Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Adult skills for children

by Peterskywalker! Posted 24th Nov 2016 at 12:31 AM - Updated 12th Jul 2023 at 2:25 PM by Peterskywalker!

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Michael_vx
looks like its not working with game version 1.48.94.1020
all packs included in game

I check it and it seems to be working fine.

Did you download the latest version posted on December 2nd?

If not one of your other mods may be conflicting
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 12:09 AM
This mod should be compatible with the current February patch
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 12:04 AM
I have seasons which adds in the ability to sing but not the singing skill (don't remember what pack that's from). with this mod my game starts to glitch out (the skill panel stops working) after my sims start singing :/ I had to take out the mod and resave the game in order for the the glitch to go away.
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 6:41 PM
Huh...so I downloaded the mod, put the file in my mods folder and literally nothing happens or changes. The game acknowledges that the mod was installed when booting up the game, but nothing changes at all. I even removed all my other mods to see if it was a conflict. The file simply does nothing for me. Any thoughts?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 9:08 PM
Hey do you ever plan on updating this? Thanks
Test Subject
#56 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 4:00 PM
Love this mod but I think it needs updating
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerSummerSandy
Love this mod but I think it needs updating

Still works for me. What seems to be he problem.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 5th May 2020 at 12:34 AM
For some reason, this mod glitches out my UI randomly by removing portraits and the ability to interact or click, causing it to be unplayable. I have to boot up the game again to fix it. It also makes the skills of one of my sims not show up at all. The problem is fixed by taking this mod out. I checked to see if there was any conflicts and it doesn't seem like there would be any as this is the only mod I have that affects skills.
Test Subject
#59 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 1:15 PM
Hello
since the update of June 20, 2020 the mod no longer works with me whereas before it worked very well. I have all the packs and am up to date with EA
Test Subject
#60 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 1:45 PM
Can you post a mod where in after child sims max out their motor skill, they can unlock the fitness skill? I tried this mod but then it kept on gaining all of the skills.
Test Subject
#61 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 3:30 AM
Default September update
hiiiiiii, does anyone know if this mod are working with the new September update/patch 1.66.139.1020 ?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 10:24 PM
I'm just added it and it does indeed seem to be working. I haven't gotten any LE's or anything so fingers crossed
Test Subject
#63 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 1:59 AM
The mod is working, but there is a glitch preventing the skill section from coming up... I can't track the skill level my sims are at, which is very frustrating. This glitch is fixed by taking the mod out, but I really wish I could use it !
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 1:42 AM
Thanks for this! Is it working with patch 1.70 update? Thanks again!
Test Subject
#65 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 3:14 AM Last edited by embersshadow : 4th Mar 2021 at 9:16 PM.
Hi! I was just wondering if you could detail a bit of what kids can and can't do with the gardening skill. The description says they can't do "most" things, but... what can they do? Harvest? Water? Weed?

Edit: From my gameplay, it doesn't let my kids do any of those things.
Test Subject
#66 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 10:54 PM
this seems to conflict with srslysims cooking overhaul and also makes it so my skill panel cant pop up with it in. its sad because i really like this mod, but unfortunately had to take it out :c
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by embersshadow
Hi! I was just wondering if you could detail a bit of what kids can and can't do with the gardening skill. The description says they can't do "most" things, but... what can they do? Harvest? Water? Weed?

Edit: From my gameplay, it doesn't let my kids do any of those things.

kids can't do anything with the garden skill. However Ferdiana has made a mod where kids can garden over here
https://www.patreon.com/posts/realistic-kids-41547853

That mod and minie conflict because that mod also allows kids to gain gardening skill, but it shouldn't cause a problem since we edit it the same way.
Test Subject
#68 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 4:38 AM
Hi, I'm enjoying this mod but it's very hard to make my child build selvadoradian culture skill, because all the specific socials for that skill are still hidden. She could start it by eating the local food and viewing Madre Cosecha's statue, but without the socials it's really slow and tedious to make it progress. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 10:15 PM
Thanks for helping make kids more self-sufficient if they need to be. It really helps storylines when the parent is a deadbeat.

When/if possible, please look at outdated Dr. Chillgood's mod and consider updating? Kids were able to pay bills and care for babies in that one, and it has been abandoned. Lots of simmers remember taking care of their younger siblings and helping out at home.

Blessings,
MissCee
Test Subject
#70 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 1:23 AM Last edited by kalmobotti : 3rd Mar 2022 at 9:45 PM.
Would it be possible to separate out the pack-specific content into separate files? Currently it's liable to cause errors to anyone who doesn't have all packs for all pack-specific skills, which is pretty miserable seeing as the base concept of the mod doesn't require any pack-specific content as far as I can tell. And personally, I prefer this mod over the other somewhat similar ones, since it does seem to be the most extensive such mod.

I'd just edit the mod mysef for my own personal use but I'd definitely miss some tunings I'd need to remove to make it compatible with my game, so I'd rather someone who properly knows what they're doing did it instead :P
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 13th Aug 2023 at 5:05 PM
I can see why since they update this mod might be outdated, but I still wish EA had allowed MORE skills to be learned by children. They've unlocked SOME, but things like fitness, painting, cooking, and many others were left out for some reason. Would love to see some kind of mod that worked with the new update, but included more things!
Page 3 of 3