Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 5:59 AM
Default Grass on slopes?
Whenever I paint the grass on a slope, it only paints the outer edges (see screenshot below). Is there any way to fix this? To me it looks ugly and makes beautiful houses not so beautiful. I have all the stuff and expansions.
Screenshots

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 6:14 AM
You might try painting over those areas again. Changing the terrain can alter the terrain paint at times.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
You might try painting over those areas again. Changing the terrain can alter the terrain paint at times.

I did. It does not help.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Inventor
#4 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 7:49 AM
Some terrain paints will fill an area on a steep slope better than others.

Other options are to use the "moveobjects on" cheat to place boulders, shrubs, flowers, tall grass and whatever you want on and around the slope. Works best to use the cheat with the "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" cheat.

Or, you can use something like tbudgett's retaining walls , here on MTS. I have only been using the retaining walls for a couple months but wish I had found them sooner because they are so very wonderful and give my lots a more finished look that is classy.

For my poor sims, I only use the cheats to cover the slopes.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cheshirekat
Some terrain paints will fill an area on a steep slope better than others.

Other options are to use the "moveobjects on" cheat to place boulders, shrubs, flowers, tall grass and whatever you want on and around the slope. Works best to use the cheat with the "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" cheat.

Or, you can use something like tbudgett's retaining walls , here on MTS. I have only been using the retaining walls for a couple months but wish I had found them sooner because they are so very wonderful and give my lots a more finished look that is classy.

For my poor sims, I only use the cheats to cover the slopes.

That is good advice. I will try that tomarrow when my eyes are not drooping (it's 12:30 am here)

Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 9:21 AM
Just keep using the terrain paint tool with circular or left-right motions. That's what I used to do and it got rid of those marks easily. Use the largest circle. (Spraying the terrain, removing it, then respraying it also works).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BR_FL
Just keep using the terrain paint tool with circular or left-right motions. That's what I used to do and it got rid of those marks easily. Use the largest circle. (Spraying the terrain, removing it, then respraying it also works).

Ok, thanks.