Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 1:47 AM Last edited by LemonSalty : 17th Apr 2016 at 9:12 PM.
Default How to make a functional object or animation help ?:]
Hey, I hope I am writing this in the right place & if I am not apologies for this . I tried to convert a sims 4 grand piano to sims2 ,the problem is the mesh along with textures came all fine but the animations are all messed up.

It's like in sims 2 the sim will play the piano from the east side but as the grand piano is facing the west side ,hence when the sim goes to play the piano it's like weird animation. Any insights on this would be really helpful . Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 2:33 AM
Your piano should be in the same spot, facing the same direction as the piano you cloned.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 6:13 AM
is there a way to fix that ?and ahh! I was racking my head so hard for it thanks
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 6:37 AM
You cloned a piano to make yours, correct? (I'll assume you did, lol.) You'd need to extract that mesh in SimPE and put it in your meshing program. Then import your mesh, so both meshes are there. Then move your mesh parts around until they're in the same position. (Since the parts of each mesh will have the same name, you can select all the parts of the piano you cloned and regroup them. Since you don't need that mesh for anything more than positioning your mesh. Do this before importing your mesh.)
I'm not sure if a piano has joints or not. If so, the process is a little bit different. You can check to see if it does by clicking on the "joints" tab in SimPE. If there is anything listed there, the process is a little different. So if there is just let me know and I'll walk you through it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 8:14 AM
Thanks mustluvcatz that really fixed it :] and naah there were no joints so less work for me haha >.< '''. just need to get the placement correct .Was just wondering is there a way to brighten an object when creating them?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 11:27 AM
Well I hit a snag, the piano keys are way off the alignment
Screenshots
Alchemist
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 2:51 PM
You can use pretty much any photo editing program to lighten the textures.

Looks like your new piano is taller than the original. Bring your new mesh and guide mesh back into your meshing program and edit your new mesh to line the keys up at the right position. The stool seems fine, so you wouldn't have to scale that part (I'm not sure if its on its own mesh or, or if you'd have to split it into its own subset).
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 3:04 PM
When you say brighten, do you mean the texture itself? Or is there shadowy areas on your mesh in your meshing program?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 3:09 PM
naah I meant brighten the texture birdbrain here >.<. ye I fig the mesh piano is too tall is there a way to decrease the height in milkshape? thou on a side note can shadows be manipulated so that the object has more light?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 5:54 PM
You can scale your mesh height-wise two ways: 1) using "scale" on the "y" coordinate (and then you'd have to move you mesh back down); or, 2) selecting all vertices but the very bottom of the legs (but not the stool since that's fine) and using "move" to move it all down a bit on the "y" coordinate.

Your shadows question: Not the shadows themselves as far as I know. Pixelhate has articles about the TXMT here at MTS that may be of use to you. (Can't get links at the moment, I think you can find the articles if you check his profile.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 9:02 PM
If I get this right I need to separate the keys + dash board thou keep intact the stool and the legs rite?.Ahh I see I am search what tutorials I can find on TXMT.really appreciate the help and insights on so many things :D. On an another note while building dxt, SimPE would just give notification that the image is way off the hats?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 2:51 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 5th Apr 2016 at 3:37 AM.
You'll want all of the parts of your piano to be in the same position as the parts of the piano you cloned. I think I've misunderstood your question. The screenshot you posted in an earlier post wasn't there yesterday?? Now that I've seen it - you'll want to lower the top of the piano and the keys. You can do that by selecting the piano, including the keys - but DON'T select the very ends of the legs. Lower it on the y (which is up and down) axis until the keys of your mesh meet up with the keys of the piano.you cloned.

The image: it's probably the wrong size. TS2 textures/images need to be certain sizes. If you take a look at the mipmaps of the original texture in SimPE you'll see that they're 256x256, or 512x512. That doesn't mean that your texture can't be a smaller or bigger size, it can. If a texture is 256x256, you can make your texture 512x512.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 8:30 PM Last edited by LemonSalty : 6th Apr 2016 at 4:48 PM.
Well I dunno if its right now and all xD Thanks mustluvcatz ,because of your wonder advice think I am getting somewhere lol .haha~ >_<''' .Think am almost there just need patience to fix the toes of the piano ^-^ {if you don't mind could you check and see if its okay except the toes I need to work on them }
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Feona.zip (30.3 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 8:01 PM
Finally done.I was going about it the wrong way initially D: .But fig it out
Screenshots
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#15 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 8:28 PM
Sorry, I wasn't online much yesterday and didn't see your post. BUT!! You figured it out and got it done! Yay! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 7:54 AM
I kn hehe Many thanks to you and your advises ^=^. another query sometimes when you make a mesh of a computer, its shows texture but when you apply it to the object and put it in game it shows the screen as hollow any ups? D: