Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Hanging with the Gnomies
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 8:29 PM Last edited by whiterider : 23rd Mar 2011 at 1:19 AM.
Default Sims Medieval - Out now (or soon!) - PLUS, patch notes for Sims Medieval patch 1.1
Medieval is now out in some places, and out soon in all the rest!

We have a new forum for discussion of Medieval: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=640 ... so if you've got your copy and want to share your thoughts or just arrrgghhh over how you don't have yours yet, there's the place to do it!

And just as a side note... Conversions from TS3 to Medieval or Medieval to TS3 will not be allowed on MTS - EA does not allow conversions from one game to another, so without written permission from EA to convert, modders will not be allowed to upload such items here. Please do not discuss or link to such conversions, as we like to stay on good terms with EA. Thanks!

Regarding custom content made for Medieval, we're still looking into what custom content will/may be possible, so we don't yet have anywhere to upload custom items from Medieval until we know what might be able to be done. Stay tuned!

And yes, that's right - EA have released a patch before even releasing the game in most places. Oh yes.

Click the button to see the patch notes for Medieval patch 1.1, courtesy of simprograms.com:
8 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 8:48 PM
Hmmm. I get the "You don't have access" message whenever I try to visit the new forum via any links, and it's not showing up on the main page. Is that just me?

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 8:51 PM
I just tried and it worked for me, kiwi_tea. By clicking the link and checking the Sims Discussion menu.

Thanks, Gnome. I think I have some of your relatives living in my garden
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 8:56 PM
I'm getting the "You don't have access" message as well.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 11:50 PM
Downloads
Since this is a "stand alone"
Does anyone know if there will be download items for this one?
Such as Sims, lots, Programs and Utilities, Body Shop ETC

or will we just have to play the game as is...
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pattiepicc
Since this is a "stand alone"
Does anyone know if there will be download items for this one?
Such as Sims, lots, Programs and Utilities, Body Shop ETC

or will we just have to play the game as is...

I'm sure there will be. When has EA not taken the opportunity to milk a game for all its worth by putting overpriced stuff in the EA store? My guess: medieval hair. Each age is a separate download, and they're not familified. ;p

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 10:55 PM
I'd laugh if somebody created some CC that was recent. Thus, you can make a story where somebody from the future is magically transported back to the medieval times. That'd be cool.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Gnome
EA does not allow conversions from one game to another

Huh. Is this a new thing? I've seen plenty of TS2->TS3 conversions on this very site.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 6:46 AM
Specifically within the same "group" - so TS2 games and the spin offs (pet stories etc) is a no-no but TS2 to TS3 and back is not an issue for EA as far as I know. So as TSM is very similar to the TS2> Life Stories/castaway subgroup as far as TS3 is concerned, then TSM > TS3 will probably cause EA to send MTS a cease and desist notice.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:27 PM
DO NOT TOUCH THAT PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! It borked my game, making it so whenever i clicked any sim's portrait, it crashed. Wait for EA to fix it first.
#11 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 4:14 AM
Same for me. It made it so when I clicked the options button, it shrunk down and crashed after right clicking on anything. Reinstalled without patch, haven't had a problem since.
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 5:44 PM
Typical, they release a patch to fix problems left in the actual game only to end up making more problems. Another EA story.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#13 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 5:50 PM
I installed, patched to 1.1.10, played with no problems...aside from an unfortunate tendency to develop watcher's vertigo.
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 6:52 PM Last edited by leesester : 28th Apr 2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: remove spam link
well, I still have the same problem with the others. I also got the message "You do not have access". What shall I do? Can you help me? thanks
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 10:36 PM
"Conversions from TS3 to Medieval or Medieval to TS3 will not be allowed on MTS."

"Specifically within the same "group" - so TS2 games and the spin offs (pet stories etc) is a no-no but TS2 to TS3 and back is not an issue for EA as far as I know. So as TSM is very similar to the TS2> Life Stories/castaway subgroup as far as TS3 is concerned, then TSM > TS3 will probably cause EA to send MTS a cease and desist notice."

So, would it be bad to convert from TSM> TS2? Or should I just go ahead and ask EA for permission?
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 11:32 PM
Quick question, will the No-mosaic for Sims3 work on Sims3 medieval. Sorry if this has been asked before
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#17 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 12:43 AM
Why not use the no mosaic in the Mods thread in the Medieval section?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.