Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2926 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 6:27 AM
"That couldn't have been better timing"
Marriage cinematic between two sims right as day was cast into night lengthing the transition period.
Married as the sky turned orange with rose petals falling around them. Never did get a screenshot.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2927 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 11:52 PM
@Sims2Christain - I wish I could get good cinematics like that. Mine often end up just being a nice view of a wall. I recently disabled them because of this.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#2928 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 12:44 AM
UGH DID I FORGET TO MAKE A KITCHEN AGAIN, UGH DAMMIT!

oh wait i can fix it
Tada, wow it looks so beautiful, all of the rooms

https://modthesims.info/showthread....407#post5470407 (here's a few pictures of mine there )
Top Secret Researcher
#2929 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 5:03 PM
"Quinn, what are you doing?" *clicks on Olivia* "Oh, wait, that's Olivia. Why do I always mix those two up? I mean, they look alike, but that's just a coincidence. A Quinn-cidence." *laughs at own joke*

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#2930 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 12:36 AM
One family member greets the welcoming committee and another ... isn't quite so sociable.
"You ate a whole meal at the same table with these people and then sat in the same room watching television with them all and you still haven't actually MET any of them???"
Scholar
#2931 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 12:36 AM
"Oi! You were a ginger kitten named Weasley. You weren't supposed to grow up into a nondescript grey-brown adult!"

(He's ginger again now, but I do wish they'd made puppy and kitten colours correspond more closely to adult colours.)
Scholar
#2932 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 12:54 AM
My favorite is "Alrighty then" with a certain tone of voice. I also say "Really?!" & "Seriously!?" a lot in a squeaky type voice. "Whatever floats your boat!" is probably my most favorite, LOL.
Top Secret Researcher
#2933 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 7:13 PM
"Look, Nicole, this is the hot tub where your cousins Olivia AND Quinn were conceived...Isn't that lovely!"
There are things that happen when you move the third generation of a single family into the same dorm. Unfortunately that legendary love tub where eleven different Agnarssons lost their virginity had to be replaced due to glitching. Nicole and her fiance Orlando Bertino got to christen the new one.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Field Researcher
#2934 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 8:42 PM
I always when I start the game after a long break:

"Wow! This game has very detailed graphics! The graphics is very clear, objects, textures ..."

This is my reaction to the graphics of the game published in 2004.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2935 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 9:26 PM
Inventor
#2936 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 9:48 PM
"Oh, come on, game. Don't do this to me. I know I rolled the pacifier!"
-said as Cherri Ottomas aged up to toddler, looking suspiciously like Dora Jr. Same haircut and very similar facial features. Doesn't appear to be an actual case of First Born Syndrome, as they have slightly different personalities. Which actually makes it more annoying, as I did my part not to get kids who look that much alike
Mad Poster
#2937 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 10:04 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 5th Dec 2018 at 10:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
I always when I start the game after a long break:

"Wow! This game has very detailed graphics! The graphics is very clear, objects, textures ..."

This is my reaction to the graphics of the game published in 2004.

Sometimes, after a bout of playing TS3, when I return back home I'm usually rather impressed with the graphics. Aside from the infamous pudding-face, TS3 doesn't quite feel as crisp (though perhaps this is a limit of my aging computer). Compare:

Also, it might be a bit telling that I refer to TS2 as returning home.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#2938 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 10:36 PM
"How did you end up so nice?"
Edmund, son of Consort Capp somehow grew up with 8 nice points.
Mad Poster
#2939 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 11:32 PM
Look at Consort's mother. I actually don't understand the ins-and-outs of how the genetics of personality work, but hey, it works for the story.

Mad Poster
#2940 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 2:28 AM
Kent Capp, Consort's pre-made son in the Sim Bin when Veronaville starts has 7 nice points, and Miranda Capp, Consort's granddaughter who is in the Sim Bin with the rest of her family has 8 nice points. Not all of the pre-made Capps are grouchy assholes. The question is whether they have the courage to fight family tradition in the feud with the Monty's or just go along to get along with the relatives.

