Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1597
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 1442 (Who?), Viewed: 70479 times.
Search this Thread
Old 15th Nov 2017, 6:25 PM #1426
Gargoyle Cat
Top Secret Researcher

1 Achievements

We're playing Secret Santa this year to two small children. Even though my days for buying for this age ended a long time ago, I'm so bad about it. I go in the store and want one of everything. I'm going to have to figure out what I want before shopping day.

There's no rest for the wicked
Old 15th Nov 2017, 9:06 PM #1427
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
We're playing Secret Santa this year to two small children. Even though my days for buying for this age ended a long time ago, I'm so bad about it. I go in the store and want one of everything. I'm going to have to figure out what I want before shopping day.

Prior to my father's disillusionment with the church, I was employed in such secret Santa activity with my parents of not only buying and wrapping gift for one of the families in need, but also delivery of gifts for another. This was one tradition that went on for about 3 years until my father became upset with how to interface with God.

But yes, I have participated in Secret Santa in the past. As much as I despise the pomp and circumstances (I rather be straight up honest with people), I helped my parents in charity events.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Old 15th Nov 2017, 11:12 PM #1428
Gargoyle Cat
Top Secret Researcher

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
Prior to my father's disillusionment with the church, I was employed in such secret Santa activity with my parents of not only buying and wrapping gift for one of the families in need, but also delivery of gifts for another. This was one tradition that went on for about 3 years until my father became upset with how to interface with God.

But yes, I have participated in Secret Santa in the past. As much as I despise the pomp and circumstances (I rather be straight up honest with people), I helped my parents in charity events.

We don't mind doing it. I've put gift boxes together for people I know in the past and never got as much of a thank you. Instead they spent their time arguing about who was going to get what the following year. Needless to say, the 'following year' never came as I stopped doing it. The donations in this case are local and if I can make a 1-year old happy ( this year it will be (2) 1-year olds) so be it. A couple pairs of slippers and 2 teddy bears are not a budget breaker.

Twice a year we also participate in the local food drive that feeds elderly people for the most part.

Old 16th Nov 2017, 6:23 PM #1429
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Mostly still calculating cost for my parents' gifts.

Now...I usually give my parents the same amount in terms of costs. My mother asked for (a) physical gift(s) and my father wanted a gift card to Amazon.

Keep in mind I only have so much to work with.

Did any remember me getting a Nintendo Switch for my birthday? Well, you'd also know that, due to the situation and cost, I am SOOL because I had to waive major gifts for Christmas 2017 and receive small gifts to open Christmas morning. Our observed Hanukkah means small gifts too, but kicking off the 12 Days of Christmas and leading into Epiphany means it's pointless to have Advent calendars because I spend 5 weeks of small gifts.

Aside from the traditions, the fact my mother tracked absences of gifts alarms me. Knowing her, she probably wants cat humor books and a plush of Grumpy Cat

I'm buying her gifts first. Then I will check the price and buy his gift in the total amount.

However, I may have to drop things out of mom's load if it becomes too much and equalized dad's card.

HOW DO YOU GUYS DO THIS EVERY YEAR?

Then again, my mother had considered buying a 5 pound gummy bear just to see me bite its head off.

The holidays can be a nightmare for me because gift giving is my weakest suit.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Old 16th Nov 2017, 7:05 PM #1430
Gargoyle Cat
Top Secret Researcher

1 Achievements

Would it be acceptable to be a hermit until after the new year?

We did our usual Thursday thing. What should have taken about a hour and half took 3 hours because all the stupid people were out in force. They make my frickin' head hurt.

Now I get to toss a chili in the slow cooker, then rot in front of my game for a few hours. It has been a few weeks, the house is clean and the pets are taken care of. I'm not doing anything remotely constructive for the rest of the day.

Old 17th Nov 2017, 3:49 PM #1431
Gargoyle Cat
Top Secret Researcher

1 Achievements

You know it is going to be a good weekend when your spouse ( husband in my case) and son are at each others throats first thing over if the dog was brought out or not. Oy! From there it turned into whether The Boy should be on the computer in the morning, ect... Hubby should take his own advice. I threatened to take the sledge hammer to his X-Box last weekend as he was making everything far more complicated than it had to be.

Hubby is on vacation next week. If the two of them think they are going to spend a entire week fighting, they've got another thing coming. I stayed out of it this morning, but that will not always be the case if they continue.

Old 17th Nov 2017, 4:46 PM #1432
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Well, I found out my father had a $25 limit for his and mom's gift. Well, that cuts $183 out of the budget.

I have been known to overdo things and I am actually glad I can live on this decision.

Also, if I end up in Norway, remind me to avoid the raspeballer dish. Someone told me of their experience and the taste was extremely salty that it hurt her gums. (Her personal extreme was eat food spicy enough to make people used to Indian food ask her to dial it down)

Personally, I have a thing for sour candy that was strong enough to reduce you to tears.

In retrospect, maybe not knowing of raspeballer would be better.

We're expecting a relative to come by today to pick up her medical papers.

I also realized I have a ton of movies, seasons of long-running shows and complete series set for shows 7 seasons or shorter in my wishlist. Personally, if this turns into that Twilight Zone episode where I have time to watch, but my distance glasses break... it's not a pretty picture when I scream nonsense of kicking the universe in the nuts.

I recently decided to buy more silicone molds.

In my cart.

I have 3 trays that are Sailor Moon related. 1 of Luna's face, 1 of the front bow and 1 of the Dream Arc brooch.

