Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#26 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:39 PM
Ah, yes, that was right. It was 3A. 3B pertains to Lot Class, which determines what sort of social groups are prone to populating it. In the game, it is compared for equivalency to a constant value, and I believe that was 0x4000, which corresponded to High? It is not apparently a flag bit, as they test for it using ==. It is unclear how this value is determined in the fist place, as the criteria are unknown and likely rather arbitrary.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#27 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 7:47 PM
Well 3A *did* exist in FT... ???

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#28 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 8:13 PM
But not in whatever log originates from 2006, which is definitely a postexpansions log. Since AL does not imply the existence of FT, you can't test on 3A and not barf if the user is running one of the older expansions. I do not know when 3A first appeared, but it is definitely not all-versions testsafe.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#29 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 8:32 PM
No I agree with that, just getting it clear in my own head we're all talking about the same field. I wonder why they labelled it Ambient then? I thought it was something to do with temperature.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
My present solution in test BHAVs is to scan for the existence of an object believed to be universal on all lots of AL, "Controller - Secret Networking", including disabled objects.

Nice dirty trick! Thanks!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 2 of 2