36 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#9876 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'd like to see hacks for killing those wants for specific creatures only. It's annoying when I've decided that some of them are not curable.

I know, which is why I have experimented for years on how to curtail the fears. The fix I had made a tutorial for is kludgy and on the risky side. Midge's mods are quite a bit of awesome, and I wonder if there's a way to tune them further, like for romances and the like. For instance, one that lets Romance, Family, and Knowledge aspirations want a sim to be a witch but have only Romance and Knowledge sims want a sim to be a vampire or werewolf, or perhaps include Popularity (Fluff-bunnies, amirite?) for a certain feel. I mean, I've read about the otherkin scene... I think they're Popularity, not Knowledge. Same can be said about 'fluff bunnies' among the pagans.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9877 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 9:18 AM
I'd like to see hacks for killing those wants for specific creatures only. It's annoying when I've decided that some of them are not curable.

Especially when you wanna pretend they're genetically born like that.

It's the superhero trophe, when the teen girl with superhereos complaining to parents that "I wanna be normal", but all that would do is make her a basic b!tch in future with no man

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9878 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 7:42 AM
Mad Poster
#9879 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Well, with Midge's mods, they can be genetically born like that.

The only one I'd probably have a use for that for would be witchcraft, for my Harry Potter neighbourhood. Vampires, zombies, servos etc. don't breed and plantsims can already make their own kids.
Mad Poster
#9880 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 2:13 PM
Few things on my wishlist:
- When running a business shop, would be intuitive If paintings marked for sale left a restocking sign behind them after they're purchased.
- A painter service/npc/business, that allows a playable member to ask to draw a portray (Still Life) of them or their family/household. As well allow playable painters to draw a painting of them... In both terms, a transaction will be done where the painted household receives the artwork (to their inventory) in exchange of the painter's paycheck.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9881 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 11:40 PM
A token-based mod that would make selected parents not worry at all about their kids' school performance save for them getting extremely low grades, and they wouldn't care if their kids got expelled, dropped out, or even skipped college altogether. Basically, these parents would focus more on getting their kids to be good - maybe automatically encouraging niceness or activity, or even outgoingness rather than scolding for bad grades. They'd be more worried about their children getting into fights (if there's even a fear related to that).

I got this idea from Dennis Prager, who never did his homework and did poorly in school, but was also very much against cheating. He even started an anti-cheating club, from what I understand. He couldn't care less what kind of university his kids got into, but rather whether or not they grew up to be good people. It would be a good custom trait... might even suggest that for a Sims 4 trait. Would be interesting.
Mad Poster
#9882 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 12:40 AM
This is how I feel...and I am not even a Sim!...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#9883 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 6:15 PM
I had been thinking on this awhile... I'd like to see a fully functional Drive-In.

What it would require would be a large movie screen (which has been done) and parking spaces (which can easily be created). But that alone is not enough for a fully functional drive-in. You'd need the ability to park your active sims' car on a community lot (for which a mod exists). You would also need to fill the drive-in lot with other cars, which can sorta be duped by a mod from MogHughson as well, found here. But other unplayable sims would need to be able to use those cars to sit and watch the movie. Therefore, this mod or the placement of an ordinary car wouldn't suffice.

I was trying to think of how this would work... The cars would have to advertise to the sims as seats (perhaps spawn some pickup trucks, where the bed could hold several sims?), where they could sit and watch the movie. But it'd be nice if it also had some car features, too... like the kiss/makeout/woohoo/try for baby functions, cuz... hello? Drive-in! The movie would probably have to have an increased attraction, so that most sims would sit and watch, and keep watching til the end. I'd think the movie ought to last roughly 3 sim hours, and keep most people in their seats, although, it would be cool if you could select "double feature" which lasted 5 hours. [on an aside, it could start with a cartoon that didn't advertise as strongly]. The movie would start shortly after dark, so around 7pm. Lasting til 10pm [or 12am for a double feature] seems reasonable, right?

It would be good to have a fee that was charged to all sims (or maybe per-vehicle?) at the start of the show. All sims might be easier, because the mechanism already exists from the ticket taker from OFB. I'd mod it to charge once, when the show started, or maybe 15 min after the playable sim(s) arrived. To make it an ownable business, the owners could set the price and the types of movies... the number of people that show up could be based on the lot's business rating and reputation, and if Freetime is installed, more likely to attract sims who enjoy film and literature... of course, it'd generate enthusiasm, as well.

Now, you'd also need to have a concessions stand, and that's something that's always frustrated me with TS2, is the limited ability of the food business. But I digress. It'd be nice to have something like the cafeteria stand in TS1, that if I remember correctly, served hot dogs, hamburgers or pizza. The sim would approach, order, and pay, then walk away carrying their item and stand around or sit and eat it. Personally, i'd like the ability to buy popcorn and/or candy or a soda, as well... maybe even pretzels or (cheese?) fries. Add to that, the ability to sit in the car and eat/share with your date/group...

And it might also be cool if there was the ability to select the movie "rating" to instruct the game on the minimum age of sims to generate.

