Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 4:20 AM
Default WCIF Sim Wardrobe Archive?
Anyone remember Sim Wardrobe? Some pretty great hacks were hosted there for Sims 1 and Sims 2. I say were because most of the links are now broken (especially since geocities no longer exists).

Anyone know where I might find an archive? The waybackwhen machine game back empty, and Paladin is probably gone, so it's probably hopeless, but I figured someone here might know something so it was worth a try.

The original website is here

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 6:36 AM Last edited by arathea : 8th Jan 2012 at 6:48 AM.
Some of the links to the old Sims1 files are broken but the Sims2 files download without a problem for me.

Edit: there was a problem with a Firefox update some time ago that broke some download paths there. IIRC, other browsers worked just fine. If you are using an older version of Firefox, cou can either update it or swith to another browser for downloading from Simwardrobe.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 7:00 AM Last edited by Chicken0895 : 8th Jan 2012 at 7:20 AM.
I've never heard of a browser update alone breaking links, but I'll try with another browser. Most of the broken link hacks I want are actually for the sims 1. Since Yahoo pulled the plug on geocities most of the hacks are not accessible. The Sims 2 mods are much more available due to their being released later than the ones for sims 1.

Edit: Tried with chrome and no cigar. The broken links are broken because either the site the files were on no longer exists or the file itself is no longer there. I don't think a browser update would do that, but thanks for trying to help.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Theorist
#4 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 10:56 AM
Which files are you trying to download? The site works for me, although I haven't checked every single file, of course.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 1:30 AM
I'm trying to download the incedinary (or something like that) bomb for the sims 1. I think you only checked sims 2 links, which I find working also. The problem is almost half the site (the sims 1 section) has bad links.