Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1306
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 2081 times.
Search this Thread
Old 31st Aug 2017, 2:18 AM DefaultGraphical Change while Roofing - What am I doing wrong? #1
jonas3333
Original Poster

Field Researcher

3 Achievements

Hi. I must be messing something up while trying to build this porch and thought I'd ask you all if you know a way around it. The porch gable looks fine until I add the octagonal roofing above it and then it tears out. Here's some before and after pics that show the issue:

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't recall having this problem before. Is it just going to do this no matter what?

Thanks for lookin'!
Old 31st Aug 2017, 8:35 PM #2
sweetdevil
Top Secret Researcher

15 Achievements

That happens to me too sometimes, along with part of the support walls disappearing. I guess certain types of roofs really don't like being near each other. The only ways I know of to fix this would be to adjust the height of the roofs until the hole is no longer visible, or try another roof style.

I also have a Simblr: sweetdevil-sims, where I post downloads!
If you have concerns about my stuff, please PM me! I see PMs much faster than thread comments :)
pocci/gardenbreeze CC reupload
Old 31st Aug 2017, 10:41 PM #3
Lyralei
MakeNeedsStaticOn

8 Achievements

Moved to building!
Old 1st Sep 2017, 1:56 PM #4
Volvenom
dodgy builder

17 Achievements

View My Journal

There has been some threads in the forum you've been moved to, but I can only suggest you search in this forum for it. From what I remember the suggestions had more to do with rebuilding than actually fixing anything.

What I would do though, was to perhaps put up tge roofs in a different way. Start at the top or something.

Section jump: