Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2016 at 10:33 AM
Default Objects changing place by themselves.
Hi! I'm working on a house and I have used moveobjects and constrain floorelevation cheatcodes. I have also placed some buydebug objects on the lot (like ceiling lights, no hidden rooms etc.) I have many mods installed, including overwatch, master controller and other things.

The problem I'm having is that everything is fine when I build and furniture my houses on the lot, but after I saved and played some objects changed place. Windows jumped on to another house, a fireplace changed room etc. They all seemed to have one thing in common: every object was placed in a place that needed moveobjects on. The fireplace for example was placed with a small part of it inside a wall. I guess the game "corrected" my mistakes, but it's never happened before. I want them to be where I placed them, even if it means they're half inside a wall.

Have I accidentially changed something with overwatch or mastercontroller or is something else wrong? I have used both moveobjects and contrainfloorelevation before without problem.

update 1:
I now know that it happens when I return to live mode.

The objects are where I want them as long as I am in either of buy or build mode, but as soon as I hange to live mode, the game loads for a few seconds and then the objects jump to another place.

I have tried resetting overwatch and master controler to their original settins. It didn't make any difference.

Update 2:

tI ried moving the lot to the library, start a new game, and place the lot in the new game. But the items still change place when I exit buyld/buy and enter live/edit town. I also took away master controller and a few other pretty new mods from my game. I will try in onther houses. I will laso try taking out the overwatch mod.

Update 3:

I thought I had found a way around my problem, but I was wrong.
I tried putting another fireplace in the same place as the old one, but chosing one that fits and doesn't need moveobjects to be placed. I went into edit town mode, and it changed place. So then I put my old type of fireplace inside a totally different wal (like really inside it, split in half) and it didn't move. So I know now that the problem was not my mods or fireplace, or even that it was moveobjects or the placement, but the problem was the walls or floor.

I deleted the walls surrounding the fireplace-area, changed the floor, and put the original fireplace back, and now when I went to edit town it didn't change place.... So there only seemed to be one solution: rebuild the walls or floors or both, in the sections where objects change place.

I had the same problem with some windows as I had with my fireplace, so I started with replacing the walls but the problem remained. So then I changed only the floor instead, and the problem was still there.... and also I had forgotten to build new walls where my fireplace stood, so I did that. That said. I have rebuilt all problem area floors and walls..... but when I tried placing the fireplace there this time, and putting the windows and doors in place.... and then going to edit town, thay jumped out of place. So... Deleting the wallls to make my fireplace stay in place woks fine... but building new walls makes it jump out of place again....

One thing I think is wierd though is that I can't find anyone else having this problem (apart from one who replied to this thread), and this is completely new to me as well, although I have played the game for 7 years. I couldn't find a solution either, naturally, and very few answered my thread... so. Really strange problem.

I have taken out Error trap, overwatch, master controller, a few other, newly installed mods from my mods foler and the problem remains.

I can't recreate the problem on another lot. Neither can I recreate the problem in another building on my current lot. (I'm building a lot with like 6 different builings and ony one of them has this problem.) So first I thought my lot was broken or corrupt, but it only seems to be like 10% of it.

I've really tried everything I can imagine... and nothing works, so I really hope someone with a solution reads this soon. Meanwhile I'm gonna continue building the other buildings on the lot. This problem-building was mostly for decoration anyway.

It's not only the fireplace that is the problem, it's several windows as well, but not all windows. I had used constrainfloorelevation in the area but I've never had trouble with that before. I don't think there's anything wrong with the fireplace, which I've used before as well, since several windows and doors have the same problem. I hae used these windows without trouble before as well.

I did have a seasonal marker on the lot, but when I tried deleting it, even with moveobjects I couldn't. So I changed the lot type to seasonal lot and then back to residental. I forgot to check if the marker dissappeared.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st May 2016 at 2:18 PM
Well, great... juust great... -.-

o I continued bulding in another house on the same lot. Furnishing worked really fine. Placing new doors worked really fine. I didn't seem to have any trouble at all.... until I wanted to place a fireplace along one wall. The fireplace jumped to the middle of the room when I went into edit town mode. But this was another kind of fireplace than the one I used last time. Does the gema, or maybe the lot have some kind of trouble with fireplaces in general?

Te strangest thing of all is that if I keep the chimney, the chimney stays where I placed it but the fireplace still jumps to another place.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2016 at 2:49 PM
Now it seems as If I place any fireplace with the back against any wall, it jumps out of place. But If i place one in the middle of a room it works fine. So I tried placing a fireplace and have the green squares just centimeters from the wall, but that only resulting in the fireplace turning 180 degrees when entering live mode. So right now it is in the right place, but facing the wrong direction.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2016 at 3:11 PM
AT LAST SOME PROGRESS!

I tried placing it against the wall yet again, just like many times before, and all of a sudden it worked. It didn't change plae when I entered live mode. However, it did jump out of place after I put a fireplace decoration on the side of it (the EA one with shovels and brushes) Now I seem to have a new problem tough. I can't grap the fireplace. (though I solved it by having my sim delete it throught testingcheatsenabled true)

BEST THING OF ALL: I could repeat my success!

Now I'll try to delete the chimney and recolour it. Both worked. So my problem seems to have magically solved itself, partially, for now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 12:51 PM
The EA customer sercvice is retarded as usual.
When I had not found a solution after one day of searching for one, I desperately contacted EA.
Wile chatting, before actually doing anything, the problem seemed to magically partially solve itself, now I could place my fireplace where I wanted it, as long as I didn't place any decorations on it.
But I wanted to be sure the problem was solved and would not reappear, plus I wanted my decorations on it.
So EA advisor no: 1 told me to downgrade my patch from 1.69 to 1.67. The would fix the bug. I could then upgrade to 1.69 again.
After downgrading I tried playing but the game thought one of my expansion packs was missing, so I got the message "One or several items gould not be found and was replaced". And I didn't have the engergy to refurnish...
So I tried upgrading to 1.69 again which would allow me to enable/disable expansionpacks. But the launcher thought my game was already up to date and I didn't find any button in origin to update my game.
So... Advisor number 2 told me It can take 24 hours or more for the game to realise my game isn't updated. He seemed to care more about giving me too many discount codes than he was allowed to, and calling me "friend" than actually helping me...
But I waited. Today the game would still not update, and I couldn't find any download for the patch either... so I asked advisor number 3.
She told me I could download the super patch and gave me a link. And she said it was the 1.69 although it was named 1.67, and that EA just hadnt changed the name yet....
So I downloaded it, which took forever, and installed it. Unforturnately that was 1.67, the one I already had.
Forturnately I solved the problem myself, as usual, after even more googling. So Now I have the 1.69, and could enable all expansion packs.

Now the gema seems fins like before, and I can still have my fireplace where I want it.... But the problems with decorating the fireplace remains. I guess I'll just have to live with that...
Site Helper
#6 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 4:26 PM
Did you try using OMSPs to decorate the fireplace?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Did you try using OMSPs to decorate the fireplace?

No, actually not. That might be an idea. But wouldn't the OMSP also take up a spot, a spot which would interfere with the fireplace?

Because I have the same problem on the floor, if I place ANY object inside the fireplace's green area, it jumps. I tried having a rug on the floor in front of it but it wasn't possible.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 8:52 AM
Default Another Porblem Has Occured.
The Sims is usually a little bit laggy for me, even with Error Trap and Overwatch and everything, but it has been a playable amount of lag. (I'm talking about the lag where time and sims stop moving but plumbobs, trees and weather keep moving) This was fine and all, even three days ago when I played a bit, after I had only started building on my lot. Then I continued building and now when I tried playing the lag is unbearable. It doesn't matter what speed I'm running the game at either, 90% of the time it's frozen.

I assume this is because of my lot. It seems to hae something really badly broken, and I guess it affects the routing? Would the problems dissapear if I just threw the lot away?
dodgy builder
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:12 AM
Have you tried throwing the lot away? Otherwise you could start a new game by just renaming your main Sims folder.

The seasonal marker issue you had could cause issues as this ... it sounds like something to stay away from. I know there is some mods at nraas that lets you remove stuck items,
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 4:23 AM
Lea93, I have to agree with Volvenom. Delete that lot ASAP. Whenever a lot is causing so much trouble it isn't worth saving. Even if you fix some things, it is most likely corrupt and will continue to go wonky (yes that is a technical term ). I just hope your entire save game is not lost. A corrupt lot can cause a corrupt save.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Lea93, I have to agree with Volvenom. Delete that lot ASAP. Whenever a lot is causing so much trouble it isn't worth saving. Even if you fix some things, it is most likely corrupt and will continue to go wonky (yes that is a technical term ). I just hope your entire save game is not lost. A corrupt lot can cause a corrupt save.

Ok, it is as I feared then. I have previous saves of that lot in the library, when only the foundation and some walls were finished. Could I restart on that save or should I start over from scratch?

Thankfully I hadn't played anything really, and I have all of my sims and other lots saved in the libraries, all I have to do really is to rebuild my corrupt fireplace-trouble castle.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 3:50 PM
I would just try'n see