Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 11:15 PM Last edited by r_deNoube : 12th Oct 2015 at 11:27 PM.
Default Interior lighting with high / vaulted / multi-story ceilings
Esteemed Simming Colleagues,

Suppose I have an interior space that spans more than one floor. Is it possible to light the space in a way that makes the floor boundaries less obvious?

For example, the attached photo shows a meetinghouse that's two stories (allowing for a balcony/choir-loft in back) and a highly-pitched roof. The far wall is all one color of warm-white flat painted wall. But because we are seeing it across three different floors, it shows up as three different colors, including a jarring purple. I believe the problem is that lighting only illuminates the "room" that the light source is, and a "room" formally never spans more than one floor.

Have any of you come across a decent solution -- building techniques, lighting mods, anything?

Bless you all,
Ronnie.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 11:42 PM
What if you used the invisible lights from buydebug on each level? You can set them to remain lit.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
mature minion
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 1:22 PM
Trying to add more windows, and lights to the upper floor to equal out the lighting is your best bet. As attuned mentioned above, the buydebug lights are particularly helpful with this, especially the daylight ones.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 8:36 PM
Thank you both, I'll give those lights a try.