Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1597
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 402 (Who?), Viewed: 82754 times.
Search this Thread
Old 23rd Oct 2017, 11:52 PM #401
simmer22
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Last summer/autumn I finally had a large scale binge watching of Star Trek (original, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and the fan show Star Trek Continues, the 3 new Star Trek movies, plus a few other random Star Trek inspired shows, a bunch of ST Youtube videos, and whatever whatnots that's mildly ST themed, such as YT clips from behind the scenes and cast videos from Cons), so you may consider that a new obscession of mine. However, I was going to watch ST Discovery, but from all the clips I've seen so far I'm honestly not sure I'll like it as much as the rest of the Star Trek serials since it's miles away even from the tone of the new movies, let alone from the original idea around ST. I have watched the two first episodes, and while mildly entertaining, I didn't manage to feel anything for the characters, mostly because I found them either too annoying or too bland, sometimes even a mix of the two, with no real personality. I'll probably end up watching it at some point, but it's not a series I feel I'll miss at this moment. ST Discovery seems more like yet another generic space movie than actual Star Trek.

That's probably why I'm finding The Orville quite entertaining, because it feels more like the earlier Star Trek. The stories are mostly good, and several of the characters are interesting and have quite a lot of personality. I don't even mind the bad jokes (some are awful, others are absolutely hilarious - but I'm not too picky when it comes to humor, so most of the jokes gain a chuckle at the very least). I also look forward to each new episode.

I'm also watching various DC and Marvel series (Inhumans, Arrow, Flash, Legends and Supergirl), a couple of medical drama shows, OUAT, Shannara, and a few others.
Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Oct 2017 at 12:07 AM.
Old 28th Oct 2017, 1:34 AM #402
chakwaina
Test Subject

paranormal lockdown
Old 29th Oct 2017, 3:15 PM #403
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I can't believe I've been on this site all these years and just discovered this page!

I binged the second season of Stranger Things yesterday. Wow,wow, wow. Too good.

I also watch the Walking Dead, the Middle, and Leah Rimini and the Aftermath of Scientology. If anyone wants to discuss those, I'm your girl.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."

Section jump: