Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:33 AM
Default Today is the day! Sims 4 release!
Today is the day when Sims 4 gets released in the US (and many other countries, but not here in EU yet...). I hope you are looking forward to the game, even with it's differences from TS3 and TS2.

If you want to join in the discussion, have a look at our Discussion forums here. If you need help (please remember this is a brand new game!) click here.

I hope you enjoy your game!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
6 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Today is the day when Sims 4 gets released in the US (and many other countries, but not here in EU yet...). I hope you are looking forward to the game, even with it's differences from TS3 and TS2.

If you want to join in the discussion, have a look at our Discussion forums here. If you need help (please remember this is a brand new game!) click here.

I hope you enjoy your game!

Can't wait for release in EU!
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:49 PM
well i can't wait even its downgrade from sims 3 XD
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 3:32 PM
been playing it for a few hours. The new layout for everything is taking me forever to get used to
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kane1
been playing it for a few hours. The new layout for everything is taking me forever to get used to

Me too. THAT SAID, it's been fun thus far.

I wouldn't even try, but I think you could save my life.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:39 PM
I love it, I may be the only one XD but I do, stuff is missing but eh I trust the community to fix the errors it can and EA to eventually fix the ones the community can't fix XD mostly ^_^ and even if nothing does I love it it's funny
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:20 PM
It's very different...Gah, no emo boy hairstyles, hair mesh creators, I can't wait to see those so I can make my Zexion again! Games fun, I love the house building. It doesn't lag as much as any of my other sims games either~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:27 PM
As I predicted: A stable game that doesn't lag so much. I knew there would be things people would like about it.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 7:01 AM Last edited by mhahse57 : 3rd Sep 2014 at 7:14 AM. Reason: Grammar corrections
Default Touchscreens not showing the Mouse Pointer: Solution
I have a touch screen computer with Windows 8.1 and had a problem of the screen whirling when I tried to detail a new sim, etc, in CAS, or even move an object in build mode. Worse, the mouse pointer was non-existent! I could only use the touch screen, which in game is very inefficient. I figured a few of you with late model computers might be having the same issue. My game in build/CAS, and Live runs fine now--here is the fix:

While the game is loading (all the funny animations, etc.) tap the tilda in the upper right corner of your screen to open the menu. Tap on Game Options/Display. Change the setting from "Fullscreen" to either "Windowed" or "Windowed Fullscreen" That will restore the mouse pointer, and make building houses, creating characters, and navigating the game much easier.

Happy Simming, All!

Michele

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture your creation as you would a child, then share it with others, and enrich this world we humans call Planet Earth.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 1:32 AM
I don't like it... it's more cartooney, less controls for creating sims....
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:31 AM
Pretty much in love with this game so far. The build tools are pretty nice. The Sim customization is good too but they lack in clothes and hair (but I know they'll have tons of EP's to make up for it). All around it compares to the Sims 2 base game and Sims 3 base game nicely. The unlockables and actual look and atmosphere of the game reminds me of the Sims games for console which I love also. They also have the files all set up for modders.... soooo I can't wait to load this game up with stuff too!!!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:20 PM
So far i love the game sims 4 thanks goiod for now learn lesson,best in sims2 and best sims 3 now i love it see im burn my self cooking kkkk Me burn my self
View My Video
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by greathorndowl
I don't like it... it's more cartooney, less controls for creating sims....

I agree it is more "cartooney," but the CAS is awesome. There are so many ways to pull and tug to make that perfect sim. Overall, I like the game, with the exception of the demonic noodle babies. o_o
Instructor
#14 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MuseMeMelpomene
I agree it is more "cartooney," but the CAS is awesome. There are so many ways to pull and tug to make that perfect sim. Overall, I like the game, with the exception of the demonic noodle babies. o_o

Yeah, I bet we'll see even more amazing sims for download with that feature.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:22 PM
it better turn up tomorrow - thats all I can say!!! knowing my luck it'll turn up late and then it'll be really busy at work so I can't skive!!

Waiting for Sims4 so I can go all Halliwell again!!
Scholar
#16 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:37 AM
Hi all! I look forward to seeing you, our dear mad scientists, creating mods and new stuff. AND: A good guide for dummies.... I still don't figure out how to really take control of this monster. They say:" Intuitive", I, poor stupid person, would better say: "Big intuitive headache"....

Honestly, this game looks beautiful, with plenty of new interesting features: For example shiftable windows and possibility to resize objects. I think that after some time and practice I'll love it, but for now I am learning, learning...learning !

There is one thing that I really miss from Sims 3: Color wheel and patterns. The missing "create a style" tool is, on my eyes, a big step backwards. Hopefully the new features will compensate this lack.

Happy Sims 2, 3, 4 simming !
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:51 AM
Amazing!

I grew up in a family that had all the expansions for The Sims 1 and bought TSO when it arrived. Fun times... I never played The Sims 2 though(or 3 for that matter)!!! Just got the entire collection a month or two ago. Have been loving it, decided tonight to finally spoil myself with mods and what do ya know, The Sims 4 is out....

Looks like I might have to buy a new game haha.
Instructor
#18 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:00 PM
Wow, I need to google for some in-game screenshots! I can't believe it is already out!

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Scholar
#19 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:15 PM
I have preordered the official prima guide and today Amazon sent me an email to let me know that the release of the guide was postponed til 23 september.
Instructor
#20 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mehrlicht
I have preordered the official prima guide and today Amazon sent me an email to let me know that the release of the guide was postponed til 23 september.

I don't know the exact reason why the guide would have been delayed.
But, it doesn't surprise me -- any guide released on launch day -- would most certainly need an updated version to be released later.
This would account for any mistakes, in printing (ie data does not match in-game data or vice versa) .. and allows them a few weeks to make
tweaks.
This has happended to me, I think, with oblivion and skyrim -- having certain pages with incorrect information.
And appraently the guide, for those games, were printed well be before launch -- and last minute changes were made to the game.

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:06 AM
I've only played the create a sim demo, that origin has. I can't wait to get the game, hopefully by tomorrow! Excited to try this! It does look quite cartoony as I saw stated in a previous post, but I'm sure with the great modders here some of that may change, and I still think the style looks interesting
Instructor
#22 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:29 PM
It may be cartoony, but it must have more exciting features!

By the way, for all the people who have played it, is it like a world where you can walk like in Sims 3, or is it like sims 2?

My Tumblr
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 3:29 PM
I personally don't like The Sims 4...
It haves no Open Worlds...
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 4:20 PM
I am one of those who didn't like TS3 and still happily plays TS2. I'll wait some time before I'll buy it, I want to know what people think of it
Scholar
#25 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:43 AM
Hi all, the prima guide was realeased. I received today early a new email from Amazon: The book was shipped. I appreciate having such a guide for a new Sims game, because it's easy to read while playing, unlike a digital guide.
Have a nice day.
Page 1 of 2