I have a fishbone mold that reminds me of the Fish Heads song.

A tray of ice octopi.

3 of various Angels from Neon Genesis Evangelion. As zany as I might seem, in my teen years, when I was in junior high, I used to watch Evangelion and for an odd reason, it spoke to me and Shinji was actually that scared, trapped personality I hid from my peers. I also dealt with a certainty so obtuse kind of feeling I couldn't shake until I grew older

P.S. The late Robin Williams, not only was a fan of Evangelion, but also the Legend of Zelda and named his daughter after the eponymous royal.

Other items include

Today was off in some regards, but I at least discussed major issues affecting local farmland with my aunt Mary.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 18th Nov 2017 at 5:02 AM.
Old 19th Nov 2017, 3:16 PM #1433
Gargoyle Cat
Top Secret Researcher

1 Achievements

It is gray, rainy and crappy out. I feel like going back to bed as all my joints hurt for whatever reason.

I've been watching YT videos where people are excited about decorating for Christmas. I haven't been hyped over decorating for Christmas for a long time. I do it, but it isn't because I enjoy it. My son is grown up and doesn't care if there is a tree or nah. Hubby likes to use it as a nightlight in the man cave, but other that, it's just a thing to do once a year. Since we don't have cats anymore, we could bring the tree upstairs, but that isn't happening. I'll get stuck bringing everything up and down stairs which I'm not willing to do.

Old 19th Nov 2017, 4:31 PM #1434
frogz2007
Inventor

1 Achievements

I'm doing great! I am just anxiously waiting for a response from someone who is going to (hopefully) be able to find and send me a file which will finish one of my current projects.
Old 19th Nov 2017, 7:49 PM #1435
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Got roped into Secret Santa once again. The last times my mother did this, she bought for toddlers. I found it painful to the point I was going to ask my dentist to replace my teeth with all false implants.

This time around, we shopped for an 11 year old. We got her a board game, a doll and some pajamas.

However, I hate shopping with my mother because she goes to random departments and trying to catch up with her turns into a rather off-kilter game of cat and mouse.

However, she did buy me a gift for Christmas and a gift of new shoes that fit.

Old 19th Nov 2017, 9:42 PM #1436
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Argh! My day was terrible for the most part. Work really stressed me out, and I had a headache for two days straight. Now I have statistics homework - I'm hoping it's not as terrible as last weeks, but she said that was "one of the hardest piece of homework" she'll ever give us... (Why give such a hard piece of homework when we have midterms?!)

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM #1437
ribbonista
Instructor

i'm hungry and i need to pee

simblr: ribbonistasims
Old Yesterday, 5:02 PM #1438
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

In complete honesty, I'm probably going to spend Thanksgiving eating instant\microwaveable meals, watching science documentaries and during commercial breaks, surf on my smartphone phone for possible deals because I rarely eating food associated with Thanksgiving. If anything, I should be served eel sushi of either type. Or a venison steak. (Such meat is the actual meat served at the 1621 dinner)

(We have an out of control deer population problem in my neck of the woods, only exacerbated by lack of hunting or the practice of chemical castration of a population of males just isn't practiced. But we do have a specialty butcher that butchers deer in the same community neighborhood as my doctors' office. But instances of large roadkill is up and chances of getting gored by The Forest Prince is a likely threat if you venture out into the woods.)

However, judging by today's agenda, there may be a change in medicine. I have a feeling that this weird rare sleep habit, which, if I told you, it would sound like an Ambien mishap, might see an eradication if they adjust it to help.

Not exactly thrilled about therapy day, but at least it beats the hell out of what Thanksgiving has to offer for me this year.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 5:26 PM.
Old Yesterday, 5:47 PM #1439
velvetina
Instructor

I somehow destroyed my bed by just sitting on it? I'm not even fat!

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Old Yesterday, 6:36 PM #1440
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetina

When did you buy that bed?

Old Today, 2:42 AM #1441
velvetina
Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
When did you buy that bed?

It's probably older than I am, so it must be over 18 years old. Buuuut... I managed to repair it. A piece of it somehow got loose and fell off, so I just put it back. It took me some time, because it's made of very hard wood, but I managed to put it back to how it was before. I think I did a better job than whoever mounted it before. Why was it so shaky?

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Old Today, 10:29 AM #1442
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetina

My bed has dip in the middle from where I sit down after a long day at work. I really shouldn't full on collapse on my bed like that but I still do, to the point where the right side of my bed is no longer usable because if I sleep on it, I roll straight out of bed and on the floor. So now I sleep on the left side.

One more day until I move out, and buy a new bed

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old Today, 3:08 PM #1443
Gargoyle Cat
Top Secret Researcher

1 Achievements

Considering how I thought this week was going to go, I've been pleasantly surprised. Hubby and The Boy have gotten over their male PMS, so peace and quiet has returned.

I'm still not awake, but I want to get at least some grocery shopping done today. We have a tiny list so it shouldn't be a big deal. I'm not going anywhere on Friday, so if we forget something, we can get it tomorrow or it can wait. I want nothing to do with Black Friday. People are irritating enough on a normal day, I'm not dealing with the BS that comes with the supposed greatest shopping day of the year. It really isn't as stuff goes on sale all the time, but people like to tell themselves that they are saving money.

For those in the US, use the sales cycle to your benefit. The site linked about price matching with coupons, but you don't have to use them.

Section jump: