Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 9:53 PM Last edited by alttbm : 31st Mar 2011 at 2:56 AM.
Default "True" Custom Paintings (mesh file?)
I am trying to create a new mesh for a custom painting but am unable to get S3OC to clone meshes (with the package).
I used S3PE to search the Fullbuild files manually but found only clothing meshes.
I also tried TSRW as it will extract meshes as obj, but TSRW wont allow me to apply the new texture for the resized mesh. Exporting to sim3pack extracting with multi-installer and opening in S3PE didn't work either.

I'm lost where else can i look to find the mesh (and should i be looking for geom or something else) .
also I'm unfamiliar with footprint files and how to use them.
I know I need to but for what?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 11:11 PM
S3OC doesn't clone meshes...it clones packages. You then take the package and open it with S3PE so that you can export the mlods and modl...that is the "mesh" part of the package that you're wanting to edit. For wall paintings you're prolly not gonna have to change the footprint...just choose a painting that is as wide as you want yours to be or roughly thereabouts.

I suggest taking a look at a tutorial for making objects...there are several in the tutorials section here that will walk you through the ins and outs of the tools.