Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7351 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 7:02 PM
I thought it was funny that this site had such hiccup...so I clicked funny.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Instructor
#7352 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
In my defense Barbara, of course I didn't forget your real name. But your screen name here really could have gone either way as a pun of some kind or that could have been the coincidence that it turned out to be. Just like mine doesn't really have anything to do with gazing into people's eyes. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Wait, I always thought your name was pronounced like Igor but with a 'guz' sound in the middle.
MY LIFE IS A LIE
Mad Poster
#7353 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
Wait, I always thought your name was pronounced like Igor but with a 'guz' sound in the middle.

It is. The other I mentioned would be another example of a misinterpretation.
Scholar
#7354 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:38 PM
All I can think about now is Young Frahn-ken-steen and his assistant Eye-gor.
Scholar
#7355 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:38 AM
I know I can choose a new LTW with MC but is it possible to just remove the old want and wait for the sim to roll new ones? I have a child who, almost instantly after aging up, rolled the want for §50k. Her mother earned lots of money lately and now the want is fulfilled and the girl has still two days left before she becomes a teen. I'd rather have her choose the next want herself than try to come up with one for her.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Scholar
#7356 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:31 AM
There is a Lifetime Reward that allows you to pick a new Lifetime Want, but I think that disappears when the want is fulfilled.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7357 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:15 AM
I think that you're stuck with that now, as there doesn't seem to be a way to remove a locked LTW (whether fulfilled or not) and have that panel empty again.

But my question is how this happened to you at all. Children and teens normally don't have locked LTWs on their own; only users can decide to lock a LTW during regular game play and it is only after aging up to Young Adult that you are forced to definitely choose one.
Scholar
#7358 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:18 AM
Make a guess... I couldn't resist to lock it of course.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
#7359 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:38 AM
Ah, you made it sound as if it happened against your wish; so your current Me is unhappy with the decisions of your past Me? Well, that must suck then...

Your only option, I think, is now to simulate the rolling of the wish in your head yourself. The way teens and children roll LTWs is pretty predictable, though. First comes the range of LTWs that are tied to the Sim's traits, then during gameplay certain events trigger different wishes. Like, when they make a friend they are likely to roll the Super Popular LTW immediately after; when they visit the bistro chances are they want to become a five-star chef afterwards -- because of that that they will probably cycle through every available LTW so you're free to choose whatever you feel like anyway.
Scholar
#7360 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:42 PM
Then why are my child and teen sims constantly wishing to become acrobats or magicians?
Scholar
#7361 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Ah, you made it sound as if it happened against your wish; so your current Me is unhappy with the decisions of your past Me? Well, that must suck then...

I'm not actually unhappy with my choice but the LTW got fulfilled way too fast. I just find it pretty boring to play with a completed LTW (same in TS2), especially if the life is just at the beginning. I think I'll wait until she becomes a teen and gets another trait or maybe even until the 7-day moodlet wears off and see what wish may fit. She's insane so it's probably a strange one.

Scholar
#7362 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Then why are my child and teen sims constantly wishing to become acrobats or magicians?

I haven't had kids in households since I installed Showtime, but I know that kids generally, when they learn the Logic skill, wish up at least once to become a World Renown Surgeon.
#7363 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:01 PM
My Sim rolled the wish to "Be In A Fire". Are there any other scenarios that will fulfill this wish other than setting your house on fire with a fireplace or stove?
I already, just, tried inventing but that didn't work; he caught on fire, was rather happy about it (Pyromaniac and Daredevil traits) but the wish remained unfulfilled.
Site Helper
#7364 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 8:23 PM
I suppose you could try a fire blast from a witch...

If he's a pyromaniac he can ignite something expendable out in the back yard where the rest of the lot is not endangered, and then let it spread to himself. That might also work.

Or you can combine the 2 and have a witch set a bit of the back yard on fire. Bonus: you get insurance money from the "loss"

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#7365 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 3:37 PM
Is it okay to merge tuning packages? Say, I have a few that involve Generation Action tunes - no autonomous Read To Sleep; no autonomous Preside Over Court - would it be safe to merge those into one package? Or would that result in them not working anymore?
Top Secret Researcher
#7366 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Is it okay to merge tuning packages? Say, I have a few that involve Generation Action tunes - no autonomous Read To Sleep; no autonomous Preside Over Court - would it be safe to merge those into one package? Or would that result in them not working anymore?
Run Delphy's Sim3 dashboard. If it finds no conflicts, I don't see why not.

Sims are better than us.
#7367 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I suppose you could try a fire blast from a witch...

If he's a pyromaniac he can ignite something expendable out in the back yard where the rest of the lot is not endangered, and then let it spread to himself. That might also work.

