Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3026 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 10:37 AM
"Damn it, Cassandra - put the kitten DOWN!"
Advertisement
Inventor
#3027 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 3:39 AM
"Hahahahaha Gavin, no. Camryn is not only much older than you but she also happens to be married. You best stick to that other want to marry Tina, as she's the one who is going to fulfill your "Marry a Rich Sim" wish."
Top Secret Researcher
#3028 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 5:13 PM
"Move, cat...Woudja move!....No, for once I wasn't talking to you."
The Centowskis' cat Missy was in the way of the fridge. I realized I say the same thing to my RL cat all the time, so I felt like I had to clarify to her that it was the sim cat who was misbehaving--this time.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#3029 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 3:44 AM
"Ok, I need that mod" (only bathe toddlers with low hygiene) as the grandmother took away a toddler who was about to be put in the crib by another adult (toddler was in the red zone) to give her a bath she didn't need!
This sentence was, of course, preceded by expletives.
Mad Poster
#3030 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 9:58 AM
To the butler: "Stop inviting random freaks and weirdos into my mansion!!!"
(Of course it helps if I remember to set the door policy properly when he first shows up...)
Top Secret Researcher
#3031 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 5:00 PM
"Olivia, don't be so dramatic."
Two hours after getting engaged to Don Platz, Olivia rolled a fear of being left at the altar. Honey, he's as madly in love with you as you are with him. And that has literally never happened in my game. Don't worry.

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#3032 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
"Olivia, don't be so dramatic."
Two hours after getting engaged to Don Platz, Olivia rolled a fear of being left at the altar. Honey, he's as madly in love with you as you are with him. And that has literally never happened in my game. Don't worry.

Oh dear. You said the jinxing words.
Top Secret Researcher
#3033 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 9:11 PM
Crap. Well, that could make an interesting story anyway. Especially if they have a baby while she's still in college.

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#3034 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 10:39 AM
"Oh no! Zombies are attacking! Quick everybody, run to the Smith house! They have a picket fence and a swimming pool, so we'll be safe there unless somebody throws a party!"
Mad Poster
#3035 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
"Oh no! Zombies are attacking! Quick everybody, run to the Smith house! They have a picket fence and a swimming pool, so we'll be safe there unless somebody throws a party!"

Okay, I have to ask why they'll be safe? XD
Mad Poster
#3036 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 11:15 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 30th Apr 2019 at 11:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Okay, I have to ask why they'll be safe? XD

1. Attacking another sim requires the zombie to do an Attack > Fight social interaction. The only social interaction that can be done to a sim in a swimming pool is to play Marco Polo with them (I forget whether this came with Seasons or BV). So, if a sim successfully manages to get into the pool, the zombie will be able to play Marco Polo with that sim, but not attack them. The living sim will be fine until/unless they leave the pool due to getting hungry, tired, etc.

2. Even the flimsiest garden gate can be locked against all sims. Remove the gate completely and only teleportation will get you into the house. Just surround your house with a cheap picket fence and remove the gate and you have an impenetrable fortress.

3. It's hard to keep other sims, attacking zombies, etc. out during a party because the party controller can be extremely aggressive about grabbing random walkbys and NPCs and dragging them into the lot to be party guests. I once had a morning wedding party (Meadow Creek) and the party controller dragged in the newsie, the mail carrier, all three members of the welcoming committee and at least one passing townie to add to the guest list. At Johnny Smith's graduation party, I didn't think to lock the gate until after I noticed the zombies in the welcoming committee. By then, the party controller had already seen them and grabbed them and locking the gate and front door did nothing to keep them out. What the party controller sees, the party controller seizes! Mwahahaha!

EDIT: My very first post here at MTS was about the party controller at the Summerdream house in Veronaville grabbing two spectral servants and forcing them to attend Oberon and Titania's wedding.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568077

Some pictures from the Meadow Creek wedding showing the newsie enjoying some wedding cake, a very unhappy townie that was pulled in, and the welcoming committee being grabbed.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...969#post5016969
Mad Poster
#3037 Old 1st May 2019 at 8:52 AM
I laughed so much now - never had anybody pulled into any party, except Goopy - who is always welcome anywhere -
Theorist
#3038 Old 1st May 2019 at 11:11 AM
I never had it happen with the mail or the paper deliverers. But the Welcome Wagon does frequently get roped into "Fresh out of College" wedding.
It's kinda weird really "So we say that you just moved in and that you are having a wedding. We might not be dressed for this private occasion, but we're gonna join you anyway, because we like eating form a buffet. :D"

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#3039 Old 1st May 2019 at 12:16 PM
While Playing The Weasleys: "Why are all eight of you trying to empty the garbage disposal, stop that!" There was a literal line of sims trying to take out the garbage

"OK obviously when playing 8+ I need a bathroom on each floor" Trying to get all the boys to school did not go so well

"Stop cleaning the ---- windows!" they all developed a window obsession

"Stop taking the baby out of the crib that's why she's so tired!" The baby's energy bar dropped but every time it started to go back up, someone would take her out of the crib.
Scholar
#3040 Old 1st May 2019 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie Turner

"Stop taking the baby out of the crib that's why she's so tired!" The baby's energy bar dropped but every time it started to go back up, someone would take her out of the crib.

This annoys me too in my game. Let the baby sleep if that what's needed!
Mad Poster
#3041 Old 1st May 2019 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I never had it happen with the mail or the paper deliverers. But the Welcome Wagon does frequently get roped into "Fresh out of College" wedding.
It's kinda weird really "So we say that you just moved in and that you are having a wedding. We might not be dressed for this private occasion, but we're gonna join you anyway, because we like eating form a buffet. :D"

"Hey, the new neighbors are having a party! FREE FOOD!!!"
Field Researcher
#3042 Old 2nd May 2019 at 10:20 AM
"No, I am NOT buying you a womrat cage!"
Mad Poster
#3043 Old 7th May 2019 at 8:29 PM
Dammit, Ginger! "Macro > Do Homework" does NOT mean "pick up your starving baby brother who's about to wet himself and stuff him in his crib!"
Scholar
#3044 Old 7th May 2019 at 8:57 PM
"Stop rolling the want to go to College, there isn't even a college subhood connected to this hood!!!!!!"

I've probably said this one already but it happens so often and annoys me so much, gotta get it out of my system somehow!!
Mad Poster
#3045 Old 7th May 2019 at 10:37 PM
"Oh, come on, just call him already! You know you want to see him!" to pixel standing there wondering what to do for fun.
ACR kicks in.
Question answered.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#3046 Old 11th May 2019 at 8:48 PM
After I've built and decorated yet another dreamy house that I would love to live in:

"Yep. I haven't lived my life right, at all." 😂
Mad Poster
#3047 Old 16th May 2019 at 10:24 PM
"Ok then, that tells me that ACR is working."

I recently started playing Sims 2 again, and ACR seemed to not be working, until a single Plantsim I made booty called a townie she has a bolt with. Lily didn't have a great relationship with the townie so I didn't have her pursue it, but apparently she thinks its good enough to booty call the townie.
Scholar
#3048 Old 18th May 2019 at 10:34 PM
"No, you can't have a bird cage. You've already got a womrat cage you've never used."

Poor Edwin, he's a high school teacher and I'm still treating him like a child.
Mad Poster
#3049 Old 19th May 2019 at 12:17 AM
They can't autonomously stock the pet cages, you know.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3050 Old 19th May 2019 at 7:00 PM
I know, but usually they roll a want to "play with womrat" once they've got the cage, and I stock it for them then. Edwin has shown no interest in actually having a womrat whatsoever.
Page 122 of 169