Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1185
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
View Poll Results: How should I build my latest TS2 lots?
Build it just as a community lot/business 0 0%
Build it as a two-story apartment-style house with the home business 0 0%
Build it as a two-story normal house with the home business 3 100.00%
Build the train station home business 0 0%
Don't build the train station home business 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 8880 times.
Search this Thread
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 3:08 AM Default(Home) (Business?) Coffee Shop + Train #1
SimsinTheCity
Original Poster

Test Subject

(Home) (Business?) Coffee Shop + Train
So I'm new here. Just joined after finding the forum on Google.

I have been playing Sims since 2006 (!!!). I took a long break for some years though and only came back about five months ago. I was thinking about creating another business/home business lot and letting people download it here, too.

It's based off a coffee shop I used to visit in college in Los Angeles. They operated in a building with three floors. They were the lowest and final level, while two stories above them houses two apartments with families living in them.

However, I can't decide between building it as a community lot (coffee shop) alone or just building it as a home business (same layout) with the coffee shop underneath. Even more confusing is the alternative option that I could build it with a normal two-story house on top and then the coffee shop on the bottom.

Now, moving on to the second idea, I would also like to offer a home business for download... but the whole thing would be in a train. Would people be interested in that?

What does anybody think? Would it even be popular? I notice everyone seems to have moved on to TS3 and 4 nowadays. EA no longer really supports the first two series anymore, and neither do a lot of CC creators/sites. I have played almost all the Sims game in all four of the series'. Despite that, I find that I still love TS2 the most! Thanks for any help you can provide!

Feel free to vote again, because they only allowed me to post up one question for two different lots. And you're only allowed to make one selection for that.
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 3:16 AM #2
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

20 Achievements

View My Journal

No, everyone has certainly NOT moved onto TS3 and TS4. This is a very active sims 2 community. I'm surprised you only just found it since this is one of the largest and probably the main sims 2 site on the web. Also new cc comes out for sims 2 every day! Take a look at Simscave updates. http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...php?board=172.0 I think you are looking in the wrong places for it. Old sites no, peoples blogs? Oodles.

Sure, why not? Sounds great. I would say we need some pictures.

Just to toss this in there, you can also build an apartment with a coffee shop, I did it on one of my lots. Players need to use a mod Apartments and Shopping, on the same Lot by MogHughson http://modthesims.info/d/352602

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 3:18 AM #3
SimsinTheCity
Original Poster

Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
No, everyone has certainly NOT moved onto TS3 and TS4. This is a very active sims 2 community. I'm surprised you only just found it since this is one of the largest and probably the main sims 2 site on the web.

Sure, why not? Sounds great. I would say we need some pictures.

Just to toss this in there, you can also build an apartment with a coffee shop, I did it on one of my lots. Players need to use a mod Apartments and Shopping, on the same Lot by MogHughson http://modthesims.info/d/352602

JNS, thanks so much for responding to my post. I'll have to get to work on it. I thought a bakery/drink place might be much easier, but we'll see.
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 3:19 AM #4
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

20 Achievements

View My Journal

I just added the sims 2 cave link, if you are feeling a lack of cc that will change your mind. My trouble is trying not to collect too much of it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 3:53 AM #5
SimsinTheCity
Original Poster

Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
I just added the sims 2 cave link, if you are feeling a lack of cc that will change your mind. My trouble is trying not to collect too much of it.

Okay, here are the samples for the train! I know my screencap program sucks, right now I'm just using the Sims Storytelling one. I had Gadwin and some other ones but everything's subscription now or they leave you with a nasty watermark. Either that or else I can't save in my beloved .png! I will need to find a new, free screencap program that lets me save in .png!

Except for the railroad track and wheels, alongside some wall and roof paints, there is no other CC used.

Still working on it. Toy shop area seems to be too small. Might need to expand that one or trade with another room. Or better yet make it another kind ofbusiness.
Tell me what you think of it:
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  1.png
Views: 0
Size:  249.4 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  2.png
Size:  237.7 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  3.png
Size:  237.7 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  4.png
Size:  217.5 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  5.png
Size:  266.2 KB  
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 4:03 AM #6
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

20 Achievements

View My Journal

I don't see any pictures.

Edit: They showed up as soon as I hit post. They are hard to see, your game camera should give you much larger pictures than that. Check that you have everything set to high. From what I can tell it looks good.

I use FRAPS and change them to jpg in Gimp. You can take a look at my pics on my last upload here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/578280 I think they look nice enough.

Edit: By the way if these lots are for upload you have posted this in the wrong place, you want Creator Feedback, here:http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=611

~Call me Jo~
Last edited by joandsarah77 : 22nd Jul 2016 at 6:29 AM.

Section jump: