Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#7051 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 3:02 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 9th Apr 2019 at 3:18 AM.
Technically I wasn't playin ... was lookin at info in SimPE and followed up online... err so anyways...

Lucy Mole, mother to John Mole of Desiderata Valley, is borked. Not unfixable borked, just EA screw up borked. She has no aspiration, no zodiac sign, or any personality points (and more...lol). I went to read up on her on the Wiki and they say she has a hidden power aspiration. I knew I'd heard/ read somewhere 'bout the power aspiration, but that in the end EA scrapped it.

Well I guess it wasn't totally scrapped. They scrapped it EA style... they left it in, but hid it.

This is what it says on the wiki:
Quote:
Power: (hidden) This aspiration can be obtained by a cheat. It's a combination of Popularity and Fortune (though it is unfinished).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7052 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 8:58 AM
Mad Poster
#7053 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 3:50 PM
I found that there is space enough in the 3 Lakes Mountain's pond to place a Maxis beach on it-It fits perfectly well. Now the pixels who go on a mountain vacation are going to be able to go fishing at the local lake (thanks to that new mod that does it) and bring home some vacation food..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#7054 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I found that there is space enough in the 3 Lakes Mountain's pond to place a Maxis beach on it-It fits perfectly well. Now the pixels who go on a mountain vacation are going to be able to go fishing at the local lake (thanks to that new mod that does it) and bring home some vacation food..

Nice, can you show us how?
Mad Poster
#7055 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 4:12 PM
Well, I didn't take any pictures, this round, but if you go into build mode, find the special 'beaches' and line them up in the small pond, they fit. I was very surprised because I had custom beach lots that would not fit but these did. No cheating, no fancy codes...
But I will take pictures next time I start up the game.

I don't know if it will bork the lot, though-I haven't playtested it, yet. However, Darrell Walton has been throwing me "I wanna go on vacation to the mountains' for a while and I'm tempted to send him for a brief one to just see if it works or not.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Top Secret Researcher
#7056 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 6:20 PM

That's exactly what I did to take this picture Now Three Lakes is so much more beautiful, and they can actually visit the largest lake. ^^

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#7057 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 6:23 PM
I did that in Drama Acres, though I think I remember getting more than three onto it. One was the community lakefront and the rest were for vacation homes. I had only gotten two vacation homes established - the Gavin Newsons built a cabin, and the Frank Munnys had a campsite - but I thought I was going to be able to build more. I could be wrong.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#7058 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Technically I wasn't playin ... was lookin at info in SimPE and followed up online... err so anyways...

Lucy Mole, mother to John Mole of Desiderata Valley, is borked. Not unfixable borked, just EA screw up borked. She has no aspiration, no zodiac sign, or any personality points (and more...lol). I went to read up on her on the Wiki and they say she has a hidden power aspiration. I knew I'd heard/ read somewhere 'bout the power aspiration, but that in the end EA scrapped it.

Well I guess it wasn't totally scrapped. They scrapped it EA style... they left it in, but hid it.

This is what it says on the wiki:
Imagine resurrecting her and hearing a man's voice. Honestly, SimPE and game files are a gold mine of information. I've discovered so much interesting stuff, like which dead Sims were playable, weird relationships between Sims or development info from game files.
Top Secret Researcher
#7059 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Imagine resurrecting her and hearing a man's voice.

Well, imagine my surprise when I discovered a transgender NPC.

Theorist
#7060 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Imagine resurrecting her and hearing a man's voice. Honestly, SimPE and game files are a gold mine of information. I've discovered so much interesting stuff, like which dead Sims were playable, weird relationships between Sims or development info from game files.

Makes ya wonder what they were smokin while they were (supposed to be) workin ... lol
Mad Poster
#7061 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 10:49 PM
Here's my pictures of the 3 Lakes Pond-and I'm happy to see that others have done it successfully.
Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
#7062 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 2:55 AM
Here's my pictures of the 3 Lakes Pond-and I'm happy to see that others have done it successfully.

Oh, forgot to post a picture of it in neighborhood view.
I used the largest lot so that there was as much space as possible before the "lot lines" are shown. I also made a little makeover of the background landscaping.
Fun to see we had almost the same idea ^^

Mad Poster
#7063 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 4:57 AM
I haven't done much terrain decorating, nor have I put up any skylines, but it's looking prettier by the day...and great minds think alike!

Lab Assistant
#7064 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 4:29 PM
Not in the sims but I discovered that the website Wikihow has a guide on how to talk simlish.
Field Researcher
#7065 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 3:20 AM
This was a first for me, saw one of my lazy ass sims just shrug after she got fit.
Test Subject
#7066 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008
This was a first for me, saw one of my lazy ass sims just shrug after she got fit.

My shy Sim does something similar every time I make her talk to people. She glares at me and points to herself as if she is going "Who? Me?!" She also shrugs and looks very upset.
Top Secret Researcher
#7067 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 4:01 PM
First of all, my game runs SO much better now that I've uninstalled Vipre. No more interrupting popups, no more freeze-ups, and the lag has all but disappeared!
Secondly, kids can throw food at each other! Why did I not know this? I guess I always thought of it as a flirtatious interaction so I didn't even think to check.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#7068 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 7:03 PM
Throw food is under play right? Not flirt...But i do admit, I use it myself to make relationship better between young couple

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#7069 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 9:30 PM
They can not only gain a skill point in cleaning for having a date with a neat sim, but also gain a creativity point after an outing. Ophelia was out with a bunch of Capps and four out of five of them have creativity maxed out. It never happens before, I only knew of the cleaning points. ^^

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Mad Poster
#7070 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 3:30 AM
I discovered that infants can apparently be picky about who they play with.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7071 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 4:37 AM
Sure...I can't wait to witness an infant refusing anything in this game...lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7072 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Throw food is under play right? Not flirt...But i do admit, I use it myself to make relationship better between young couple

It's both, depending on who is doing the throwing. If your sim is on a date you will see it with steal a bite and it's considered a flirt, but kids at the table can also throw food.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#7073 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 5:13 AM
I know that I will look like a sloop, but I recently learned that a sim can be made virtually immortal, maintaining his pleasure level with platinum and buying a rejuvenating elixir!
Mad Poster
#7074 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 5:25 AM
Nightlife made the elixir much too easy to get. Send your sim on a lot of dates and the sim will not only spend almost all of their life in platinum mood, but will too easily earn tens of thousands of aspiration points and be able to fill a large room with elixir bottles. I put restrictions in my game - only aliens and mad scientists have access to elixir and even then not all of them are allowed to have it.
Mad Poster
#7075 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine

It's one of the annoying interactions that shouldn't be romantic, along with backrub and classic dance.
Page 283 of 445