Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 3:55 PM
Default flamingos as gates.
I have discovered something funny and perhaps useful until we got good lockable doors.
A flamingo statue can be used as a sim operated lockable gate that is one way only, this also work at community lots.
Take a one tile wide passage between two fences, make a bend on the passage and place a flamingo statue in that corner, the direction arrow on the statue show the way you can enter, you can not kick down the flamingo from the other side.
You will need two flamingos after each other because if a sim kick down one the gate is open, but they very seldom down two and they also put them up.
The easiest use of this is to trap sims, simply kick down the flamingos enter call the victim, exit and put the flamingos back. Warning if some other sim put the flamingo back you are also trapped.
To lock yourself inn, useful for public woohoo there you cant block the gate in build mode you need one or better two enter flamingos and one exit. To enter kick down the enter flamingos go inn and kick the exit one, get your lover inside and put up first the enter flamingos and last the exit, to leave kick down the exit flamingo.

[img]e107_files/public/14063_snapshot_ce922853_8e953004.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 14063_snapshot_ce922853_8e953004.jpg ][/i]
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 3:59 PM
Test of image upload

[img]e107_files/public/14063_snapshot_ce922853_8e953004.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 14063_snapshot_ce922853_8e953004.jpg ][/i]
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 4:32 PM
http://www.modthesims2.com/e107_files/public/14063_snapshot_ce922853_8e953004.jpg
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snickerf
http://www.modthesims2.com/e107_files/public/14063_snapshot_ce922853_8e953004.jpg

THank you :o)
how did you do it?
do you have to edit the message and add the image in |img| |/img| tags?
I belived the link was automaticly created.

As you see in the image, I have traped the cat :o)
I wonder if this can be used for lockable doors or gates?
Action to unlock, action agin to lock. Would prefer an action sims would not do automaticly and a gate who is openable from both sides.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 5:22 PM
There is a Lockable door in the beta test forum, which allows you to lock it for all but the first Sim that goes through (and a second one that will only allow the first sim and all NPCs like maid, gardener, etc.)
The creator of the lockable door is working on one that can be set for more than one sim, as well.
Still, this is a good idea of yours, and I may use it to test some pathing on the maze I've been working on.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 6:04 PM
Yes I posted in that tread also, problem is that for me a one sim door is of little use, I can see use for it for reserving bedrooms but a lockable is more flexible. It would be much more useful together with a lockable door, best would be to combine them :o)
I see it most as a template for a lockable gate and as a fun thing.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies