Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1623
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 2748 times.
Search this Thread
Old 9th Apr 2017, 5:13 AM DefaultMy friend's computer specs. #1
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

So my friend bought a new laptop, in hope of being able to play Minecraft and TS4...(I'll try tempting him with TS2, if I can..lol)
Anyway, he is experiencing lag, and slowlinesses, and no games are yet installed. So I am wondering what you guys think about the specs he now has.
I was not with him when he bought it, but apparently his bro is a computer savvy and told him.."You'll be fine with this"...*I* am not so sure. Please, could you give your opinion ?.
Thank you

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Old 9th Apr 2017, 1:24 PM #2
Nysha
Née whiterider

36 Achievements

View My Journal

If he's having slowness without even playing games, then the specs aren't the issue. It's an HP, so chances are it's chock full of bloatware - the first thing he should do is go through and uninstall any preloaded stuff that he doesn't need. He should also make sure he's running a good antivirus, not something like Norton or McAfee which will suck up system resources without doing anything useful.

I would also seriously consider contacting the vendor about this. If you buy a new laptop, it should run smoothly. If it's not running smoothly, then it has been configured wrong - and especially if he's not much of a techie himself, he's probably better off getting a refund or replacement, rather than trying to battle through the issues himself.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Old 9th Apr 2017, 7:39 PM #3
Rosebine
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Thank you Nysha, I just read it to him.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Section jump: