Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 7:57 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 10:03 PM.
Default It's a Hard Challenge Dang It
If you read 'A hard, but Rewarding Challenge' You might've thought it was too Easy, you might've been right. Well, this is the new, and improved Hard, but Rewarding Challenge, with a twist. This challenge has material you'll find hard in other challenges, but I've tweaked 'em to be harder, or easier depending on what it is, well, here we are:

This Challenge lasts 20 generations, and you will need, Bace game, and University, as well as Pets, and O.F.B.

Generation 1: Cooking Oddesy
First make a new 'hood, then make it 'Dirt' or 'Desert' I prefer 'Dirt' but that's just me. Now make an Adult sim, Male, or Female. Choose personality, and asperation. Choose a 3X3 lot, and make a 9X9 tile house. Yes, you've seen this before, but it's a little different now. You may not choose a floor, or wall color, you must leave them the way they came, you may have only one floor, excluding the foundation, and the roof. Also build a fenced in area, and use a cheat to get the Cow Plant, this is the last time you may cheat, put a lock on the fence for now. You may have a double bed, and a mini fridge only inside your house. Turn off free will, so the Subject can't sneek food while your not looking. Now you must start trapping townies, and locking them in with the Cow Plant, drink the juice of the plant when it's over with, and then you'll be allowed access to the mini fridge for one visit. Once Generation 1's sim has mastered the cooking skill this way he/she may get a job in the cooking career. Once that's mastered you can now have access to everything in kittchen 'sort by room' menu, as long as it is not electronic, exeption being a stove. Almost forgot, you may have one toilet, and one sink.

Generation 2: Price of Theives Oddesy
Same as the Legacy Challenge once Gen. 1 masters the cooking job, get them married, have ONE child, and no more, they may not go to collage so they must master the Charisma skill with a mirror, they can only have access to this mirror after an adult drinks the Elixer of the Cow Plant. Have them master the Crime job, and you gain access to the Outdoor 'sort by room' menu, nothing electronic, however.

You see the pattern here, only the hair of the throne may take on a new job. Each Gen will have an object they must master a skill with, but they only have access to it once after the juice of the Cow Plant is milked.

Gen. 3: Sports Oddesy
Use the cheapest body building machene after cowplant, once the skill is mastered master the Sports job. Allows access to Living room items.

Gen 4: Medical Oddesy
Use the toilet to max the cleaning skill, then master the med. job, and you unlock all types of plumbing.

Gen 5: Science Oddesy
Use a chess board to master the logic skill, and then master the Science job, which unlocks all things electronic.

Gen 6: Hippie Oddesy
Use the chess board to max the logic skill, then use the telescope every night, until you are abducted by aliens. Only the chess board is limited by the Cow Plant for this generation. You unlock the study, and asperation items from this gen.

Gen 7: Business Oddesy
Use the Easal to master creativity, then master the Business job. Once done you can now flip a coin, if heads, you may use motherlode, if tails you get nothing. You also unlock cars, if you have Night Life.

Gen 8: Law Oddesy
Use the cheapest body building machene to max the body skill, then master the Law job. You then unlock the ability to assign a collage to your town, and send the sims of your town there. You may also expand your house now. All sims returning from collage must move back in to the main house, and nobody may move out unless going to collage.

Gen 9: Acting Oddesy
Master the Charisma skill while at collage, then become an actor. Once you master the acting job, you unlock the ability to have a swimming pool.

Gen 10: Paranomal Oddety
Master the logic skill at collage, then master the paranormal job, and you unlock the ability to make zombies at home which can then be moved out, which is the way you get rid of all the ghosts about. As well as the graves, you no longer have the Cow Plant to Skill Item restriction, and your family's canibal tradition is broken.

Gen 11: Nature Boy/Girl Oddesy
Go to collage, and master the Logic skill, and then master the Natural Science job. You now unlock having grass for a lawn, and out door plants.

Gen 12: Art Oddesy
Go to collage, and master the creativity skill, then master the art career. You can now paint the walls, and use the flooring tool.

Gen 13: Flower Girl/Boy
Now buy ONE Public lot, and make a flower shop there, you may not have any employies untill you have a golden badge in flower arrangement, you must sell flowers, and only flowers, untill you have a 5 star rating, and a good review. Once you have this you unlock indoor plants.

Gen 14: Toy Tycoon
The next hair to the thrown, will turn your flower shop into a toy shop, you must have golden toy making badge before you can hire employies, when the hair takes over he is to fire all existing ones. Once you have a good review, and 5 stars, you unlock the kids room items.

Gen 15: Robot Oddesy
Same deal as before, same firing, same going from shop type to shop type, we are now a Robot sales shop. Once you have golden robot badge you may have employies, once you have the good review, and 5 stars, you unlock the ability to make a Servo, and have ONE live with you, but no more then one. I've never switched ownership before so if the ratings, and all don't reset then just sell the lot, and buy a new one, no more then one at a time though.

Gen 16: Restruant Owner
Now we have our last manditory Open for Business goal, same deal as before master cooking skill, you can hire sims, get the 5 stars, and good review, you unlock the Party items in the buy menu.

Gen 17: Stay at home Mom/Dad
For this one you simply have one spouse get a job while the hair raises a child from infant to teen, once done you unlock the ability to have more then one child per generation, you may now CHOOSE who the hair is from your children.

Gen 18: The Slacker
You don't have to have any skill mastered to join the slacker career, once mastered you can throw a party.

Gen 19: Politition
Use whatever you want to master the Charisma Skill, and then master the Politition job, you can then own more the one public lot.

Generation 20: Angel of Hope
Now that your town is fully restored it's time to raise a child from infant to death, a child with all the options in the universe to choose from. Have this generation follow the rules of the Hard but Rewarding Challenge.

Enjoy, and please share what you think of it for me!

FABIO, AND THE POPE WILL RIDE IN ON GIANT CHICKENS, AND KILL US ALL!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD...It's also Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Just ignore that creepy old man watching you from his window wearing nothing, but boxers, and eating flapjacks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 12:24 AM
Well for starts.. I don't understand how you can master the cookign skill if you're only allowed a mini fridge until you master the skill... with no bench to cook on, how are you supposed to do anything but eat instant meals?.. which doesn't gain cookign skill.

"When darkness falls hope is a concept broken with suffering."
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 12:45 AM
The minifridge doubles as a countertop, so the Sim should be able to prepare cereal and sandwiches. Dinner would be instant meals (you're right, not a skill builder) until the Sim had enough cooking points to prepare a chef salad. I kind of hope someone tackles this -- at least gen 1 -- because I'm wondering how many days it would take to master the cooking skill (assuming master = get 10 skill points) preparing only cereal and sandwiches!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 1:10 AM
Generation one is intended to be the hardest, the cow plant will keep the sim alive until they master cooking (10 points) which might take a while on Lunch Meat, and Cereal. Let it be known to all players Cheats/Mods/Hacks are not allowed. Further more, I'll think of something that might be a LITTLE easier, but not to easy.

FABIO, AND THE POPE WILL RIDE IN ON GIANT CHICKENS, AND KILL US ALL!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD...It's also Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Just ignore that creepy old man watching you from his window wearing nothing, but boxers, and eating flapjacks.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 1:43 PM
Doesn't the cow plant kill sims though? I've never actually used it, so I don't really know. But if it does, wouldn't that mean you'd end up with huge numbers of character files from all the dead sims, potentially leading to neighbourhood implosion? It strikes me you'd have to cow plant an awful lot of sims to get enough access to the mini fridge to max out cooking skill!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Doesn't the cow plant kill sims though? I've never actually used it, so I don't really know. But if it does, wouldn't that mean you'd end up with huge numbers of character files from all the dead sims, potentially leading to neighbourhood implosion? It strikes me you'd have to cow plant an awful lot of sims to get enough access to the mini fridge to max out cooking skill!

Okay, okay, since so many people have had problems with that, I'll change the rule. NOW you only have to do the following. Every generation must kill 5 sims with the cow plant. Which will allow permanant access to the skill item of that generation, however, you must kill exactly 5 sims before you may use said skill item.

Edit: Note for the Med. Generation you may use the toilet before 5 sims are killed by Cow Plant, but you may not clean it.

Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 1:03 PM
I dont think i could do that many generations, I hear it's best to stick with six. I was thinking though that this could be more doable with a group or family rather then one Sim, each Sim could work on lifting a restrictions! It needs a story though? I have to role play ..I am going to work on this