2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9926 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 8:26 PM
I wish there was a mod to stop lightning. I miss Sim1 natural disasters - storms and earthquakes that would do actual damage. Would like to see "aspiration failure" that caused random stuff - like a parent or child running away, maybe getting in trouble; "we have found you teen, they will not be returned for X years" - and then they come back older, with a different personality.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9927 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 9:57 PM
Interesting idea - personality changes and such. Would it also randomize the teen's aspiration and TOs?
Forum Resident
#9928 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I wish there was a mod to stop lightning. I miss Sim1 natural disasters - storms and earthquakes that would do actual damage. Would like to see "aspiration failure" that caused random stuff - like a parent or child running away, maybe getting in trouble; "we have found you teen, they will not be returned for X years" - and then they come back older, with a different personality.

Natural disasters in TS1?? For real?! I've never seen that, and I played the game for YEARS!! I remember them in the SimCity games, but not from TS1. I kinda feel gypped!

Since this thread isn't "Things gE missed out on in TS1", but rather "Hacks & CC I'd like to see" for TS2, i'll add -- in the vain of disasters... it'd be nice if fires could do structural damage in TS2... like burning walls, roofs, stairs, columns, etc... build mode junk. Never made sense, a fire can burn your hot tub, but not the wall.

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#9929 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Natural disasters in TS1?? For real?! I've never seen that, and I played the game for YEARS!! I remember them in the SimCity games, but not from TS1. I kinda feel gypped!

Since this thread isn't "Things gE missed out on in TS1", but rather "Hacks & CC I'd like to see" for TS2, i'll add -- in the vain of disasters... it'd be nice if fires could do structural damage in TS2... like burning walls, roofs, stairs, columns, etc... build mode junk. Never made sense, a fire can burn your hot tub, but not the wall.

-gE
>=)

It's frustrating to see a massive fire take out everything outside a lot (including pavement) and never touch the house! It's bizarre, and definitely not realistic..I think it comes from Will Wright's being burned out of his house when he developed the game. I think he wanted to spare the pixels the horror of losing nearly everything.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9930 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 8:13 AM
I want to see a mod that allows witches to duel. I remember that from Sims 1.
Mad Poster
#9931 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I miss Sim1 natural disasters - storms and earthquakes that would do actual damage.

There were no natural disasters in Sims 1. Maybe you're thinking of some version of Simcity? One of the EPs for TS3 had earthquakes in it - I think it was Ambitions.
Mad Poster
#9932 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 11:08 AM
In SimCity 2000 there was a scenario for earthquakes. They happened occasionally. Because SimCity had some characters that were reproduced in Sims 1 (Bob and Betty Newbie, for two), it's really easy to think of Sims 1 being the game.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#9933 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I want to see a mod that allows witches to duel. I remember that from Sims 1.

Look out for an testing version of this today or tomorrow lol. On my tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9934 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@SneakyWingPhoenix

This: http://modthesims.info/d/237328

Oh, he meant it literally. Was this asked in that thread though?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9935 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 5:56 PM
Default my other reality
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
There were no natural disasters in Sims 1. Maybe you're thinking of some version of Simcity? One of the EPs for TS3 had earthquakes in it - I think it was Ambitions.

I've never had SimCity, or TS3, so my memory must be from some other multi-verse.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Inventor
#9936 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 9:57 PM
Still, it would be cool for natural disasters and other weather phenomena. Like tornadoes and hurricanes, blizzards and heatwaves. All would have varying effects on sims and the environment. Also blackouts could be a thing related to severe weather.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#9937 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 11:09 PM
TS4 has earthquake trait.

Mad Poster
#9938 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 11:37 PM
And you...must play as a rock to get it? 0_o
Lot trait. right...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#9939 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Also blackouts could be a thing related to severe weather.

Someone was working on power outages a while ago, but I don't think they ever finished it.
Mad Poster
#9940 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:49 AM
Pretty sure it is Lamare.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#9941 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:57 AM
This might sound weird, but i wish there was a mod that removes the weird music when the toilet gets clogged. It startles me a bit always, or them i'm too jumpy :D
Mad Poster
#9942 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 10:26 AM
There's music when the toilet gets clogged? :O
Mad Poster
#9943 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 12:25 PM
I believe it's the one sound effect when plumbing breaks in general. (If I'm correct at least, since lately I'm been playing TS3).

Mad Poster
#9944 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
TS4 has earthquake trait.

Then there are karma powers in TS3 console. They do sort of look cool.

Mad Poster
#9945 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There's music when the toilet gets clogged? :O

There's a sound effect similar to this one from Sims 1 (at 1:30 and 1:33)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGwYsoJ4U0Q&t=90s
Alchemist
#9946 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Something that prevents visitors on residential lots from using the ZX Spectrum to program, but allows them to play games.

Try looking at iCad's tutorial on adjusting autonomy and motive advertising: https://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.c...4/tutorial-time. You should be able to disallow visitors from doing certain actions on the computer.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9947 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
There's a sound effect similar to this one from Sims 1 (at 1:30 and 1:33)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGwYsoJ4U0Q&t=90s

Oh yeah, I know that sound. Just didn't think of it as music. XD
Lab Assistant
#9948 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:38 PM
Yup, i meant sound effect that Rox linked. It somehow startles me always when it plays xD
Lab Assistant
#9949 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 7:00 PM
A "put the stupid grocery basket down now!" hack. I love running owned grocery stores and little convenience stores. The problem is, when a Sim who has shopped there comes home from work or from a community lot, she automatically pulls the grocery basket out and starts marching towards the fridge. If I cancel the action, usually because the fridge is already full, she nonetheless keeps the basket in a death grip and won't set it down until she reaches the kitchen counter. I'd love a hack that makes a Sim set down a basket immediately or, even better, cancels the "always pull out the grocery basket when coming home" action altogether. Or have I missed it?
Helptato
#9950 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 12:07 AM
I want a mod that plays the TS1 fire stings when a fire breaks out on your lot.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Page 398 of 582