Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 8:30 PM
Default assembling parts of a .rar file fails
Hello everybody,
I would like to use the world fixes by ellacharmed for the sims 3.

So after downloading each part from the site I used 7zip to try extracting the world file and no matter what I do I keep Getting an error.
I read that I need to change the parted files names to be the same and only change the part number. I did so but still getting the same error...
I tried some different downloads with no luck, for the example I used this sunset valley world fix download: https://ibb.co/ezv6Yz (pic of the error)

Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:54 AM
Do you have all the parts of the file in the same folder, with nothing else in that folder? It sometimes helps.
Which file do you right click and "Extract Here" after the first one?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 2:06 AM
The only way I can download and use files with multiple parts it to rename them. I name them 1,2,3 whatever and then they open with WinRAR for me.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 4:04 AM
@magalidov, you know you can get the full .world file from my blog/g-drive, right? No assembly required.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
The only way I can download and use files with multiple parts it to rename them. I name them 1,2,3 whatever and then they open with WinRAR for me.

Tried this with no luck, But thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Do you have all the parts of the file in the same folder, with nothing else in that folder? It sometimes helps.
Which file do you right click and "Extract Here" after the first one?

Tried to extract with each file and also didn't help, thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
@magalidov, you know you can get the full .world file from my blog/g-drive, right? No assembly required.

Ohh that's just wonderful! I just downloaded the files from the blog, thank you

I hope that parted files won't get in my way again.