I'm not playing Sims 2 but instead switched to Sims 3. Said tonight while playing Sims 3, "Ooops, trap" I have an adventurous Sim that wants to explore all the tombs in the Vacation areas, and I accidentally had her step on a fire trap.
Mad Poster
#2941 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 2:31 AM
Those tombs were kind of fun, although it got repetitive after a little while.

Instructor
#2942 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 1:25 PM
"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" *covers mouth* "Oh my gosh. Wow." I said as Skip Broke turned into a toddler. I didn't expect him to look so ugly unique.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Inventor
#2943 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 3:12 PM
What exactly is a TV dinner?

According to Squinge, they're TVs that you can eat, but Mistress Jenna and Wikipedia state that they're frozen store-bought meals that are supposed to be heated and eaten in front of the TV. Since my sims don't usually eat TV dinners in front of the TV, does it still qualify as a TV dinner or does any meal eaten in front of a TV count? If the latter, should the food be called ready-made meal instead? Then it turns out that there was a thread about it too.

The things I think about while watching my sims cook...
Mad Poster
#2944 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 3:25 PM
I've mostly heard them referred to as microwave dinners (even though they can also go in toaster ovens). TV dinners might be an American term.

Scholar
#2945 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Look at Consort's mother. I actually don't understand the ins-and-outs of how the genetics of personality work, but hey, it works for the story.

I played a version of Pleasantview in which I tried to make everyone, well, pleasant. Sims had to have at least 5 Nice points to breed (or 4, if their partner had 8 or more), and permission to have another child depended on the average niceness of the children the couple had already had. It didn't work; even with really nice parents, I had so many grouchy kids the neighbourhood petered out!
Mad Poster
#2946 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 4:37 PM
I've found that whatever determines the personality of newborn Sims seems to prefer extreme values in the personalities. There was some discussion on this a while ago and this came out of it. (I sort of like extreme personalities, though. Makes things a bit more interesting.)

Mad Poster
#2947 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 4:56 PM
Microwave meals aren't quite the same thing. TV dinner refers to a complete meal, each element in its own compartment of a little tray, which is bought frozen. Most of them consist of a meat entree in a large central compartment, with three smaller compartments containing a starch, a vegetable, and a dessert. So a Salisbury steak TV dinner might contain the steak and gravy in the large compartment, and mashed potatoes, green beans, and cherry cobbler in the small ones.

They're called TV dinners because they were originally marketed as a way for the Modern Mother (at whom most TV advertising was directed) to get complete, nutritious meals into their families on nights when everyone wanted to watch TV instead. Everyone picks out their own TV dinner, Mom puts them into the oven, and the TV watching starts, with Mom watching, too, instead of hopping up and down seeing to dinner and then missing half the next program washing the dishes. The family sets up TV trays - basically little folding tables - for each member and dinner is eaten out of the same tray the meal was cooked in, and there's nothing to wash afterward but silverware.

TV dinners have since become strongly associated with bachelors (who use them in preference to actually learning to cook) and working women who don't have time for all that housekeeping stuff. Most now come with directions for heating either in the oven (better taste and texture) or in the microwave (slightly limp and soggy, but fast). The key elements are a) frozen, b)complete meal with multiple dishes, and c)the compartmented tray. Some microwave meals are also TV dinners; but not all microwave meals are TV dinners. A lot of microwave meals are one-dish meals like stews or casseroles, or they are not complete, containing only the meat and starch.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#2948 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 10:15 PM
NOOOO BOY DON'T PUNCH YOUR BROTHER
WHAT HAS HE EVEN DONE TO YOU?!?!

NOW LOOK AT HIM HE'S CRYING INFRONT OF EVERYONE THANKS TO YOU
Mad Poster
#2949 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 1:04 AM
"I don't think that's going to work."

I was doing some maintenance on a (non-Sims related) Joomla! website and while trying to update a plugin absent-mindedly uploaded a TS2 hack instead. Obviously, it didn't work.

I need to get around to sorting out my temp downloads folder.

Mad Poster
#2950 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
... in the microwave (slightly limp and soggy, but fast).

If your microwave dinner is coming out "limp and soggy" you're undercooking it. Try adding more time in 30 second increments until you get better results.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Sims discussion.
Page 118 of 167