Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 2:47 PM
Default Metasequoia Q-Mesh import plugin and TS2 to Ts3/Medieval conversion
Hello! Sorry about my bad English. I do not know if the category of the topic is right, I apologize in advance if it is wrong.

A few days ago, following this tutorial (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=457495) and slightly modifying a few things, I modified the textures armor used by my Monarch (amBodyKnightStuddedTop).
But if I want to modify a geometry of an object, I have to use Milkshape (which I don't know). There is a plugin similar to the one for Milkshape, but for Metasequoia?
I ask because I'm trying to import The Yuna Earring from Final Fantasy X (this http://modthesims.info/d/359060), available only for Sims2, into Medieval. I know you can import items from Sims2 to Sims3, (I have this hair created for Sims2 and converted for the 3, which I later converted to Medieval. ), but for me it's very complex Milkshape, I don't know where to start. I usually edit meshes for another game with Metasequoia...
I had exported LODs to SIMGEOM and converted to OBJ, but unfortunately I couldn't do OBJ-->SIMGEOM after editing meshes with Meta.

If there is no plugin suitable for Metasequoia, do you really need to use Milkshape to convert? I used the Sims3pack Multi Installer, which converted Sims3packs to Packages, but Medieval doesn't read them (despite using S3PE with Medieval Wrappers).

I don't know how to do it, I searched everywhere for a Yuna earring in Sims3 files, but I just found Yuna in SIM files.

Can someone help me? Thank you!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 1:44 PM
TThis is an old post of yours but perhaps you'll see this. I use Blender primarily for making meshes and Smugtomato made a .simgeom addon for Blender 2.80 that lets you import and export .simgeom files. For making Sims 3 meshes, I primarily use Milkshape to assign bone (called joints in Milkshape and vertex groups in Blender. Sometimes called weights. It's all different names for the same thing) and to export a mesh that has bone assignments as a .simgeom or a wso. Wso files natively work with TSR Workshop, but you can use .simgeoms with S3PE.

IF you have a Sims 2 item that you want to get into the Sims Medieval you will first need to convert the Sims 2 item to Sims 3. Then it's just a matter of editing the CASP resource to get the item into the TSM game. Typically, I make meshes in Blender and export them as .obj files, then import the .objs into Milkshape along with a reference file which will be either a .simgeom or a .wso file. You need a reference file imported because that's the only way the joint list will show up. You assign the joints, delete the reference, and export your mesh as a .wso or a .simgeom. Then you can import your edited meshes into TSRWorkshop or S3PE. You'd need to have textures that go with your new item, of course. After your TS3 item is finished then you can edit the CASP resource in a version S3PE that has the medieval wrappers installed in it.

I'm Lolabellesims. Hi! Check out my stuff at The Sims Resource and at www.tumblr.com/lolabellesims. Maybe I'll go nuts and publish something here, too.