper installed in s3peto get the 'export to s3m2b' option: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=689.0.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
You have to have the MeshExpImpHelper installed in s3peto get the 'export to s3m2b' option: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=689.0.

Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:31 AM
New problem now: I can't seem to export. I feel bad posting this since it's probably been answered somewhere before but my searches haven't brought up anything useful to me.

When I export I export as s3m2b and it brings up the browser. I click the original file that I imported (just to grab the name) and then save with that name, but in a different folder than the original MLOD/MODL file. A warning message pops up saying: Export Successful (or something like that.)

But when I go to the folder I saved the file to it isn't anywhere to be seen.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:49 AM
You have to do it in the same file as the original, because it gets data from the original to write the new one. If you don't want to overwrite the original, make a copy of that filebase and its groups and move it somewhere else, the overwrite that.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:19 PM
Thanks, I honestly have no idea what I would do without your help!

Probably just not mesh. :O