Or you can combine the 2 and have a witch set a bit of the back yard on fire. Bonus: you get insurance money from the "loss"
No witch anywhere near, but I will keep that in mind.
For the time being I had to kill that wish because he rolled one to WooHoo with someone and I found that more commendable.

But, as an aside, I was never able to cause a real fire with the "Burn Something Nearby" command. Is that even possible?
Forum Resident
#7368 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:32 AM
My Sim just got a Wish to Own a Venue. I have Late Night installed. I know you can own property and all that jazz, but if I create a bar and he owns it, will he collect revenue from it? Do you just Collect it every week like other Real Estate? Does it generate anything at all? Thanks!

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
#7369 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 2:12 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 12th Feb 2018 at 5:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
My Sim just got a Wish to Own a Venue. I have Late Night installed. I know you can own property and all that jazz, but if I create a bar and he owns it, will he collect revenue from it? Do you just Collect it every week like other Real Estate? Does it generate anything at all? Thanks!
When it comes to revenue owning a lot works like owning a rabbithole building, you can collect money once a week every Monday from noon onwards.
For it to generate income at all, however, it has to have at least a 1-star rating (up to a maximum of 3-star), otherwise it will be considered "closed" and generate nothing. So, owning a bar works very much like owning a resort. The rating is dependent on overall lot value and certain objects that are required to be present on the lot. If you click on an owned venue the menu will tell you most of the information you need and allow you to enter Build/Buy mode straight from that menu if you want to make changes.
Since Island Paradise owning a venue comes with a new obligation, however. Items that break will remain broken unless you repair them and the clean-up routine at 3am on community lots will not apply to owned lots anymore. You'll have to check your bar now regularly and play the janitor - clean up left-over dishes, repair broken items and take out any trash lying around. If you own a library you will probably also have to place books back into shelves.

ETA: I learned that the hard way when my family bought the Toadstool bar in Moonlight Falls. All those blasted werewolves kept destroying the furniture and the only way to fix that was to replace the scratched furniture completely, which quickly ate into the expected revenue; plus it kept me busier than I wished.
#7370 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 2:14 PM
My own question: Is there a detailed and extensive guide/description around on how the roommate system works? Like, for example, what happens to roommates when I throw them out or end the roommate service? What happens to their family inventories when they move in and what happens to mine when they move out?
Mad Poster
#7371 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
My own question: Is there a detailed and extensive guide/description around on how the roommate system works? Like, for example, what happens to roommates when I throw them out or end the roommate service? What happens to their family inventories when they move in and what happens to mine when they move out?

As I understand it, Roommates are a subset of the homeless NPC class of sims in that they aren't really full-fledged town residents. They don't have a "real" household, so as far as I know they can't have a household inventory of their own. If they are tossed out, then they are just homeless sims wandering about and may leave the world/game entirely. If they have a job or a Role Sim slot or get added to the Service Sim pool, they may hang around and become more typical non-resident NPCs but I would regard them as volatile until or unless the player does something else with them.
#7372 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:14 PM
So this mean that when I ask another resident to be a roommate and they are in a multi-person household at the moment, they won't take any funds from their current household, will become homeless as soon as I throw them out, and I can only add them back to the world with MC's AddSim?
Mad Poster
#7373 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:21 PM
Even if the roommate to be has no real use for it because the game will take care of their financial needs, whether they run away with "their fair share" of funds from the source household in that case I think might depend on whether StoryProgression and/or NRaas Mover are used and what their settings are, so actually I'm not really sure. That would be interesting to test but I bet the results will be different in different environments.

The rest of that sounds right, yes. Or if not MC's Add Sim, they could be asked to move in or become a roommate again by another household you are playing actively through social interactions, if you catch them soon enough.
#7374 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:25 PM
And how high is the risk that enabling roommates will bork my game, especially when I switch households on a daily basis? Butlers, for example, will leave for good after a while when I do that. Roommates are like permanent guests, aren't they?
Mad Poster
#7375 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:40 PM
Funny, I read that as "permanent pests" at first and was about to hit the Agree button.

As I recall, you are not using NRaas StoryProgression? Left up to EA Standard, again afraid I'm not really sure. I think roommates are more stable than that, Butlers are really Service Sims on more of what we would call a temporary assignment. I don't recall any roommates evaporating on me as I rotate active play around, but not sure how much of that stability SP is really responsible for. I did just have one mysteriously become a member of the actively being played household when I never issued any such instruction, but that was going to happen at some point with this one anyway so I just played through it.

It might be good to hear from others as to what their experiences have been.
Page 295 of 385