G - Gee, there sure are a lot of kids being spawned
PG-SimTeen - Please Generate more Teens!
R - R'nt there only supposed to be grown-ups here?

Anything i've forgotten, or anything you can think of that would make it all the more lifelike and fun? Of course it'd need those parking lot speakers as a decorative object to make it feel more authentic. If you like this idea, please share what else would you add or change or want to see.

-gE
>=)
Theorist
#9884 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 8:32 PM
An option to have the bills paid automatically by setting up a standing order.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Theorist
#9885 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
An option to have the bills paid automatically by setting up a standing order.

Simwardrobe has an auto bill payer.
Mad Poster
#9886 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 8:56 PM
Why is there 2 different archives for the pay rent and pay bills? In my game, both options are on the same object.

Theorist
#9887 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Why is there 2 different archives for the pay rent and pay bills? In my game, both options are on the same object.

Went and looked in the zips; both have readmes. Bill pay says it's good for all versions. Rent pay says only use for AL. Bill pay has a modified date of 2006. Rent pay has a modified date of 2008.
Mad Poster
#9888 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I had been thinking on this awhile... I'd like to see a fully functional Drive-In.

What it would require would be a large movie screen (which has been done) and parking spaces (which can easily be created). But that alone is not enough for a fully functional drive-in. You'd need the ability to park your active sims' car on a community lot (for which a mod exists). You would also need to fill the drive-in lot with other cars, which can sorta be duped by a mod from MogHughson as well, found here. But other unplayable sims would need to be able to use those cars to sit and watch the movie. Therefore, this mod or the placement of an ordinary car wouldn't suffice.

I was trying to think of how this would work... The cars would have to advertise to the sims as seats (perhaps spawn some pickup trucks, where the bed could hold several sims?), where they could sit and watch the movie. But it'd be nice if it also had some car features, too... like the kiss/makeout/woohoo/try for baby functions, cuz... hello? Drive-in! The movie would probably have to have an increased attraction, so that most sims would sit and watch, and keep watching til the end. I'd think the movie ought to last roughly 3 sim hours, and keep most people in their seats, although, it would be cool if you could select "double feature" which lasted 5 hours. [on an aside, it could start with a cartoon that didn't advertise as strongly]. The movie would start shortly after dark, so around 7pm. Lasting til 10pm [or 12am for a double feature] seems reasonable, right?

It would be good to have a fee that was charged to all sims (or maybe per-vehicle?) at the start of the show. All sims might be easier, because the mechanism already exists from the ticket taker from OFB. I'd mod it to charge once, when the show started, or maybe 15 min after the playable sim(s) arrived. To make it an ownable business, the owners could set the price and the types of movies... the number of people that show up could be based on the lot's business rating and reputation, and if Freetime is installed, more likely to attract sims who enjoy film and literature... of course, it'd generate enthusiasm, as well.

Now, you'd also need to have a concessions stand, and that's something that's always frustrated me with TS2, is the limited ability of the food business. But I digress. It'd be nice to have something like the cafeteria stand in TS1, that if I remember correctly, served hot dogs, hamburgers or pizza. The sim would approach, order, and pay, then walk away carrying their item and stand around or sit and eat it. Personally, i'd like the ability to buy popcorn and/or candy or a soda, as well... maybe even pretzels or (cheese?) fries. Add to that, the ability to sit in the car and eat/share with your date/group...

And it might also be cool if there was the ability to select the movie "rating" to instruct the game on the minimum age of sims to generate.

G - Gee, there sure are a lot of kids being spawned
PG-SimTeen - Please Generate more Teens!
R - R'nt there only supposed to be grown-ups here?

Anything i've forgotten, or anything you can think of that would make it all the more lifelike and fun? Of course it'd need those parking lot speakers as a decorative object to make it feel more authentic. If you like this idea, please share what else would you add or change or want to see.

-gE
>=)

I reckon that your best bet would be a couch made to look like a car. So it would be sittable and makeoutable etc. There's a hot dog stand and a popcorn stand and a candy floss stand and an icecream stand around. You'd prob need the bandatron, so that sims get charged when they walk in. You'd need a way longer movie than the current sim movies though, if you want them to watch it for 3 sim hours.
Alchemist
#9889 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 12:06 PM

-gE
>=)

Have you seen Honeywell's teen lot in Calamity Hills on YT? She shows how she puts a usable car on the lot by just moving the portals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hv1BeZlLII I don't know if it would be doable with more than one but I can imagine work arounds with deco, etc. For the food business, I love these so I can decorate myself. http://www.modthesims.info/d/493689...revolution.html Midgethetree fixed the functional soda machine and I extracted the cups as deco. https://sunradersimblr.tumblr.com/p...sh-soda-machine
I'd make free use of VC and BO's Need freak to keep things running smoothly.
Mad Poster
#9890 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 3:21 PM
What was wrong with the soda machine?
Forum Resident
#9891 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 12:39 AM
I reckon that your best bet would be a couch made to look like a car. So it would be sittable and makeoutable etc. There's a hot dog stand and a popcorn stand and a candy floss stand and an icecream stand around. You'd prob need the bandatron, so that sims get charged when they walk in. You'd need a way longer movie than the current sim movies though, if you want them to watch it for 3 sim hours.

Thanks Charity. I suppose that making a car shaped couch could work for, say a jeep... Any vehicle with doors, it wouldn't have the opening and closing and having sims move through physical objects irks me. I don't know if it'd be easier to make a car with added couch functions; or a couch with added car functions. My gut says adding to a car would be easier (but by no means am I suggesting it would be easy.

I've seen the food stands before. They don't have the custom foods issues, do they? I try to avoid those. The bandatron would work, though i think it charges sims every hour, or maybe every half hour. Might be better to have a pay door. Sims walk down the sidewalk and, if they enter into the Drive-In, they are charged a fee. I wonder if you can create a pay garage door? I'd think you can, since Rod Humble rings your garage doorbell if you have a foundation. haha.

Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Have you seen Honeywell's teen lot in Calamity Hills on YT? She shows how she puts a usable car on the lot by just moving the portals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hv1BeZlLII I don't know if it would be doable with more than one but I can imagine work arounds with deco, etc. For the food business, I love these so I can decorate myself. http://www.modthesims.info/d/493689...revolution.html Midgethetree fixed the functional soda machine and I extracted the cups as deco. https://sunradersimblr.tumblr.com/p...sh-soda-machine
I'd make free use of VC and BO's Need freak to keep things running smoothly.

Wow, great stuff, Sunrader! I was thinking of just setting lawn chairs in front of the vehicles. It'd be okay for watching the movie, but it really wouldn't do anything for making out at the Drive-In. Making them usable would be handy... but I don't know if they'd watch the movie or just sit and talk. They DO tend to sit in the car for a very long time, so it might be good enough. There's no autonomy for other uncontrolled sims to use the other cars parked at the Drive-In, though. I wonder if a tweak could be made to ModHoughson's Watch TV from All Chairs, so that they'd recognize car seats as seats... Hmmm...

The soda machine tweaks are awesome! I can't wait to see the other drink flavors. I also noticed on your Tumblr, the "Food Stuff"but the Sim Vault is CLOSED. Is there a description of what it is and what it does anywhere, that you're aware of? I'm sketchy about downloading anything food-related, until I'm sure there's not going to be any issues that come from deleting custom foods.

Thanks for the feedback! Some good work-arounds, but some modding would still be necessary.

-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#9892 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 1:15 AM
The soda machine tweaks are awesome! I can't wait to see the other drink flavors. I also noticed on your Tumblr, the "Food Stuff"but the Sim Vault is CLOSED. Is there a description of what it is and what it does anywhere, that you're aware of? I'm sketchy about downloading anything food-related, until I'm sure there's not going to be any issues that come from deleting custom foods.

Sorry, I can't think what you're referring to here. Which "Food Stuff"? Are you talking about the Community Revolution food or... yeah... no... what?
Forum Resident
#9893 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 3:21 AM
Oh, haha... The "Exnem Food Stuff Simlified + Edited Menus" on your simblr. There seems to be a pizza, a bucket o'chicken, and several burgers (or chicken sandwiches... hell if I know!). Exnem's thread on the soda machine links to the food on Sims Vault, but the vault has been sealed. Site's gone. =(

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#9894 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 11:05 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 13th Apr 2019 at 4:00 AM. Reason: Because obviously i cannot type and since i reread myself...
That would be neat if the Gardner my Sims hires, harvest also. Then everything would be transfered to an household member...

Forum Resident
#9895 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 12:28 PM
I'd want a version of Criquette's bus transit and airport where they're slaved to whichever road default you have installed >_<
They don't match my game anymore now that I use his rural road default.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Alchemist
#9896 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 12:33 PM
Oh, haha... The "Exnem Food Stuff Simlified + Edited Menus" on your simblr. There seems to be a pizza, a bucket o'chicken, and several burgers (or chicken sandwiches... hell if I know!). Exnem's thread on the soda machine links to the food on Sims Vault, but the vault has been sealed. Site's gone. =(

-gE
>=)

I'd say ask the original poster. I just reblogged that and later I extracted withlovefromsimtown's soda cups for clutter where the soda machine is used. If you're looking for Exnem's food, it came up here. https://www.simfileshare.net/download/647077/
Inventor
#9897 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I'd want a version of Criquette's bus transit and airport where they're slaved to whichever road default you have installed >_<
They don't match my game anymore now that I use his rural road default.

Fun fact I asked criquette the same thing just today this morning! :D
Forum Resident
#9898 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Fun fact I asked criquette the same thing just today this morning! :D

I put a wish in The Wishing Tree for it! I hope it gets done, I just want some matching nhood deco >-<

You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Forum Resident
#9900 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I think this may be what you want, iCad made the terrain bits invisible so it works with all defaults. http://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.co...his-was-an-idea

It's not, unfortunately. I meant the road itself. I'd like the asphalty bit of the deco to match the colour of the roads.

Page 396 of 577