Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#7401 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Extremely stupid question, but a while ago I downloaded a custom world called Vökurò or Vokuro. The question is: Why?
It's an island with two lots, and the rest of the terrain is unroutable almost everywhere. But something about this world must have been special enough to prompt me to get it.

Do you play challenges? That would be a great world for some of them...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7402 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Maybe you wanted to find the sailor who rediscovered the island (identified in the description) wearing that "pair of striking teal tights"
Maybe

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Do you play challenges? That would be a great world for some of them...
I'm afraid, no. It must have been something unique to the way this world was made, as I dimly remember that I saw it mentioned in a thread as an example for something; special terrain painting perhaps, good sculpting or particular lighting?
Scholar
#7403 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 4:33 PM
Can you perform Showtime gigs (magic shows; singer concerts) in Late Night bars, if you put a stage set into it? Or would those have to be separate locations?
Scholar
#7404 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:54 PM
Does the Sim Finder App generate a new sim to meet your specifications, or does it find one?
Test Subject
#7405 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Does the Sim Finder App generate a new sim to meet your specifications, or does it find one?

In my experience it can do either. I am not sure if it will bring any of the existing service/role sims to your door, but it may definitely bring over a resident sim or generate an out-of-towner.
Top Secret Researcher
#7406 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:23 AM

Both.
Sometimes, if you're not too picky, it will get a sim from the townies.
If you ask for an unusual combination of traits, gender and age, it creates a new sim. Usually a fat one.
Quote: Originally posted by luftspeiler
In my experience it can do either. I am not sure if it will bring any of the existing service/role sims to your door, but it may definitely bring over a resident sim or generate an out-of-towner.

I usually go to the library or neutral territory to use the sim finder. Makes it easier to ditch them. The sim finder is like a genie from the stories - if there is a way to screw things up, it will.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#7407 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:28 AM
Is it safe to clone a dna sample of a plumbot or should I just analyze them?

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
dodgy builder
#7408 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Can you perform Showtime gigs (magic shows; singer concerts) in Late Night bars, if you put a stage set into it? Or would those have to be separate locations?

From my experience with Stranda, there is different lot types with different requirements. To finish the performer, you needed them all. I spesifically remember the silly big stage. I made my own as an opera, and it's actually a rabbithole, I just had to tell people to keep it as a different zone most of the time. I had used lots of time designing a place with a restaurant, bar etc, but if you used it as intended, nothing would work
Top Secret Researcher
#7409 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Is it safe to clone a dna sample of a plumbot or should I just analyze them?
Most plumbots won't let you take a DNA sample. By most I mean I think none of them will let you.
But you do get two plumbot dna samples when a plumbot advances to level 8 of the science skill. Cloning those results in a human sim with a random skin tone, hair etc. It was sort of interesting.
Only did it three times.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#7410 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Most plumbots won't let you take a DNA sample. By most I mean I think none of them will let you.
But you do get two plumbot dna samples when a plumbot advances to level 8 of the science skill. Cloning those results in a human sim with a random skin tone, hair etc. It was sort of interesting.
Only did it three times.

That's how my plumbot got them, from the science skill. So I might try it - as soon as he got rid of his child-hating creator.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Lab Assistant
#7411 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 9:27 PM
Is there a way to avoid fogging in the windows of a parked vehicle or car when it's cold? Vehicles stored in a garage room or underground shouldn't get fogged. Only vehicles parked in the open should suffer fogged, frosted, snowed surfaces.
Scholar
#7412 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:37 PM
Maybe I am being stupid, but I honestly cannot understand this tutorial on how to make a 'fresh air/walk-in basement'. Does anyone know of a different tutorial with this topic? I sort of get lost when it comes to 'ripping the basement open'.
dodgy builder
#7413 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 9:09 PM
Maybe I am being stupid, but I honestly cannot understand this tutorial on how to make a 'fresh air/walk-in basement'. Does anyone know of a different tutorial with this topic? I sort of get lost when it comes to 'ripping the basement open'.

If you want the traditional opening to the garden or front all on one side, you just put down staircases along side each other. It can be a bit tricky to make it work. If you do it the traditional way with 4 steps down to the basement, you have to keep in mind the footprint of the staircase before the walls down in the basement.

Here is a tutorial I made, it's part of a playlist. I'm too lazy to dig up the single video at the moment.

Video
Scholar
#7414 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:33 AM
My sim has maxed out the bot building skill and has a full collection of nanites in his house. Now from time to time there are nanites spawning in his garden (in the home world, not in the future). They are only at this lot, nowhere else in the world, I checked it with the collection helper. Is this something I have to worry about?

Inventor
#7415 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
My sim has maxed out the bot building skill and has a full collection of nanites in his house. Now from time to time there are nanites spawning in his garden (in the home world, not in the future). They are only at this lot, nowhere else in the world, I checked it with the collection helper. Is this something I have to worry about?

Could it be like with the alchemy skill, when if you perform alchemy for the first time some alchemy spawners appear on your lot? Did you check your lot with buydebug?
Scholar
#7416 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Could it be like with the alchemy skill, when if you perform alchemy for the first time some alchemy spawners appear on your lot? Did you check your lot with buydebug?

That's it! There's a spawner for the bot workshop. Thank you!

Scholar
#7417 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 5:02 PM
I just had to create a new game folder which necessitates a great reorganizing of mods and cc. What do you put in your overrides folder?
Mad Poster
#7418 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 11:50 PM
I just had to create a new game folder which necessitates a great reorganizing of mods and cc. What do you put in your overrides folder?

Generally speaking, a good rule to follow is that nothing goes into Overrides unless a mod developer specifically says a file they are providing should go there.
Scholar
#7419 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 8:52 PM
I know that Sims 2 had a mod that removed the need of the X Number Of Friends requirement for all jobs... I'm doubting it, but would it be possible to do something similar like that for Charisma? Allowing you to gain any level of Charisma, even without having friends?
Top Secret Researcher
#7420 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:27 PM
Do the Insane have the friend requirement for charisma? (Hey, maybe their "friends" are in their head.)
Forum Resident
#7421 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:04 PM Last edited by lfria : 10th Mar 2018 at 11:30 PM.
My only student I was playing died at university. I would like to head back to the Sunset Valley now to move on with the consequences. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get back to it. Help?

Edit: Well a google search and some messing around, and I don't think there's a way to fix it. I went back to my save before he went to uni and killed him to keep what happened consistent at least
Top Secret Researcher
#7422 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 12:59 AM

Mods of mods.
Yes! There are Mad scientist who make such things.

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#7423 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:11 AM

You can! There's 5 types of gigs, and the type of lot assignment will determine your gig type. Here's the list:

Park: small park, big park, graveyard, fishing spot, beach, festival grounds, wasteland, recreational park, ITF base camp
Coffeehouse: coffeehouse, pool, gym, library, sports bar, dive bar, local watering hole, dive bar criminal (hidden lot assignment from Pets), arcade, java hut, cafeteria
Live show venue: live show venue, hangout, dance club, disco club, poolside club, supernatural hangout, elixir consignment store, rebel hangout, university hangout, nerd shop, future lounge
Private venue: private venue, art gallery, fusion lounge, exclusive lounge, vampire lounge, horse ranch, gallery shop, bot emporium
Big show venue: big show venue

Yes, future lounge is considered live show venue, not private venue.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#7424 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Mods of mods.
Yes! There are Mad scientist who make such things.

So if, for example, one had the decrapped Indulgent Bakery, one could put Cupcake in the overrides folder?
Mad Poster
#7425 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 3:27 AM
What TS3 EP or SP has the highest system requirements?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 297 of 385