Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1298
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 1612 times.
Search this Thread
Old 2nd Sep 2017, 2:17 AM DefaultSmall Question About Residential Lots #1
nitromon
Original Poster

Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Whenever I make a residential lot, I never pay attention to it when I'm completed. It just lets me buy the lot when I move in a household fully furnished. I never seen the option of buying it "furnished" or "unfurnished." However, I know this is not a game issue b/c I see the option when I start a new game and move in a family. So it must be something with the way I am building the lot?

How do I build the lot to offer furnish and unfurnish option? Thanks!

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 2nd Sep 2017, 6:55 AM #2
Floraflora2
Field Researcher

10 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Whenever I make a residential lot, I never pay attention to it when I'm completed. It just lets me buy the lot when I move in a household fully furnished. I never seen the option of buying it "furnished" or "unfurnished." However, I know this is not a game issue b/c I see the option when I start a new game and move in a family. So it must be something with the way I am building the lot?

How do I build the lot to offer furnish and unfurnish option? Thanks!

Isn't it rather related to the family's budget? At least as I recall (I'm not 100 % sure at all) that the furnished / not furnished option comes up when I try to move in a family with a tight budget, with hardly any more simoleons than the price of lot. And if I move in a wealthy family with an enormous budget, I only get the Furnished option... I think. But I'm not sure I remember correctly.
Old 4th Sep 2017, 6:42 AM #3
nitromon
Original Poster

Mad Poster

2 Achievements

I'm not sure? I'm trying to upload a lot on MTS and it requires me to enter the value both furnished and unfurnished. I can't see to get the unfurnished pricing.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 4th Sep 2017, 1:06 PM
Volvenom
This message has been deleted by Volvenom. Reason: Wrong game
Old 4th Sep 2017, 2:24 PM #4
cutsocks
Instructor

17 Achievements

Unfurnished will remove all buy mode objects except: bathroom fixtures (toilet, sink, shower/tub), large kitchen appliances, cabinets, smoke alarm, ceiling and wall lights, and parking spots.

The only way I see to get the option to buy unfurnished or furnished is in the Game Setup, which of course is accessible when you start a new game. (It's where it gives you the 3 options. (Create a Household, Choose Household, or Move in Household)) You can get the option at anytime if you are in Edit Town mode and don't have an active household. Then where it normally says "Return to Game" at the top of the screen it will say "Return to Game Setup" instead. (Easy way to be without an active household in Edit Town is to evict your current household, make sure to place them back from the clipboard or you might lose them.)

All other ways, placing from bin or CAS or clipboard and buying real estate just seem to give the fully furnished version and price.
Old 4th Sep 2017, 6:12 PM #5
Vincent T.
Instructor

7 Achievements

Not sure if I misread your question. So, if you want to know the furnished and unfurnished price for a lot there are two ways:

First and easiest way: the lot information box in the build/buy menu gives you both prices, furnished and unfurnished:

(Sorry, localized game, but you will find it.)

Second way, if you have NRAAS Master Controller, click on a wall of the building and chose "Status" from the MC menue. It will give you both prices, too.

If this was not what you asked, then please ignore
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  unfurnished1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  93.7 KB  
Old 4th Sep 2017, 11:18 PM #6
nitromon
Original Poster

Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent T.
If this was not what you asked, then please ignore

Thank you, it is exactly what I was asking for.

hehe, I can't believe it is right there on the top left corner. I've never noticed it in all these years!

Thanks everyone.

There. Mystery solved.
Last edited by nitromon : 5th Sep 2017 at 12:26 AM.

Section jump: