Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 7:32 PM
Ok, how do you make a tutorial and get screenshots? I don't know.
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#177 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 8:03 PM
moppyXD, this at least the third time you ask that same question, please, don't post the same thing in multiple threads .

You take screenshots by pushing the Print Screen button on your keyboard and then (usually) resizing and editing the screencapture in a paint program. To post a tutorial in a forum you make a normal post with text, and attach images with the img tag as needed. You either have to upload the images somewhere else, or attach them to your post as attachments.
Field Researcher
#178 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 6:46 AM
i am thinking about downloading blender, just to see if i enjoy meshing. but if i install it on my computer , does it install anything else with it? please reply!!!

(yes im a computer-virusa-phobe)

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Part-time Hermit
#179 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 7:09 AM
It does not install any viruses on your computer.
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 12:56 PM
Thanks I was really looking for something like this! I'm planning on creating objects for the sims 2 and most likely am gonna post my objects here.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law!
Test Subject
#181 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 3:38 AM
Help!!! I tried downloading this file a few times, but the rar and WORD versions, but each time, they come up as SimPE files.
I tried manually opening them with Word and Adobe, but each of them arent able to decode them.
What do I do??

But thanks for the file.
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#182 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 11:45 AM
SimPE files? that's ... odd.
I think you're missing an extractor. Please check this page of the downloading guide for info on opening archives.
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 6:50 AM
thnxnice job

Live..Laugh..Love..
Test Subject
#184 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 3:41 AM
Oh my gosh this is soooo helpful. I am ok at making lots...then now im starting to meddle in Object Creation....SO HARD!!

But thanks SOOOO MUCH for this

Chocolate Disciple
Test Subject
#185 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 4:03 AM
wow thx............................
it works...............

#186 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 10:04 PM
Help!
What program do you open the instructions with?

I am trying to make a sim movie to chop suey by system of a down - it is really difficult and i know it wont turn out as i want

Please, if anyone has any tips with movie making including making objects, meahing, what stuff to download, etc. I can only use gimp. I have no experience at all with meshing.
please help

thanks

xxx
Instructor
#187 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 4:00 PM
Hi, your tutorial is really wonderful! Thank you so much .
But at one point I've got a problem. When I'm in "Uv Face select-Mode" there is no option called "LSCM Unwrap". It also doesnt appear in the Other menu that I can open with U. In that menu I cant find options like "Cube" or "Planar" either .
Do you know what I did wrong???
Thanks in advance for your help and Merry Christmas!
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#188 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 9:41 AM Last edited by Lethe_s : 26th Dec 2007 at 9:47 AM.
jon119,

hrm, this tutorial is really starting to show its age.
It seems they did change the uv-menu along the way, and i just didn't notice until now.
In blender 2.44 the menu looks something like this

'Unwrap' is the same thing as what used to be called 'LSCM Unwrap'.
I haven't really experimented with the others yet, i'm assuming Cube Projection comes down to a cube uv-map as is seen in UV-Mapper.

The only other option I use a lot is 'Project from View', which is good for flatter surfaces. It makes a 'picture' from whichever side of the object you're viewing and lays the uv-map out exactly like that, so without the distortion you sometimes get with a normal unwrap.
In essence, its a planar map, but with more control (you are not bound to the z or x-axis, for instance).
Screenshots
Test Subject
#189 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 8:27 AM
Thank you Lethe!!!
I am looking two days for a message like your last one. I don't understeand why I could not find LSCM unwrap.

THANK U!!!!
Instructor
#190 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
jon119,

hrm, this tutorial is really starting to show its age.
It seems they did change the uv-menu along the way, and i just didn't notice until now.
In blender 2.44 the menu looks something like this

'Unwrap' is the same thing as what used to be called 'LSCM Unwrap'.
I haven't really experimented with the others yet, i'm assuming Cube Projection comes down to a cube uv-map as is seen in UV-Mapper.

The only other option I use a lot is 'Project from View', which is good for flatter surfaces. It makes a 'picture' from whichever side of the object you're viewing and lays the uv-map out exactly like that, so without the distortion you sometimes get with a normal unwrap.
In essence, its a planar map, but with more control (you are not bound to the z or x-axis, for instance).

Thank you very much for the fast answer, Lethe!

This is how the menu looks like in my version too.
I wish you and everyone here at MTS2 a happy new year !
Test Subject
#191 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 9:30 PM
when i try to extract it there is a pop up saying file corrupted or somthing , dose it work with winar?
Instructor
#192 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 2:46 PM
Hi, now I've got another problem. Very often when I want to import my meshes in SimPE I get this message:
Quote:
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

I dont really understand what that means but I cant import the mesh.
Regards jon119
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#193 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 7:28 PM
Tomomo,

if the file is corrupted, that usually means it timed out and you didn't download the whole thing. As they're zips, both WinRAR and WinZIP should be able to open them.
Please try redownloading the tutorial.

jon119,

The index out of range usually means that you have the wrong export settings, mainly, the wrong normals settings.
These are the export settings I use for version 2.44, and I have no problems getting my objects imported in SimPE.

Screenshots
Instructor
#194 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 8:37 PM
Im very sorry but I cant import the mesh with this settings either. I always get the same message. Do you know any other reasons for the problem???
Thank you in advance for answers!
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#195 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 2:11 PM
hmmm,
it could be that the normals in your mesh got messed up somehow, for instance by scaling too far down and turning the mesh inside out.
a good way to test export settings, to see that it's not your mesh, is to take a simple cube (like the one you get when you first open blender) and to export that and import it into simpe. If you find the settings that work for you there, you can try them on your new mesh.
Instructor
#196 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:59 PM
Ok, now I know my mistake . I forgot that I have to UV-map my object before importing it into SimPE; Im a really a beginner .

Thank you so much for all your helpful and rapid answers, lethe. You're great!!!
Test Subject
#197 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:16 AM
You're Great!
hey!

thanks alot. ive tried all the other tutorials, but i cant seem to get any of them. Thankyou SOOOO much!
ive finnaly created my FIRST EVER OBJECT, in 1 hour and 50 minutes!
thanks again,
yasmin
Test Subject
#198 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 11:06 AM
Does anyone know why my SimPE doesn't have a GMDC? I can't find it under the resource tree. I am using v0.66.
Test Subject
#199 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 5:28 AM
can somebody help me work blender( I have no idea what i'm doing) I can't even get how to make my sims stuff apear there
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#200 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 7:18 PM
Naruto Fan,
hmm, if you're a real beginner, try the blender version of the Start to finish tutorial (it's in this same forum). That's probably slightly easier to follow. This tutorial is meant specifically for people that have already made some content.
Page 8 of 9